LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > NT Lures > Reidys
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Eyeless Aqua Rat and Eyeless Gold Amazon

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Eyeless Aqua Rat and Eyeless Gold Amazon
    Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 12:46pm
Spotted this story in Modern Fishing Jan 1992
Jeff Reid  prototype lures
I wonder if anybody may have one of these lures in there posession, abridged story attached, dealing with the
prototype lures.

Regards John.

Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 1:02pm
Good question John, I will be having a good look through my Reidy's lures when I finally find where the box with them in it is located!

Cheers, Tony

For the love of Fishing Lures.
Ant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2011 at 10:50pm
The Amazon and Mitey Mite moulds are still around. I recently purchased some from 'Frenchie" in Darwin. He owns "The Tackle Box" which is obviously a tackle shop up here.

Actually fished with a mate up here in December last year and his biggest barra went to another out of date Reidy's lure. Aqua Rat. There is a rumour that they may be bringing these back into production.
Photo attached. The main pic made it to the front cover of the February, 2011 NT Fish and Boat.

Screamingreel View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2011 at 12:33pm
Sorry Ant missed this post earlier, certainly wanted that lure

Regards John
Ant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2011 at 9:46pm
Sure did. I heard the fish 'boof' the lure underwater before Larry came up tight to it. From the sound, I knew it was a good fish.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic