Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > NSW Lures > Powell Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2022 Kaditcha Sets

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2022 Kaditcha Sets
    Posted: 28 Jun 2022 at 5:18pm
After a 12-18 months worth forgetting, with a broken shoulder that won't mend properly, endless wet weather and the worst flu that I've ever had, I finally finished the 2022 Kaditcha Sets in 2022!! Thumbs Up

Only one full Set

Beer

Travers
rodsncods View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodsncods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2022 at 5:33pm
for who and how much?. . . .mick
BEER IS PROOF THAT GOD LOVES US AND WANTS US TO BE HAPPY!!!
Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2022 at 6:30pm
They look awesome as always Travers Clap

I hope the rest of the year treats you better! 
Cheers, Tony

For the love of Fishing Lures.
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2022 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by rodsncods rodsncods wrote:

for who and how much?. . . .mick

G'day Mick.  I only make 20 Kaditcha Sets per year and it's near impossible to get onto that list. There are still 7 people on the waiting list.

You can order the 4", 5" and 6" Kaditchas, but I only do them as 'signed' collectables.  I tried selling them as 'fishing lures', but people were selling them for 3-4 times what they paid for them, a month or two after buying them. Angry  So, that put an end to offering Kaditchas at a price that was suitable for fishing.

Cheers

Travers

brendan t View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brendan t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2022 at 8:22pm
may i ask how much for 4 inch please
brendan t
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2022 at 2:46pm
Very very nice, would love to use a 4 inch on a murray cod around Tenterfield
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2022 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by horrorhead horrorhead wrote:

Martin, the Kaditchas are a nightmare to cast on a baitcaster, particularly into the wind. They are the least aerodynamic lure on the planet! They tend to float around in the air and cause many backlashes. Great trolling lure! LOL

Beer

Travers

Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2022 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by brendan t brendan t wrote:

G'day Brendan.  I only do the Kaditchas as 'signed' collectibles. I tried selling the 4" Skinny Skinny Kaditchas as a 'fishing lure', a few years ago for $40, but when I saw them being auctioned for over $100 I stopped. I annoys the crap out of me, when I do all the hard work and make sfa, then somebody triples the price without effort.

The 4" Kaditcha has been $100 for about 15 years! Probably time to catch up with inflation. I stopped taking lure orders about 18 months ago, trying to catch up with back orders. If this rain ever stops, I should get the back orders finished sometime this year.

Beer

Travers
whipit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whipit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2022 at 12:31am
Originally posted by Powelly Powelly wrote:

Originally posted by brendan t brendan t wrote:

G'day Brendan.  I only do the Kaditchas as 'signed' collectibles. I tried selling the 4" Skinny Skinny Kaditchas as a 'fishing lure', a few years ago for $40, but when I saw them being auctioned for over $100 I stopped. I annoys the crap out of me, when I do all the hard work and make sfa, then somebody triples the price without effort.

The 4" Kaditcha has been $100 for about 15 years! Probably time to catch up with inflation. I stopped taking lure orders about 18 months ago, trying to catch up with back orders. If this rain ever stops, I should get the back orders finished sometime this year.

Beer

Travers

I see it too and annoys the hell out of me, could imagine how it makes you feel after all your hard work. One of the only true hand carved lures still existing. Got to be the lowest to sit back and make money from your skills and patience to do it all by hand. No wonder some of our best lure makers have stopped making because of the money making bullshit. The few I have will all be fish to the death. Sad times we live in to see it all happen. Oh well had my rant. Attack me in the comments if you wish LOLLOL
whipit
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2022 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by Powelly Powelly wrote:

Originally posted by horrorhead horrorhead wrote:

Martin, the Kaditchas are a nightmare to cast on a baitcaster, particularly into the wind. They are the least aerodynamic lure on the planet! They tend to float around in the air and cause many backlashes. Great trolling lure! LOL

Beer

Travers

A troll around the deep reefs .... but that's a good way o loose lures to big hungry thingsLOL. You would be surprised as to how many brand new lures I have lost on their first troll over deep reefs OuchOuchOuchOuchOuchOuch
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic