LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Lure Making > Make your own Fishing Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tribute or Scraps

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PTL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tribute or Scraps
    Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 7:19am
Hello one and all, 

For a long time now I have been in the background of a couple of good lure makers watching learning and getting excited by what they do when it comes to making lures. Thankyou to Lobby Lures and Nativeman plus a few others I am sure to have forgotten. PJ (southern cross) Chris (fugly) and Wes. 

Finally after a lot of trial and error I finally have a lure that not only excites me but it swims really well and will be fun to fish with. I am looking forward to a live test fish in maroon and eventually in the salt.

This is only a prototype made from Western Red Cedar, hand painted by daughter (4 year old who loves purple), the shape is inspired by a lure I am entering into the barrambah Aussie Day comp and it’s finished just with zpoxy 5 minute sealer. 

Hope everyone likes and once you see my submission to the comp it will make more sense how the shape came about but for now I am not giving anything away. The comp has been fun and interestingly has created two vastly different lure just using the scraps created in the process. 

“One mans scraps is another mans lure I guess. “ 
Krisco82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krisco82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 11:17am
Nice one mate! 
Good to see you in the shed giving 
it a crack and enjoying yourself.
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 12:47pm
thats what its all about.
try not to take it tooooooo serious and just enjoy it.
your first fish on it will get you grinning.
Jas
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 4:41pm
Well done on giving it a go and working out something that excites you - congratulations
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
PTL View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PTL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 7:20pm
Thanks Nicho I appreciate the reply. I am looking forward to catching a few that will be the ultimate I guess. 😉
PTL View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PTL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 7:21pm
Thanks 
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 8:26pm
Looks really nice and I look forward to hearing about your progress and catches
The first Fish on the first made Lure is always something special, regardles off species ore size
Thanks fore sharing with us Thumbs Up

Knaek & Break 
              Per
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
EVEN CUSTOM DOGS LIKE THEM
PTL View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PTL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 9:05pm
Thanks P.j I look forward to catching one on it as well. Pretty sure I will be pinching myself when it does. 
PTL View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PTL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 5:37pm
So as planned Krisco82 and I took lures out to Maroon Dam yesterday afternoon. I am pleased to say they all swam really well but no fish caught on mine. At a guess they aren’t swimming deep enough so I will be using lure lovers and researching how to get them down deeper. Also thinking the shape may play well in a few options like surface or jointed. Will see what happens but for now I am enjoying the journey and process. Krisco82 cleaned up with 3 good sized fish on his variety of Fugly Lures and I managed one early on with a Lobby Lure “deefa” but it was still a cracking afternoon on the water. 

I just need to get this Australia Day lure finished up with final touches then I can finally enjoy putting extra time into my Lure. 
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 9:07pm
If Krisco was using a Funky Haggis then no wonder he cleaned up. I could never outfish Mr Sinclair when he used one of these
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
PTL View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PTL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2021 at 3:20pm
So I guess I should show the finished product from
The lure Competition that inspired the lure made. It was actually a off cut from this design when cut the main body. 
Andymac1970 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andymac1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2021 at 6:11pm
Looking good as long as you are enjoying it what ever come after that doesn't matter
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic