LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > NSW Lures > Keith Baker
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MOST OF MY TIMBER BAKER CRAYS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reelsandlures63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MOST OF MY TIMBER BAKER CRAYS
    Posted: 29 Jan 2011 at 3:38pm
THESE ARE MOST OF THE TIMBER BAKER CRAYS I HAVE,I OWN AROUND 75 OF KEITH BAKERS LURES IN TOTAL.THERE ARE A LOT OF DIFFERENT STYLES YHAT I HAVE NEVER SEEN ANY WHERE ELSE.I HAPE YOU ENJOY THEM.
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2011 at 4:00pm
Beautiful lures.  What an awesome collection.

That big green cray would boil up nicely!Thumbs Up

Are these lures hand carved or turned out on a copy lathe?

Thanks for sharing your collection.

Travers
Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2011 at 4:17pm
An incredible collection Steven, and some amazing variations that I have certainly never seen before (or heard of)  StarStarStarStarStar Clap

It has taken me a while to type this response as I keep going back to the photo's! Big smile Thank you for sharing your collection with us  Steven, I look forward to learning more about Keith Bakers works. I've never seen so many Keith Baker lures in my entire life as I've seen recently - I love it! Cool

Travers, I don't know if any were ever made on a lathe, although the ones I have seen seem to all vary slightly in shape and size, even between same sized models which makes me think possibly all hand carved? (I could be wrong as that's purely a guess!)

If anyone cares to send me a bunch of Keith Baker lures to drool over (oops i mean carefully study!) I'd be glad to have a look! LOL
Cheers, Tony

For the love of Fishing Lures.
Screamingreel View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2011 at 4:23pm
Good one Tony may as well get in early you never know your luck
Certainly a great selection
Regards John
Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2011 at 4:34pm
I assure you that was totally in jest John LOL

In reality I wouldn't handle the stress of being responsible for much more than the small collection I currently have of Mr Bakers Lures, and certainly couldn't afford to replace them if I lost them  Confused

I hope the increased awareness of Keith Bakers lures recently might bring the topic to someones attention who is able to tell us a little more about them - I'd certainly love to learn more!

Cheers, Tony

For the love of Fishing Lures.
reelsandlures63 View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reelsandlures63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2011 at 5:13pm
hi travers,to the best of my knowlage all of keith bakers lures were hand carved this is why they were so limited in numbers.thanks mate steven
if this bloody cyclone does not blow me away i will try and post the rest of my baker lures.
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2011 at 5:22pm
Wow!  To hand carve those shapes is just awesome.  He certainly is a true craftsman.

Travers
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2011 at 6:03pm
I know Tony
I was a little slow of the mark, I was thinking of tossing my hat into the ring at the time and I am not a collector. A lot of work in those lures.,and finish is outstanding.
I try and post something up if I can locate anything in my mags on Keith Baker

regards John
Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2011 at 7:18pm
6159 wow what a selection.... I have only one true baker, and it is tiny

only 4cm nose to tail  preserved for eternity in resin by Warren Nicholson who owned Jaysea,
alongside the 7cm moulded Jaysea version.

Brad

Brad

"If you are going to have fun with your rod.. get some wood

Pilly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2011 at 8:27pm
Hi Steven,

That is an awesome collection mate. Thanks for posting them up.
Stay safe and I hope that Cyclone's impact is only minimal.

Regards
Adrian
Toga Fever
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2011 at 9:54pm
Brad
That little yellow lure  has a great colour scheme.

regards john
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2012 at 9:51am
JUAT a awsome lot of crays well doneClapREGARDS bob
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic