LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > NSW Lures > Knols
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Writing on the Belly

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Craig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Writing on the Belly
    Posted: 11 Dec 2009 at 1:05pm
Two types of writing on the belly, and there some without writing but I'am unable to find at the moment. I'm not sure the ones without writing are older, might have been a factory error.  But the large K's are the newer ones. If anyone has a number 3 Black with the smaller writing I'd like to see a picture please., as it's normally white.

Tagged and released
Oldman View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide

Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2009 at 5:01pm
Graig
The lures with no writing are the first.
Dont know about the small writing but the large writing  is imported.
Laurie.
laz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote laz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2010 at 7:16pm
Craig here is my Knols without writing
phil.n View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote phil.n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2010 at 7:02pm
th lures with writing on them are manufactured over seas the plain ones where hand painted by john knolls it was a pleasure to watch him creat those beutiful lures,wish he was still at it
Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2010 at 7:53pm
Hi Phil, and welcome to LureLovers Smile

It must have been great to watch John makeing lures, his lures are still in many many tackle boxes and have accounted for plenty of nice fish, not to mention a great looking lure to have in a collection! I too wish John still made lures.

I hope you enjoy it here, and look forwards to chatting with you.

Cheers, Tony

For the love of Fishing Lures.
phil.n View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil.n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2010 at 8:11pm
thanks tony most of the patterns on the lures are the result of air brushing threw the pattens of old pieces of curtain material stretched over a frame.i actually have a dozen of the 25mm natives that diddnt make it into production following johns accident,have them in deep diving and shallow
nativecomebackjk View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nativecomebackjk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2016 at 1:38pm
Hi tony is it possible to contact me regarding knols lures yep u read it right knols lures thanks garry
Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2016 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by nativecomebackjk nativecomebackjk wrote:

Hi tony is it possible to contact me regarding knols lures yep u read it right knols lures thanks garry

Hi Garry

Just replied to your email Thumbs Up
Cheers, Tony

For the love of Fishing Lures.
nativecomebackjk View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nativecomebackjk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2016 at 2:15pm
Thank you tony its a honour cheers mate
Kimo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 10:41pm
I have been looking back through the posts on Knols Lures and shit If I was not confused before I started I defiantly am now.
I have a few with both lots of different branding on the belly.
I also have a few with no branding on the belly.
I am reading if I understand it right that the ones with no branding were earlier models.
Should the earlier ones be timber or molded?
I have looked through as many of the pictures of these I have come across and have not been able to match the paintwork of my unpainted to any of the pictures I have looked at, But there dose appear to be variants in the paint work of those made either some where overseas or at a different time of their production.
Can some one please identify the pictures I will put up and maybe an approximate time and where in the production these occurred.There appears to be a mold mark along the belly of the ones pictured some are fainter than others
Thanks Kimo

reel deal View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reel deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2019 at 2:27pm
As far as I am aware the knols were originally static welded and the belly seam was ugly , so they put a small block font sticker to help cover.

Then they used a larger script writing style as per 3rd photo..

Helps with the time line in production

wadey

www.reeldealfishing.com.au
Kimo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2019 at 7:13pm
Thanks Wadey
I have some of all of the above that you have displayed, I just haven`t been able to find anything with the paint pattens displayed on the belly of the pictures I put up.
I was concerned that they may be copies?
If they are they are well done.
Of topic Nice pice of country you are in over there used to fish the Marlin of the Banks there often in Febuary .
Cheers Kimo
reel deal View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reel deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2019 at 10:25pm
Ahhh Sir John Young Banks

Mecca for game fishing still today.. 

Years back I tried to catch a big kingie there but ended up with 88kg black billie.. haha

cheers

www.reeldealfishing.com.au
Andy (knols) View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy (knols) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2020 at 7:53pm
interested in selling a few mate 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic