LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Lure Making > The Luremakers Shed
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Airbrush Paint Booth

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sudanraghu2210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Airbrush Paint Booth
    Posted: 27 Oct 2022 at 6:19am
Hi

A need was felt for making home made airbrush spray booth since i stay in flat having central AC system (specifically health related though I use acrylics water based paints only) and there is no way to have a shed for the same in this part of the world. Did lot of research on YouTube and other portals as i am neither a qualified engineer or skilled craftsman. There are tones of videos available  on YouTube on the subject.

Finally decided to make one which can be easily pack and stack together in small space  after the use as i have space constrain . Its still not completed, waiting for the filter media and to fix led lights and exhaust duck. I used Plastic storage container with 10'' rotatory exhaust fan. Hope it works keeping figure cross.Smile

Any suggestions are welcome.

Regards, Raghubir

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/80W984_xmDY
Its takes years of hard work, commitment and passion to give a life to a piece of raw timber !!
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2022 at 8:59am
Looks like a clever solution Raghubir Well done Thumbs Up

Knaek & Break
             Per
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
EVEN CUSTOM DOGS LIKE THEM
sudanraghu2210 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sudanraghu2210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2022 at 7:51pm

Thanks Per, there are ton of posts available on you tube and you can decide which one you want to make. You can customized as per your needs, i move forward on this project and got glass fiber media to be used for filter.

After getting the same, i got worried with regards to handling of the same, since it is made of glass fibers. could not find any good  source online for handling this media.

In case you know anything on the same , please advice.

Today i moved forward since its week end, made home made filter frame using Amazon laptop corrugated packing and put the filter and run. 

It works perfectly Ok, but thinking of good option in place of glass fiber media. 

( put on rubber long gloves, hands and body covered and safety glasses as some precaution for handling glass fiber)

Here are some of the pics. 

Regards, Raghubir
Its takes years of hard work, commitment and passion to give a life to a piece of raw timber !!
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2022 at 4:59pm
theres all kinds of air filter media Raghubir.Where i work they have a polyester type foam in the exhaust fans which would probably do the job,ive also heard of people using 3M Scotchbrite sanding pads (which are like the scrubbing pads we use for scrubbing pots and pans) as filters,you can also use sheets of fine felt.If your only spraying waterbased paints its probably not that important ,Before computers commercial artists and graphic artists used airbrushes in offices and studios all the time without too many problems.If you decide to try the scotchbrite pads let me know as i have a friend who uses them in his car painting business,im sure he'd give me a few to send you if you want them.I like your spray booth its a good ideaThumbs Up
that's no how ye make porridge!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sudanraghu2210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2022 at 2:49am
Thanks Chris , for your valuable advice. I started the whole project just to see that me & my family are safe with the air circulation  in the flat. After going through some of the reviews online, i have dropped the idea of using glass fiber filter. Chris,  majority of flats here have central AC system and are airtight. 

Sure i am interested, please pm me with the size and other details of scotchrite pads. Just out of curiosity, how you guys are painting your lures. Do you have paint booth or you do it open in shed with proper exhaust system in place.   

Thanks Chris for your advice.

Regards, Raghubir

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sudanraghu2210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2022 at 6:32pm
Dear All

Finally,  today  i finished my portable paintbooth project for lure painting.

Here are some of the pics & video link of finish project for your views, suggestions.Smile

https://youtu.be/KbKpDlrM1to

Material Used:
1. 2 Plastic storage box
2. Exhaust blower & Exhaust flexible duct
3. Led strip 100w, led channel, 2 way connectors, step down transformer
4. For filter - window plastic matt, aquarium spong filter

Thanks, Raghubir

horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2022 at 4:27pm
Looks good Raghubir, that will work well.
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic