LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > NSW Lures > Porkys
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Porkys

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Porkys
    Posted: 09 Jan 2010 at 8:26pm
Seeing nobody's put one up i will .
CaptainCranky View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainCranky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2010 at 9:55pm
There is quite a lot of weirdo in that lure,but all the same unique
The Journey is the Reward

the duke View Drop Down
Industry Member
Industry Member

Gidgee Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2010 at 8:31pm
Mate thought I would show you the 2 Porky's that I have, the first is a plastic surface paddler that I brought a few years ago but never got around to using it and the second yellow one is a timber one that a mate gave me as he didn't like the ulgy thingBig smileBig smile. Enjoy
Cheers Tom
CaptainCranky View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainCranky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2010 at 6:22am
Thanks Tom their great.Regards Barry
The Journey is the Reward

laz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2010 at 7:29pm

Tom first time ive seen a timber porkys Clap

bullrout22 View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bullrout22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2010 at 7:52pm
Originally posted by laz laz wrote:

Tom first time ive seen a timber porkys Clap

Laz

Here is another two timber Porky's mate

Dave Lake Macquarie N.S.W

fridge View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fridge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2010 at 2:37pm
I've got a few of those in the bottom of my box somewhere. Caught a few yellowbellies at Copeton Dam on the green one u lure and a few trout on the other (that and a green backed version). Good to see
fridge View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fridge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2010 at 2:39pm
the white and black one posted by "the duke" is a barra lure that was cast with lexen bid in, then trimmed back to allow metal bib to be screwed on. Caught a few Murray cod on those at night and a few barra at night at awoonga dam. good fun out of a conoe with the cod.
fridge View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fridge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2010 at 4:56pm
Barra lure, gold with black back
tooch View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Twitchy Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tooch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2010 at 6:11pm
HI Chris, Welcome to lurelovers it seems the barra like the porkys too mate...LOLLOLLOL...Pete.
I'd rather be fishing with

fridge View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fridge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2010 at 9:47pm
more will follow this
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 8:12pm
When i can learn how to post photos i will post up my favourite lure i made about 12 years ago,
it is very similiar in shape to the first photo and just as ugly, my idea was that the water would push up and over the dips in the back and belly, and create a up and down motion, making the bib dig in the sand or mud, and scoop like a shovel! throwing little piles of sand as it went.
The idea was to look like a small baitfish feeding through the mud/sand.
Its ugly, but I have caught almost everything on it!
Its now retired, and plans are to use him as a template, as im scared to lose him.
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
fridge View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fridge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2010 at 10:28am

Glenn was making these out of his back shed in Delungra about 23yrs ago along with the u shaped lures. The aim was to get a lure to dive deep and straight off the first pull and with as little line out the back of the boat as possible while trolling. This ability has served it well fishing deep dams like Copeton and casting at mangroves and creeks.

Little Murray Cod caught araound Texas.

Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2010 at 12:48pm
Some great looking lures in this thread, I love em!

Thanks for sharing your Porky's everyone - I haven't seen these before, another Aussie lure I need to keep an eye out for now!

p.s. Welcome to LureLovers Chris, can't wait to check out some more of your captures on Porky's - very nice! Thumbs Up

Cheers, Tony

For the love of Fishing Lures.
bullrout22 View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bullrout22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2010 at 7:04pm
Here is some more Porky's Lures some you might not of seen before

Dave Lake Macquarie N.S.W

bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2011 at 10:50pm
THESE PORKYS are cool as any one got some pics too share??????regards BOBWinkWinkTongueTongueBig smileBig smileClapClapClap
darcymenchin View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Mencho Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darcymenchin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 8:16am
Hi all.
I had a couple of these unusual lures and the undulating one was a deep diver It now resides on the bottom of Glennies creek, My uncle Jim used to help in the construction of these beaut lures .
Regards Darcy.

rodsncods View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodsncods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2019 at 3:59pm
glen now makes a deadly vibe out of different calibre bullet shells, .223, .243, .22-250, .308. the best I've done is 21 yellowbelly in an hour. you could say they go off with a bang, will post a photo when I find them.....mick
BEER IS PROOF THAT GOD LOVES US AND WANTS US TO BE HAPPY!!!
rodsncods View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodsncods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2019 at 4:03pm
BEER IS PROOF THAT GOD LOVES US AND WANTS US TO BE HAPPY!!!
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2019 at 8:30pm
You had shown me these when I last visited you. Your excitement over how they worked was telling in itself. These would catch bulk fish up here in the tropics.
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
handbrake View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handbrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 8:44pm
I will be selling them at the expo upstairs.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic