LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > International Lures > Asian Lures > Japanese Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Japanese Bass lures 1999

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Japanese Bass lures 1999
    Posted: 13 Jan 2011 at 8:54pm
Some different and interesting designs  and paint jobs for Japanese  Bass lures available 1999

The pink hippo photo 1  has a completely different style to the normal lure. I wonder how successful it has been.

Regards John.

hazmail View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Rayna Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hazmail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2011 at 8:10pm
John- no replies to this one,,, they don't know what they are looking at, have you ever seen the originals in wood, these may be plastic but these guys are real artists, the ones that everyone else copies.
Thanks for posting them.
Pete
ropes.basstard View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Asian Lures Guide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ropes.basstard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2011 at 8:40pm
The Japanese certainly have a fun and novel approach to lures, their design and use. I don't have too many Japanese novelty lures but have seen a large number of them on display on the internet. I wonder what the pink hippo is like on the water?
Hi I'm Ropes and I'm addicted to fishing lures.
Screamingreel View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2011 at 6:05pm
I have another 2 or 3 Bass lure pages to go will try and post tomorrow they are very interesting both the designs and paint work
The catalogue has about 300 /350 pages and a little hard to scan.
 There maybe some ideas for our inland lure markers. to make for their  fresh water fish.
Regards John
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2011 at 7:37am
Some more Bass Lure designs from Japan
Enjoy

Regards John

bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2011 at 8:00am
IVE NEVER seen so many stunning surface lures thanks for posting them up JOHN.....regards bobTongueTongueTongueClapClapCoolCool
JD LURES View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

JD/Eddy Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD LURES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2011 at 6:39pm
LOLLOL
Love the Hippo and little yellow submarine.
 Some interesting looking gear there for sure.

JD
jorgvh View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jorgvh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2011 at 9:06pm
Some of those are still being made today, and some have just been stopped being made.
Hate to say but the non timber lures being made these days the jappaness win hands down in quality.
Lets see if people can name the ones still going or even the brand names and or ones not being made any more.

Ill start jackson pivot lure, from memory your last page right corner 2nd down.Top bream topwateer lure in W.A at the moment....from memory not being made anymore could be wrong.
doccod View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
B.J.'s Spinnerbaits

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doccod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 12:00pm
WinkOk see if i can get this posted this time. I've also been getting some terrific japanese lures that are see thru plastics!!! The new wake baits by evergreen called rat-a-tats just awesome!!!! Ice-cream bill shad deep diving from evergreen just awesome!!!! Jackall squirrels in colours and sizes not brought to australia watch out impoundment bass!!!! Pop x's in clear herringbone with gold highlights and squad shads in 65mm sizes shallow for weed work!!!! Yes folks I'm still sourcing other lures for tournament time!!! You should see my barra sized squirrels all suspending just awesome!!!! Regards B.J.Wink
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 1:06pm
Bob
some photo's please B. J.

Clear basic shells that needed glueing and screwing were around 80cents to a $1 each all clear lures.
they were either from Canada/ America
I will post a picture for you. Bulk purchases were cheaper

I may also have to check what the current range is.

Regards john
jorgvh View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jorgvh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 9:29pm
Know what you mean about squirrels, some of mine
rizzo View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rizzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2011 at 6:45am
Haha funny looking lures and I bet they all catch fish as well funny saying that I have the yellow sub it's in the Japanese section in lures recently listed....

Cheers rizzo
smed View Drop Down
Beginner Member
Beginner Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2013 at 10:44pm
Very lucky to have been gifted one of the above from Japan recently. The second page 4th down on the right. It's a HMNG (as are others I was given). Mine came from a display. There are two others that look very similar to the others that I was given (one to the left & one below), however mine are more arched in the body. My understanding is that Mr Horimoto has passed on. Is anyone able to confirm this? I'll get my act together & post pictures soon.
ropes.basstard View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Asian Lures Guide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ropes.basstard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2013 at 11:03pm
Hi Smed the Japanese certainly put out some nice looking lures. SO does that mean your lure is like the chugger/popper in the red/white colour?
Hi I'm Ropes and I'm addicted to fishing lures.
Strangalures View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strangalures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2013 at 1:22am
There's some beauties there alright
Fish Choking Lures :)
smed View Drop Down
Beginner Member
Beginner Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2013 at 8:10am
Yep....that's the one. Has "Alligator" written on it.  Bar the Alligator, all are foil carved lures. I've never collected before. Have to work out how I can display them. I've read up on how good Horimoto's swim, though can't bring myself to put them in water as they really are works of art. Some came without hooks & split rings. Would/should you add these for display?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic