LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Books and Publications > Usefull publications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Background History Cobbra Wobblers, Tasmanian devi

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Background History Cobbra Wobblers, Tasmanian devi
    Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 12:21pm
Purchased some fishing books at the market at the weekend and came across this interesting article on Tasmania Fishing Lure Manufactures by the men who designed and made them.

Located  articles 50 edition Autumn 2000 Freshwater Fishing Australia, Answers quite a few interesting questions

Somebody may have some" Candles Gliders which used the Cadbury's foil wrapping around the slug
Unfortunately the paper is now unavailable and Kevin has retired, his lures are real collector's items"

Enjoy

Regards John

Screamingreel View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2011 at 8:08am
A bump for p.j.
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2011 at 5:52pm
Tony ,has added the front two coloured pages I omitted which shows the very early Cobra lure
Thanks mate

regards John
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2016 at 8:42am
This is a great read for more recent members that have joined after it was recorded.

Back ground History of the Cobra Wobblers.

Just a side note Lofty Lures plant and equipment appears to be up for sale on the 23 Sept.

Regards John
MadDogLures View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Mad Dog Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadDogLures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2016 at 8:28pm
Thanks for posting John, Its a good read ,very good lures and love the history about the company.

Cheers,
Dave
Life is fishing!
JKR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2016 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by Screamingreel Screamingreel wrote:

Somebody may have some" Candles Gliders which used the Cadbury's foil wrapping around the slug
Unfortunately the paper is now unavailable and Kevin has retired, his lures are real collector's items"

I have one in my tackle box, John.

My father and his mates used to buy them at JetFly (Noel Jetson's shop) in Cressy, and troll them around Arthur's Lake and Great Lake in Tassie. They were the go-to lure, for sure. Some had frog spots painted on the outside of the plastic, and others were 'plain' relying just on the chocolate wrapper.

Mine has the frog pattern.
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 4:27am
Originally posted by Screamingreel Screamingreel wrote:

A bump for p.j.

I have seen it, and been reading it a couple off times John. 
Very interesting fore me thanks Smile
You all have a great day 
             Per
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
EVEN CUSTOM DOGS LIKE THEM
JKR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 10:17pm
Here's my Candles Glider in the Cadbury wrapper.

I still give it a run occasionally. Caught a cracking big rainbow in Collingwood on it a couple of years ago. Then I put it away again
jaybonnie View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybonnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2016 at 2:11am
These style lures were the first lures i ever fished with in Googong dam for troutThumbs Up
THE CODFATHER
MadDogLures View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Mad Dog Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadDogLures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2016 at 7:42am
They are great lures , love the wrap on them and I still remember buying them.
We use them for Redfin , to clean out a farmers dam and caught heaps.Clap

Are they out there to buy now days ?

Cheers
Dave
Life is fishing!
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2016 at 8:51am
They were extremely popular, no doubt a few are  still in tackle boxes down in Tassie.

Regards  John

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic