LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > QLD Lures > Viper
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Viper Bass

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Viper Bass
    Posted: 23 Nov 2009 at 9:22am
Signed by Shane, larger than the molded ones. 

Tagged and released
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2009 at 3:18pm
IVE had alot of these over the 90s great throbing action with a fair bit of sway another of me favs.................and timber....
Brolly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brolly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2010 at 6:39am
Craig i thought that single timber"Viper"looked a bit all alone so here's some mates for him.
FISHING JUSTS GETS IN THE WAY OF MY LURE COLLECTING
lure crazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lure crazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2010 at 10:21am
Mate, those lures are phenominal!!!!!!!!!! look at the paint detail, Those things are really something else! I love that silver/ burnt red colour with the stripes.ShockedShockedShocked
CaptainCranky View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainCranky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 10:25am
Just got some Shane Murphy Vipers.Some are quite old and all wood.Very attractive lure.

The Journey is the Reward

bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 3:54pm
StarStarStarStarStarIVE fished these lures for a long time there top shelf barry..........ClapClap
Stephen Booth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephen Booth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 10:34am
Very happy with the painted bib versions - they look awesome with the big V from the nose. Really nice.
Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 11:26am
Great lures guys

I agree with Stephen, the viper tongue on the oldies looks great, I hadn't seen them before, thanks for sharing.

Cheers, Tony

For the love of Fishing Lures.
CaptainCranky View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainCranky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 12:46pm
I'll let you touch them Tony
The Journey is the Reward

Aussbasstony View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussbasstony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 5:35pm
Hi,

they are nive lures that's for sure. I have a couple of the large ones with the painted metal bib's.

I swam them at Glenlyon dam for a couple of years and thew a few away before I realised the collecting side of these beauties. The problem I had with those particular lure was the timber seemed like it would swell and all the paint cracked and made the lure go all funny. I still have a couple of them that are intact though. and plenty of his smaller ones.

Thanks for the reminder pic's Smile
Aussbasstony View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussbasstony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 5:37pm
P.S.

The yellow Black Viper in the big painted metal bib looked awesome in it's day :-)
Luc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2010 at 8:42pm
I have a number of the wooden ones, some with custom paint jobs from Shane.
I'll take some photos and post them.

When targetting cod in Somerset Dam, I use all black ones which they seem to like.
I rarely get interest from bass & goldens for that colour.

Luc
basstard View Drop Down
Beginner Member
Beginner Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote basstard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2014 at 8:53pm
Mr Mutphy, i opened my tackle box for the first time in about ten years ,a couple months ago to find it still full of viper lures , i have been swimming them and still catching fish but are running low thanks to some good snags.
Fysshe Salmon View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Fysshe Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fysshe Salmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2014 at 8:59pm
Nice one Ian!! I've heard him called lots of things but "MUTPHY" takes the cake... Thumbs Up
Fysshe
Mr Viper View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Viper Lures (Still Young)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Viper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2014 at 10:02pm
Thanks Fysshe , he's probably getting on in years now and finds the keys by Brail, harmless though
Fishing ??? Lets do it !!!!!!!!!!
basstard View Drop Down
Beginner Member
Beginner Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote basstard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2014 at 10:12pm
Yep getting on but not quiet as old as some definate brail unless the coke bottles are on.
Mr Viper View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Viper Lures (Still Young)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Viper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2014 at 10:14pm
Thought so
Fishing ??? Lets do it !!!!!!!!!!
basstard View Drop Down
Beginner Member
Beginner Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote basstard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2014 at 10:26pm
Been a long time no see Shane good to see you still kicken .
steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2014 at 11:16pm
Love those metal bibbed old vipers!
cheers steiny
Mal Vader View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mal Vader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2014 at 11:38am
Looks like the Forked Tongued One (try sayin that a coupla times) will hafta make some more.
Hey, Fangs!!!, if ya do, chuck a coupla extas together for The DARK LORD,,,, PLEASE! Big smile
DARK LORD
In Space, no-one can hear you SCREAM!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic