LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > QLD Lures > Bladerunner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Blade runner

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Blade runner
    Posted: 15 Feb 2011 at 9:36am
Located Modern  Fishing  1991

Regards John

Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2011 at 5:58pm
Another Quality Product developed in the Qld Railway Workshops Thumbs Up
an old mate of mine used to work alongside Leigh and we always had a supply of Blades and the Mini Blades when we hit Somerset, they still work a treat when the Bass are schooled up deep.
Leigh sold the business several years ago and the lures disappeared from store not long after unfortunately
Brad
"If you are going to have fun with your rod.. get some wood

Screamingreel View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2011 at 8:40pm
Brad
I have come across a Night Blade runner as well .

Will locate and post tomorrow.

regards John
Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2011 at 9:48pm
John, that was the glow in the dark one right, Leigh was playing with those late in the story, He used some of the Protek Glow powder paint from memory.

Brad
"If you are going to have fun with your rod.. get some wood

LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2011 at 7:16am
located Queensland fishing monthly July 1993

Regards John

trevron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trevron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2011 at 11:40am
Hi John, I knew Leigh quite well from the tackle shop scene, and fished with him on a couple of occcasions. A top bloke and a brilliant tradesman. Dropped out of sight unfortunately. He started off in the lure scene making his mirror spoons, (Huntingdon Drone, Makka Spoon look alike). He wanted to make a new lure, so he went to Vic McSea for advice. Vic suggested he do a metal vibration lure. Heddon had one (the name escapes me) and the Bladerunner was born. He also made a weighted stainless casting spoon, I think called a Castaway. Everytime I look at the range of blades on the market, I always think of Leigh and how he was before his time. He often used to bemoan the fact the fishing public weren't buying enough of his lures. I have a stack of Bladerunners compliments of Leigh, he would give you a handful everytime we went fishing. Posted a pic of some
Regards Trevor
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2011 at 1:31pm
Thanks Trevor
Nice to see the actual lure . Would they be early 90's vintage
Was the lure making a full time or part time occupation at the time.

regards John
trevron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trevron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2011 at 5:07pm
Hi John, yes Leigh did it full time from his house at Tivoli in Ipswich. He had so much machinery in his garage, the cars had to go in the street. He also used to make the internal wires for Alan & Pete at Lively Lures, who by the way used to mould the lead heads on the Blade Runners.
Trevor
Jeff View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2011 at 5:23pm
  Funny how Blades are the all "New" fad at the moment LOL   Been around for years Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic