Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > SA Lures > Bill Jackson
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Lures

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Bill Jackson Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bilge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Lures
    Posted: 17 Apr 2011 at 1:28pm
When Captn Cranky contacted me initially things were happily moving along going nowhere. The Minister for War & Finance reckons he has got a lot to answer for and I for one wouldn't disagree. I think that is Great. Its his fault that I am buying new and used lures from ebay buying lures from LL luremakers and purchasing bandsaws, spray guns, timber and work in the garage till all hours thanks for that help Barry. The only thing that he doesnt have to answer for is the tiny Canadian made palm plane that I now use and that is the responsibility of Travers ( I have pensioned off the Boot Rasp). All of this transfer of resonsibility leaves me squeeky clean.LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
I have been playing around for some time now and while the little plane has been a massive step forward in shaping lures, it is the painting that has caused the most issues (and my impatience). Still using spray cans and that causes me some limitations so I have purchased an airbrush which I havent used yet( fear of the unknown) and have arranged for someone to walk me through the basics. I do like the high gloss hard finish of 2 pot clear and that is the next hurdle. But little bits at atime and I am back on the bike.
I have attached some photos of my latest lures. the Large gold one was a challenge from Barra Guide in Darwin for a large 26-8 cm lure with the right action. The bib is replaceable.

Lure Drying Rack

Big Minnow

Finished Gold Minnow

Latest minnows

Some shad style waiting for to see
The older I get the more I learn.
Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2011 at 2:50pm
Very Nice Bill, and I do like a good Vine Dried article LOL

Brad
"If you are going to have fun with your rod.. get some wood

Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2011 at 5:52pm
very nice Bill, good to see you back into it, the lures look great, I like the look of the unfinished shad, very nice shape!
Keep them coming mate. and spray cans!!!! very nice.
Jas
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
simon bruce View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simon bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2011 at 6:18pm
We'll have to call you "teflon" with all that sliding off responsibilities.Big smile

Great looking lures there you are getting a great result with spray cans. 

Assuming the large one is a runoff special be nice to see what takes a fancy to that.

Simon
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2011 at 8:02pm
STUNNERS BILL there dead sexy as always regards BOBClapClapClapClap
bilge View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Bill Jackson Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bilge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2011 at 8:28pm
Simon it helps deflect some of the comments from the Minister and Barry has such Broad shoulders.
Teflon indeed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Wink And yes it was to be for the Runoff
Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2011 at 8:51pm
Very nice Bill  Clap

Barry does have a lot to answer for, although after looking at those lures you have made Bill, I can see you will probably have me too answering to the minister of war and finance LOL

Cheers, Tony

For the love of Fishing Lures.
Seaweed View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
née Capt.Seaweed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seaweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 11:58am
Bill, glad to see you've caught the bug again, definitely keep you out of the pub.LOL
Love the latest minnows and new shads, I see a new trade coming up.
Regards, Tony.
"Always Merry and Bright"
doccod View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
B.J.'s Spinnerbaits

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doccod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 12:10pm
WinkVery well done bilge I hope whoever fishes those large barra lures get 50lbers!!!!! B.J.Wink
hazmail View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Rayna Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hazmail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 7:46pm
Bill- nice little (and BIG) lures- From your photos you can see the workmanship, just by looking at those even curves, which yours have.
Nice work, and get that air brush going, it will open up a whole new vista of patterns, not to mention time saved.
Pete
barneyminno View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Deep River Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barneyminno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2011 at 11:03pm

Lovely lures Bill ,

any chance of a small minnow and a shad?

back-order me if necessaryLOL

Anthony
Jimmac View Drop Down

JM Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2011 at 9:16pm
Nice lures Bill  Clap.  Just as well as I am fazing out, or I could have some stiff opposition.   Embarrassed Smile.  Bit over half way through all those old blanks you saw in my shed, when they are finished that's it.
Regards....  Jim
bilge View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Bill Jackson Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bilge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2011 at 12:06am
Jim thanks for that, It is encouraging to hear those words.
Billj
Seaweed View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
née Capt.Seaweed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seaweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2011 at 10:45am
Good to hear Jim, I'm down for a couple already, keenly awaiting their completion.
Regards, Tony (Darwin, NT).
"Always Merry and Bright"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic