LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > QLD Lures > Gidgee
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gidgee Magic

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussbasstony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gidgee Magic
    Posted: 23 Apr 2011 at 6:12pm

Hi all,

I just thought I would share some lure magic created by Tom from Gidgee Lures.

I approached him a couple of months ago to see if he could put together some trophy’s for a fishing Tournament we hold each year.  After a few years of being Tournament director and all I could find was crap made in china and nothing what so ever relating to our Aussy culture I went looking for something better.  And I reckon Tom has come up trumps with his creation.

My Photos do not do these works of art justice and it’s not until you have this in your hand and see the beautiful Cedar with its grain and colours that it is appreciated.   So over a couple of Emails and text messages I received delivery of this awesome Trophy’s.  

The bases are made from some very dark and rustic Cedar that Tom tells me was not very good for the carving of the lures, but when you put the two together of Dark Base and the lighter Cedar which the lures are made of.......Well Thanks Tom for your effort and I reckon Nat should get a Thank you also.

Cheers Tony

hazmail View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Rayna Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hazmail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2011 at 6:23pm
Yes Tony, beautiful things, lures anyone would love to stash in the cabinet.
Pete
Lofty View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Esoteric Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lofty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2011 at 6:51pm
Tom beautiful timber and beautiful work,master craftsman. Lofty
Esoteric lures "For The Select Few"
Jeff View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2011 at 7:15pm
WOW ,, with these engraved bibs , these Lures were never meant to swim ,,, but may I ask, :   Do they SWIM "  Wink
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2011 at 7:52pm
A great idea, Tony, to ask Tom to produce the trophies.

Absolute stunning work from Tom.  Well done, mate.

Must be something in the water, at Tenterfield!   Ermm   Actually, the locals will tell you there are some very big things in the water, at Tenterfield! Hug

Great work and a very fitting collection of trophies. Thumbs Up

Cheers

Travers
RAVA View Drop Down
Industry Member
Industry Member
AkLures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAVA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2011 at 8:37pm
Awesome work ClapClapClapClap
Fish hate me!!!

Cheers Gary
Bigriver View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Kneller Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2011 at 8:40pm
They look superb Tom, well done mate.
Glennh View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glennh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2011 at 8:41pm

Nice work!!

So whens the comp?
ropes.basstard View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Asian Lures Guide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ropes.basstard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2011 at 8:48pm
How good do they look! Brilliant. Wonderful lures.
Hi I'm Ropes and I'm addicted to fishing lures.
Craig View Drop Down

Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2011 at 9:31pm
These are stunning, might have give Tom a call.
Tagged and released
Stephen Booth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephen Booth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2011 at 10:51am
Comp is the ABA Classic on Clarrie Hall and, apart from the rain, I am soooo looking forward to catching nothing but at least catching up with a few people and seeing those wonderful trophies!

Tom, as always, special!
Painted sticks with hooks sure, but they are oh soooo nice!
Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2011 at 10:53am
Very nice Tony, great work Tom Clap

Cheers, Tony

For the love of Fishing Lures.
the duke View Drop Down
Industry Member
Industry Member

Gidgee Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2011 at 10:33am
Originally posted by Jeff Jeff wrote:

WOW ,, with these engraved bibs , these Lures were never meant to swim ,,, but may I ask, :   Do they SWIM "  Wink
Mate, the lures do swim they are the Wilbarra Chunky that are one of our big Cod lures, not sure though if these will ever see water.

Cheers
Tom
the duke View Drop Down
Industry Member
Industry Member

Gidgee Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2011 at 10:59am

Thought I would put up a few individual photos of the Trophies that Tony ordered for the Bass Classic, they were very difficult to photograph as the amount of clear coat on them does not agree with the camera anyway the 2 posted are the best of a bad bunch.

The larger lure is the Wilbarra Chunky and the smaller lure is the Wilbarra Fatty.

I would like to thank Tony for asking us to produce the trophies for the event, I really enjoyed puting them together and yes for anyone interested they were all hand carved and are swimable if the new owners wish to do so.

I Hope the lucky winners were grinnersBig smileBig smileBig smile

Sorry for the late reply but finally have had 2 weekends of fishing and no computers and caught some fish as wellBig smileSmileSmileBig smile

Cheers
Tom & Nat

Wilbarra Chunky

Wilbarra Fatty

MXB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MXB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2011 at 12:38pm
Tom . . . the winners should be very proud of them.
Best trophies ever and great idea.

MXB
Stephen Booth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephen Booth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2011 at 3:52pm
Worst part is my NSW editor won one and now he plans to bring it up to work every production week and just sit it on his desk so I can look at itBooHoo.

In the flesh these were really nice and I have to say the clear coats worked a treat as anxious and nervous hands managed to drop a few of these onto the ground. No ill effects from what I saw after I picked my jaw up off the ground.

SB
Painted sticks with hooks sure, but they are oh soooo nice!
Aussbasstony View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussbasstony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2011 at 7:05pm
Mr Tom Gidgee,

The lures and stand were awesome mate and everyone loved them Thumbs Up It's great to get a handmade lure maker onboard and add that something special about the trophy.

But buggered if I know but that lure with the Timber flaw has gone missing Confused

Thanks mate and they are very special. 

Regards Tony  and The Australian Bass Assoc. Clap
manny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2011 at 11:07pm
They look fantastic. I love the way they've been set with the bibs in the timber frame.ClapClapClap
Manny
CircleVbaits View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
CircleVbait Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CircleVbaits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2011 at 10:18am
What will you Aussies think of next???????
Beautiful!!!!!!Thumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs Up
Baitman
doccod View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
B.J.'s Spinnerbaits

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doccod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2011 at 1:05pm
Wink Just bloody awesome work and definitely a acheivement on toms behalf. Its good to hear Mr Zann was a deserving winner as wellLOLLOLLOLLOL a great report all round! Good oneClapClapClap.....B.J.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic