Forum Home Forum Home > Fishing > Fishing Reports
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

In my Backyard #2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
MD Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdlures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2012 at 6:42am
Jas, your a lucky bugger, your in some prime country there Thumbs Up good report with great pics, NICE fish & to top it off - on LL members lures Clap doesn't get any better...

cheers
Mark
MDlures
traditional hand carved fishing lures
tooch View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Twitchy Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tooch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2012 at 10:48am
Well Done Jas, Nice bass on the jointed walker...ClapClapClapClap
my favourite colour too...SmileSmileSmile...Pete.
I'd rather be fishing with

NB96 View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NB96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2012 at 11:56am
Great stuff Jas, love the cod and some stonker Bass...... I am still finding it hard to find Bass....
ando 1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ando 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2012 at 5:02pm
Thanks for the write up jas, i'm honoured one of my lures were a part of such an awesome story ,great to see the young fella get amongst the action too...
Squiddly Diddly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Squiddly Diddly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2012 at 8:36pm
Thanks for using one of my lures guys. There is one of them down in Yabba Creek , got dusted by one of the locals. Great catch Jack. Hope to catch up soon.    Danny.
hazmail View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Rayna Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hazmail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2012 at 10:22pm
Originally posted by Jeff Jeff wrote:

Excellent stuff Nicho  Big smile  I get great enjoyment seeing one of my lures catch someone else a fish . 

Me too Jeff, I will have to make one in the "Cow S--t" pattern LOL.
Great read Jas.
Pete
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2012 at 1:37pm
Well with a bit of recent good news, and a window of oportunity, i made a quick decision to head of onto the river on saturday arvo and just kick back and relax..... camp overnight and fish sunday.......I had a mate that was going to meet me here the next day, and continue fishing downstream sunday.
I threw my box of lures that members had made in the yak and set off.
Spent late saturday arvo heading down river to find a decent camp before dark.....after an hrs paddling I found a nice sandbank on a sharp bend, and pulled up camp for the night.

After gathering firewood and setting up camp I sat back and enjoyed a few bourbons....the song from george thorogood kept coming to mind as I sipped my drink by the fire........I DRINK ALONE.......

About an hr after dark, and half a dozen bourbons later, the boofs could be heard in all directions, from bass hitting the surface......
I convinced myself that I should be out there, so I got my yak ready, but before I pushed it in the water I decided to have one cast from the bank.............my wobbley boot and the warmth from the fire helping me with this decision.Smile

I put one of my AQUAMOUSE surface paddlers on, first cast, and before id clicked the bail arm over, my rod was bent!!!!!!! holy crap!!! after a decent fight I had a 50cm fat bass on the shore......

I got a few more on Aquamouse......smallest being 42cm, then swapped over to a couple of other members lures.........First up was P.Js BANANA lure all the way from Denmark....this lure had only been in the country for 4 days....after 5 casts it had 3 nice bass from 42cm...... biggest being 47cmClap well done P.J

Next up was a   DIVER FROM MD LURES,since the bass were feeding on the surface it took a bit of time to get their interest, but the couple that did take it wanted it........both were just over 45cm.Clapwell done mark.
I have just made a new lure which is a paddler.....tiny 30mm long....ive called HERMAN......the prototype got absolutely monstered by a few big bass up to 50cm.....so I was happy with that!!!!

All these fish were caught off the bank standing next to my fire, and close to the bourbon......gotta be even more happy with that!!!!

BASS ON P.Js BANANA LURE
BASS ON P.Js BANANA LURE

BASS ON AQUAMOUSE
BASS ON P.Js BANANA LURE
Bass on Aquamouse.

BASS ON NEW HERMAN LURE

AND THEY KEPT COMING

BASS ON MD LURE
BASS 2 ON MD LURE.........ANY FURTHER IN, AND ID OF HAD TO EXTRACT IT FROM ITS REAR END
Once all went quite I hopped in my yak and paddled upstream for an hr, but they had shut down, only got  2 bass on  surface using Aquamouse.

After a great surface session with over a dozen big bass, it was time to kick back at camp and take it all in.

Sunday was very slow....they had shut down...jeff arrived at camp by 8.30 and we headed downstream...after 100s of casts......only a few big bass were caught.......A COUPLE OF COD AND A NICE YELLA....... A lure made by Another member TINCAN.....came up trumps with a nice big bass of 48cm.Clap

Cod caught on one of my BASSF#KA LURES

things were quiet so out came old PSYCHO lure to see if it could locate anything.......3rd cast nice bass, I keep meaning to retire this lure before I lose it, but I cant help myself......its a go to lure.
I caught a glimpse of MOBY LURE,peering at me from the bottom of my tackle box, and dragged him out kicking and screaming.....after some harrowing experiences with big bass, he has taken to hiding deep in the tacklebox hoping to go un noticed........it wasnt long before he was thrown overboard, and as usual he managed to drag a couple of big bass back to the yak.

A nice bass on a lure made by member TINCANClap
BASS CAUGHT ON AN OLD LURE I MADE...THE GUYRA SLUG

Things went quite again, so i threw old PSYCHO lure back on for another run, and he soon came up trumps with a nice YELLA

Hard to beat a couple of days like that........and happy to be getting a few fish on Members lures...well done  and thanks guys.
Jas

Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
Red Hunter View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Red Hunter Fishing Rods

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2012 at 1:52pm
Excellent report Jas , looks like a great weekend , Thumbs Up
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2012 at 2:20pm
mate thats a trip to rememberThumbs Up,trips like that make up for all the wet fishless ones aye?!Wink
mdlures View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
MD Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdlures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2012 at 2:23pm
The bass master strikes again ! Top stuff Jas Clap

cheers
Mark
MDlures
traditional hand carved fishing lures
Ducks View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2012 at 3:35pm
Love the shape on the Moby! 
I can see how it would be hard to swim it if it keeps fluttering those little eyelashes at you.
Jeff View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2012 at 3:45pm
You lucky bugger Jas !  Looks like an excellent place to be mate , well done on the fish Big smile
I like pretty painted sticks
Screamingreel View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2012 at 4:48pm
Great report and interesting pics thanks Jas
oog663 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Oogs Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oog663 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2012 at 5:41pm
Nice report Jas, great trip ClapClap
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2012 at 8:11pm

THAT´S WHAT I CALL LIVING JAS Thumbs Up

Glad i cud be a tiny part of it, true my Banana Lures.
It is great you give Lures from other members a go mate ClapClapClap 
Good report, and Pict. Keep them coming Jas
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
EVEN CUSTOM DOGS LIKE THEM
SNAFU View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
RIPP-N LURES

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNAFU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2012 at 8:16am
Great report Jas...good quality hand made lures all doing there job catching excellent fish,good job boys....nice lil camping spot to mate....thats what it's all about ay.....

Mick!!!
tooch View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Twitchy Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tooch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2012 at 2:22pm
MMMMMMMM bundy and ginger beer...NOICE...OhYeah....Pete.
I'd rather be fishing with

Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2012 at 3:03pm
thanks guys, was great to get out....the night session from the bank at camp was memorable......id say the best surface session ive ever had...with over a dozen bass in as many casts..and all fish were big and fat....planning the next trip now.

and thanks to those members that made the great lures.

P.j.......I reckon the guys that make the lures deserve to see them fished........Im in no competition with anyone....so happy to give them a runWink I know I appreciate the feedback from others when they get a fish one one of my lures.....makes the making of a lure worthwhile.

Ducks.....Moby lure is a great shape......and goes well......he makes me smile everytime i look at him.

thanks for looking
Jas

steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 11:45pm
Hi Jas...wow, you have been a busy boy. Good to see you out with Jack, and he is loving it too. He will never forget these times with the old man.

I love those big Cod...what a buzz in the yak. Well done and thanks for the write up. Some really great pics too.

cheers mate
cheers steiny
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2012 at 5:58pm
Hi steiny,
bass season starts this weekend, so if your keen ive got 2 yaks mate,
and happy to take you out for a trip anytime this summer...cant gaurantee fish(thats fishing!), but i think we might get somethingWink........and the bycatch can be interesting at times.....from cod/yella/silvers/saratoga and more
cheers Jas

CircleVbaits View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
CircleVbait Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CircleVbaits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2012 at 11:34am
Great pictures Jason, very healthy looking fish. I'm sure you had a great trip.
Verlon
Baitman
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2012 at 9:30pm
Arrived home this arvo to find a nice package in the mail from tincan.......I also recieved a couple of nice lures a couple of weeks ago from mcleod.......both members on this site.... these guys make a great lure, both totally different styles, but both make them not only to look pretty, but to be very fishable.Clap
I headed out for an hr or so, and although with a nice storm approaching, the fish were not as active as Id of thought.
But friday arvos, in the yak, with a beer and a few bass is hard to beat!.......Thanks tincan and mcleod, its not as good as going for a fish with you guys, but using your lures, and getting a fish is as close as it gets..
Jas

35cm BASS ON TINCANS LURE.......CAUGHT LESS THAN AN HR AFTER I RECIEVED IT IN THE MAIL...CHEERS PETEThumbs Up...

BASS CAUGHT ON MCLEODS LURE.....................thanks AngusClap...this was a nice bass of just over 45cm
THANKS GUYS.......
JAS

Tincan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tincan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2012 at 9:38pm
Top job Jas I'm stoked you caught one off mine and stoked for Angus as well, well done again.

Cheers
Tincan
You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.
CircleVbaits View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
CircleVbait Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CircleVbaits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2012 at 2:34am
Great looking lures and good job on the catch Jason. I believe you could catch a fish in a water bucket with the right lure!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Verlon
Baitman
SNAFU View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
RIPP-N LURES

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNAFU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2012 at 7:57am
Top job boys all round...good stuff Clap

Mick!!!
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2012 at 8:11am
Damned Jas i would like to have your backyard right here mate.
Great lures and great Fish, way to go ClapClapClap
Verlon is right about catching Fish in a bucket.
Think i will rename you from "Jas man" to "Bass man"WinkLOL
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
EVEN CUSTOM DOGS LIKE THEM
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2012 at 9:08pm
thanks guys.....
headed out for another quick look around, we are 300 ks from the saltwater, so the first part of the bass season is pretty much trying to locate where the fish are in better numbers, it changes as the season goes......Another bassnbeer arvo......just a quick look but a couple of nice bass....caught on the old faithful lure....Psycho
thanks for looking.
Jas
This one caught on one of my FATBASS lures with internal rattle.

Mcleod View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Macquarie Customs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mcleod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2012 at 11:48pm
Jas,

nice work. that is some good bass indeed and like Tincan am chuffed that you caught one on my lure. Always great to see that feedback.

Angus
rodsncods View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodsncods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2018 at 4:02pm
c'mon jas, you havn't put a post up here for years, get ya arse into gear get fishin . young jack must have got his looks from his mother heyLOLLOL.......mick
BEER IS PROOF THAT GOD LOVES US AND WANTS US TO BE HAPPY!!!
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 7:30pm
True mick, life got a bit lost for a while, but im getting closer to normality by the day. Will add pics soon.
sure is some good times looking back through that lot.
thanks

rodsncods View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodsncods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 6:32am
all good jas, you got to do what you got to do......mick
BEER IS PROOF THAT GOD LOVES US AND WANTS US TO BE HAPPY!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
  Share Topic