LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Books and Publications > Vintage and Collectible Books and Publications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

John Sautelle's fly fishing books

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: John Sautelle's fly fishing books
    Posted: 20 Jan 2011 at 7:52pm
I posted this on L&M in 2009, but thought that there may be LureLovers members who may not have seen that post.  So for those who have previously read this, sorry for the duplication.

Having lived at Merimbula & Pambula for many years, I was lucky enough to meet John Sautelle, through my friendship with Bushy (Kaj Busch). I met and chatted to John on a number of occassions and was fortunate enough to get a couple of autographed books from him. He was a fascinating man and was always good for a chat. On one occassion, John took me out the back of the fishing shop, where Bushy worked, and gave me some fly casting lessons - pity I didn't get a few more lessons, because I sure need them!

These two books, of John's, not only provide great educational information on flyfishing but also have detailed information on places around the world where John has fished. Definitely a great read. Not sure if you can still buy them, though.

I actually have two copies (both autographed) of "Fishing for the Educated Trout".

I was President/Secretary of the Coolah Anglers Club for many years. I wrote to John, asking if he would donate an autographed book as a prize for the heaviest fly caught trout. Being the gentleman that he was, he sent off a copy of "Fishing for the Educated Trout". I won that prize.  Below is the note that John put in with the book.

Cheers

Travers
ropes.basstard View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Asian Lures Guide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ropes.basstard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2011 at 8:47pm
Travers,

What a great prize to win. You must be very pround of this one.

Ropes
Hi I'm Ropes and I'm addicted to fishing lures.
Screamingreel View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2011 at 9:59pm
Thanks for posting Travers

Regards John
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic