LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > NSW Lures > Legend
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Legend Lure collectors Stainless steel bib

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Legend Lure collectors Stainless steel bib
    Posted: 20 Apr 2011 at 9:53am
Located this interesting piece of information for Legend Lure Collectors

Freshwater Fishing 1992   Reference stainless steel bib

I hope it is helpful

Regards John

Bigriver View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Kneller Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2011 at 9:59am
I can remember visiting Ray around the time he introduced the s/s bib. He used to put them in a cement mixer full of aggregate and leave them tumbling all day. They came out with a mirror finish. Cheers Paul.
Screamingreel View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2011 at 10:05am
Thanks Paul           That interesting

Had a client in Tasmania that made buttons from abalone shells  (punched them out  and holed them) and used a particular rice grain in a tumbler to polish the buttons for sale all over the world
regards John
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2011 at 10:11am
GREAT INFO on the polishing boys the smaller lures in his stable were fantastic flatty luresClapClapClapClapBig smileBig smileBOB
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2012 at 12:28pm
ad in freshwater fishing 1992  Stainless bib
regards John
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2012 at 12:38pm
Same mag with 40 kg cod the feature article in the Mag caught  on  a Legend Lure. Double page photo condensed in ad. Thought to be the largest caught that year.
regards John
mdlures View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
MD Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdlures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2012 at 12:53pm
I used to have a couple of the 60mm divers & as Bob said, they were great on Flathead Thumbs Up

cheers
Mark
MDlures
traditional hand carved fishing lures
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2013 at 11:22am
VERY nice lures with the polished bibClapClapClapClapTongueTongueregards bob
Strangalures View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strangalures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2013 at 12:50pm
I like the cement mixer idea nice looking models
Fish Choking Lures :)
chooka44 View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chooka44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2014 at 10:37pm
Originally posted by Screamingreel Screamingreel wrote:

Same mag with 40 kg cod the feature article in the Mag caught  on  a Legend Lure. Double page photo condensed in ad. Thought to be the largest caught that year.
regards John

That cod went 138cm and 86lb caught by Andrew Guthrie {pictured} who owned The Bent Rod tackle shop in Altona in Melbourne's western suburbs. Caught on an 85mm Legend using 15lb mono though a short stroker rod. The fish died due to being out of the water too long and was subsequently mounted. Andrew was ropeable due to the media man taking the photos dragging things out for the perfect pic for advertising purposes.
rhino.0407 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rhino.0407 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2014 at 5:12pm
Great idea using the cement mixer to polish the bibs,have to give it a try.cheers pete
Cod Classic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cod Classic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2015 at 10:52pm
G'day All

Gave a customer "pick of the stand" of any lure in store today in exchange for a 125mm RTB Stainless Steel bibbed lure in great condition.

Q - Are these lures very collectible and do they have much value?

Cheers TB
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 11:47am
YEP &YEP & YEP i dig the stainless bib & that lures design is awesome I like the blue ones &i think there worth a few bucks too tonyWinkBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileregards bob
murraycod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote murraycod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 5:48pm
Was the blue the only colour with the stainless bib?

Cheers, Jim
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 6:05pm
BLUEs the only colour ive seen them on JIMBig smileBig smileBig smileregards bob

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cod Classic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 9:47pm
Rang Graeme Clark in Wagga (Owner of Legend Lures) to find out a bit more history. He believes there could have been 10 colors in the SS bib range. The one I have is Orange / White.

A bit more to add to the "Legend" trilogy! When Clarky took over Legend lures from Ray Broughton he did not take on the 125mm lure, that went to Rob Collicote (Deniliquin I think)  - before it ended up with Gary Armstrong Echuca / Moama and the name become Tiegar Lures.

Cheers TB
murraycod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote murraycod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 11:39pm
It all seems very complicated.

Did Clark only buy the Legend name and the minnow shape and Collicote the three lengths of Legend shape?

What does the R & M mean moulded into the bellies? How can you get an R & M lure on a Legend card with an Echuca/Moama phone number? Was that Collicote or was it Armstrong before he produced Tiegar cards with a different Echuca phone number? ( Problem if Clark owned the Legend name? )

Why are there some Legend shape lures with nothing moulded into the bellies?

Did Broughton sell the Shimmey shape to someone else????

Wonder if you could ring Clark again Tony?

Cheers, Jim
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2015 at 11:51am
Anymore info on this one . all very interesting, but everything seemed to happen sometime ago.

Thanks

Regards John

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cod Classic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2023 at 11:30pm
Jim

Sorry I missed this post (some 8 years ago!) and didn't act on it for you.

Somehow just came across it whilst searching for some other info on Legend lures who now have changed hands twice since Clarky go rid of them.

Cheers TB

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cod Classic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2023 at 11:34pm
Also interesting to see this Cod measuring 138cms. In my 30 years here at Mulwala, the biggest I have seen is 2 different ones at 135cm. Have heard plenty of BIG stories that wern't accompanied by photos. Like Martians and space ships, until I see photos I don't believe.

Had a bloke in store the other day who swore he got a 140cm Cod. After seeing the pics I had to advise him on how to read a tape measure and that his fish was only 104cms!

Cheers TB
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic