LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > International Lures > European Fishing Lures > French Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mitchell Spinner

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Smick Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalbykayakin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mitchell Spinner
    Posted: 29 Jan 2012 at 6:56pm
I got a mitchell spinner today and know nothing about it
doccod View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
B.J.'s Spinnerbaits

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doccod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2012 at 12:18pm
WinkOk i can tell a little bit more as I too have exact spinner in mint condition. From what i've been told this model spinner WAS the BEST inline spinner ever made for trout. It came out in a clear moulded storage box with the lid sliding the full length of the box. box was shaped also for the blade configuration and blades colour was red/silver. thats all I know......B.J.
goldenfox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldenfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2012 at 8:30am
Here are some clearer pictures in different weights/sizes.

Notice the similarity between the Mitchell and the possibly earlier Rivlac lure!

I hope this is of some help to you.

TIGHTLINES!!

Tightest of lines to you!
MXB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MXB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2012 at 10:47am
Great lures . . . I have a few somewhere in the little flat plastic packaging.
There are a quite a few different colours too

MXB
Screamingreel View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2012 at 12:41pm
Would they be 50's era or perhaps even earlier.
regards John
goldenfox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldenfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2012 at 8:53pm
Hi John
Yes, I would say thereabouts. I still have a Rivlac in it's packet and the print style suggest maybe late 40's to 50's. I'll root it out and take a pic.
Tightest of lines to you!
Screamingreel View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2012 at 8:08am
Those earlier lures seem to have more work put into them, and perhaps better quality materials being used as well.

regards John
MXB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MXB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2012 at 10:39am
Better quality materials for sure . . .

MXB
trevron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trevron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2012 at 9:00pm
The first photo by Dalby Kayaking is the same as the Mitchell spinner we use to use in the early 70's. Mitchell also made the famous Celta's. Both marketed in Aus by the Mitchell reel importer Stewart & Allwood in Sydney. While obviously a freshwater lure, we used to use them off the beach at Inskip Point, the jumpoff for Fraser Island. Would you believe School Mackeral used to love them. In the days before blister packaging, they came in 12 to a box. All lined up in cardboard slots.
Trev 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic