LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Lure Making > Make your own Fishing Lures > Lure Making Articles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Janns Netcraft - USA

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PatB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Janns Netcraft - USA
    Posted: 01 Jan 2012 at 1:15pm
Wondering whether anyone buys gear through Janns Netcraft in the USA ? I was tossing up an idea to make a spinnerbait style fly on another forum and someone put me onto their website after which I spent too much time looking thinking UUMMM I could use a few of those - and those and........ you know how it goesLOL. I ended up pulling apart an old Celta and knocking up this but I think due to the way the blade is fixed it will only rotate on the drop not the strip. So a retrieve with a floater line - strip pause,strip pause should get it revolving on each pause but I would prefer it to spin rather than revolve and have seen what I need on their site. Anyone know of elsewhere that I can get these bits. Cheers Pat
Fool to the bream
PatB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PatB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2012 at 1:20pm
Just saw the heading for metal lures - SORRYEmbarrassed
Fool to the bream
wrapper View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Wrapper Baits

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wrapper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2012 at 2:04pm
Pat , how would you go if turned the blade around ,put a small swivel on top loop in wire and a small willow blade on it?? or just attach the blade your got to a swivel ?
      cheers wrapper
Jeff View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2012 at 2:09pm
I have bought gear from them , but geez the postage is expensive .

I like pretty painted sticks
PatB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PatB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2012 at 2:18pm
Jeff that was a point I looked at first the amount I'd want to buy  the postage would probably be more than the merch. ### Wrapper I've been looking at it on and off today and the same thought came to mind. As the wire post was a preform from a Celta on this model I would have to put a split ring first then a swivel/snap combo or swivel/ split ring combo. Always the way but it is just a prototype using what was laying around so a work in progress I guess thanks for the feedback guys. Cheers Pat.
Fool to the bream
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2012 at 9:36pm
Would the blade in that position hamper the hook up - it seems to be covering the hook point? Martin
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
PatB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PatB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2012 at 8:39am
The blade is only being held there with sticky tape out of the way while I formed the epoxy head. It is very free moving so shouldn't have a problem being pushed out of the way if it happens to be in that position when a fish hits but as it drops the blade will be above the hook area. A work in progress so any feedback will help mould it's development so thanks for your input. I've got some small Colorado blades with swivels attached being sent to me from a fly fisher on another forum so it will get a bit more refined. I want a fly that incorporates fibres as well as silicone skirt as one fourum member suggested you may as well just use a spinnerbait - I half expected this on a fly site but there's alot of difference fighting a fish on fly gear than spin especially in snaggy tight quarters. Cheers Pat.
Fool to the bream
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2012 at 5:00pm
Be good to see the finished product and what it catches. Good that you are workingyour creative juicesThumbs Up. Martin
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2012 at 8:27pm
Originally posted by wrapper wrapper wrote:

Pat , how would you go if turned the blade around ,put a small swivel on top loop in wire and a small willow blade on it?? or just attach the blade your got to a swivel ?
      cheers wrapper
would that be like a beetlespin Neil?,i recon that would work
PatB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PatB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 3:08pm
Still evolving......
Fool to the bream
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 4:03pm
nice work pat.
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
PatB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PatB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 4:14pm
Cheers Jas I'm hoping to get back down to the Brissie river and get one of those thumpers on fly next timeTongue
Fool to the bream
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic