Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > QLD Lures > Fysshe Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fyshee Lures

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Oogs Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oog663 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fyshee Lures
    Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 4:33pm
Hi Fellow Lure Nuts,
A couple of Ian Salmons Lures made in Ipswich, until  earlier this year,now based in Taylors Beach North Qld. 
Cheers Steve
steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2012 at 4:04pm
Nice lures those especially the black n green at the top.
cheers steiny
steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2012 at 10:25pm
Hi Steve/ Ian

In the third pic down...what model are the 4 little guys on the Right, with the shallow bibs?
cheers steiny
Fysshe Salmon View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Fysshe Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fysshe Salmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2012 at 12:19am
Darren, they are my old Kholo models. We used them for Bass, walking the banks of the Brissie river early 90's. Steve probably got my last batch.
Changed shape a little to streamline them and are now the 50mm Calliope.
The deeper version was the Currumbin model we used trolling for Flathead in the Gold Coast canals. Also no longer being made.
Fysshe
oog663 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Oogs Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oog663 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2012 at 4:43pm
I was looking through an old tackle box today, and found a couple of Slugs that I'm sure were made by Ian.
These were used in the bay chasing Tuna in the day - also one of my old go to Flathead Lures.

Cheers Steve

LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Fysshe Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fysshe Salmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2012 at 5:03pm
G'day Steve. Ah! The good old hand beaten lead Tuna slugs. And the old "Chunderstick" lure. Eddy Watson sent me an email last week wanting a warranty job on his 20yr old one that a Flathead broke the bib off! Shocked
Fysshe
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Fysshe Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fysshe Salmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2012 at 1:32am
The old slugs have been upgraded. Will have to dig out the moulds and make a few more!
Fysshe
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2012 at 6:53am
What weight and size is these molded slugs made in.
Per
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
EVEN CUSTOM DOGS LIKE THEM
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Fysshe Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fysshe Salmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2012 at 11:03am
Don't know the weights Per, but I think the sizes are 50, 60, and 70mm. Can't find the moulds yet, have ferreted them away after moving house! IAN
Fysshe
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2012 at 4:28pm
Thanks Ian
As thy are fore Tuna i thought thy would be bigger. That is the kind of Slugs we use to get Sea-Trout on the coast here. Even some fairly bigger than that. If any would be interested in seing, i can take some Pict. of some Slugs i use. Also have a lot of models to make Cilicone molds after
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Fysshe Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fysshe Salmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2012 at 4:37pm
Only small slugs! The Tuna can be very selctive when they are feeding on baitfish. It's a matter of "matching the hatch" so to speak. It's a different story when deep water jigging where we use a lot bigger lures! Big Irons were popular in the late 70's for Kingfish and now the big Knife jigs are deadly on big Trevally. IAN { More info available in the metal lure section. Just read a couple on the "IRONS" by Trevron. They had very cheery names such as: Henchman, Assassin and Undertaker! Dead Developed by ex-pat American Joe Gausephol}
Fysshe
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2012 at 5:12pm
Yes if you have a selective Fish, the Lure must be spot on. How big Tuna can you get from the Shore
Will try look over the metal Lure section Thumbs Up
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2012 at 7:42pm
Per, Tuna are only rarely caught from the shore here, sometimes by guys spinning off rocky headlands that jut off the coast line. Ian's slugs would be more suited to chasing the Northern Bluefin Tuna in Moreton Bay near Brisbane (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moreton_Bay), a popular spot for Tuna spinning on light tackle...here's some footage I found....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVt5IfFil6k
This is done from small dinghy's by a band of diehard tuna nuts every year when the season heats up. Crazy fun, and damn frustrating locating a school and keeping touch with them...

Brad
"If you are going to have fun with your rod.. get some wood

oog663 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Oogs Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oog663 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 6:08pm
Here are a few more of Ian's Lures I added to my collection. 
Cheers Steve

Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 6:16pm
no no i fish!!!! yeah rightLOL.....they are a great lot of lures oog.....thanks for showing....lots of styles very cool
Jas
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
Lure-Nut View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Tonk Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lure-Nut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 6:58pm
Unabashed fan here as well .... simply love fishing these lures and have challenged Ian for some slightly different models that I can't wait to see Tongue

Cheers

Rob
Tonk Lures
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Fysshe Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fysshe Salmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 11:06pm
Geez Rob! More designs? Having trouble keeping it under 50.... And I had to whittle that number down for Steves' collection. Must be another 50 models that I've forgotten about! I think the rats ate a lot of my templates as they were only made from cardboard and stored in the old shed. And then there are the variants on some models. Some clients will ask for a deeper model or a bib made from a different material. There can be up to a dozen variants of one lure! Most current models are on the website but I may start making a few of my Cod lures as there has been a bit of interest lately. A few old lures have been coming home to roost lately or been posted on the site and certainly tests the old memory banks!
Thanks Steve for posting your collection and I guess you got a little surprise with the little Silky Oak Frogge!!! 
Fysshe
SNAFU View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
RIPP-N LURES

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNAFU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2013 at 3:33am
Nice lot of Ian's lures you have there Steve...Great silky frog..Thumbs Up

Mick!!!
Red Hunter View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Red Hunter Fishing Rods

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2013 at 6:34am
Very nice , great range of lures . Thumbs Up
Darkside Slayer and Zombie hunter.
oog663 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Oogs Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oog663 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2013 at 10:16am
Love the Silky Frogge Ian, Thankyou Clap

Nicho some things in life are just to nice to lose, Wink

Steve
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2013 at 11:51am
a great collection of Fysshe's lures and that Frogge is just plain Art,very nice indeed,what size are your slug molds Ian?,ive got the small sized one here if you cant find yours ,i'd trade it for a couple of your lures if your interestedWink
steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2013 at 12:27pm
Nice collection Steve! I saw some of those being made last year. You are lucky to get that 'frogge' on the stand. It is a beauty!

Thanks for posting them up, they all look at home together.
cheers steiny
Davent View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2013 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by p.j. p.j. wrote:

Yes if you have a selective Fish, the Lure must be spot on. How big Tuna can you get from the Shore
Will try look over the metal Lure section Thumbs Up
Longtail tuna are pretty common for land based fishermen, and 15_20kg is about the average size that land based gamefishermen catch.
Ellowfin tuna usd to be quite common for land based game fishermen during the 1970,s and 80,s but are now extremley uncommon from the shore, my best is 40kg on 10kg line, but I have seen Yellowfin to 90kg landed from the shore.
Google sportfish extreme and have a look at the gallery there,some impressive fish!
Cheers dave.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic