Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > QLD Lures > Peter Munt
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Old Munts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainCranky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Old Munts
    Posted: 18 Oct 2011 at 9:05am
I will get to taking individual pics soon but here is a mess of Munts being held up by the Maker himself.Plus one Jap Heddon copy I see and a C Lure Cigar Minnow.

The Journey is the Reward

Seaweed View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
née Capt.Seaweed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seaweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2011 at 10:45am
Will be interested to see these, as I've a lure that's an unknown at present, but going by the paint I'm fairly certain is a Peter Munt, thanks for showing.
Regards, Tony.
"Always Merry and Bright"
Seaweed View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
née Capt.Seaweed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seaweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2011 at 10:48am
CaptainCranky View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainCranky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2011 at 12:39pm
Tony I think you have a Munt.Well Done.Peter gave me one just like that yesterday.

reelsandlures63 View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reelsandlures63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2011 at 5:06pm
damb there are a lot of nice lures in that lot it will be good to see them all untangled
Seaweed View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
née Capt.Seaweed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seaweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2011 at 10:40am
Barry, Peter Fooks sold these as MM lures in the late 80's out of the LureShop in Cooktown. I was told the MM stood for Moller Minnow, don't know the relationship there? Thanks for the ID, was fairly sure, one less unknown now.
Regards, Tony.
CaptainCranky View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainCranky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2011 at 10:59am
Moller Minnow is what Peter called some of his lures.He Moved to Cardwell in 1979 and was very good friends with Eric.He spent a lot of time with Eric and tried to copy Eric's shapes down to a tee because he said he saw no reason to change something that worked really well.As Eric's health deteriorated Peter spent more and more time helping him finish some of his orders.Peter also had an association with Attack lures.This info was gathered from Peter while he was staying with me a few days ago.There are also some other lures Peter said he made that I thought were another maker.That info will come out soon.

Seaweed View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
née Capt.Seaweed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seaweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2011 at 9:54pm
Thanks for the update Cranky, great to hear about the connection with Eric. I'm trying to get Bruce Moller involved here, slowly, slowly, all good things come to those who wait.
Regards, Tony.
Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2011 at 10:36pm
You've done it again Captain! Smile

Great to have a face to put to the name for Peter, thanks Barry.

And what a nice looking tangle of lures that is!

Cheers, Tony

For the love of Fishing Lures.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic