LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > SA Lures > Bee Dee
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bee Dee lures

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Callop Catcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bee Dee lures
    Posted: 02 Jan 2010 at 7:30pm

Hi guys, as this is my first post and I am from S.A I thought I had better post some locally made lures.
Recently found these in a tackle shop and was totally stoked.
lure crazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lure crazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2010 at 9:09pm
Im not sure if there still made anymore either. There were heaps around 15 years ago when I used to buy them all the time, great little redfin and trout lures.Wink
lure crazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lure crazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2010 at 7:53pm
These little guys would almost be the reason I first started making lures, used to try and imitate them with balsa when I was 13-14.
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2010 at 9:23am
HAD a pink one of these once i think????????LOLLOLLOL
doccod View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
B.J.'s Spinnerbaits

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doccod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2010 at 3:31pm
A few hints on what here with this lure company but first of all I do wonder if these lures just didn't come from me old mate on grange road Adelaide and if so a round of applause to you young fella for getting three lures off the wall in one day! Secondly the gentlman who made these lures moved to Port Lincoln in the early / mid nineties. He stopped carving them because timber was getting expensive and also ill health. The lures are cracka's as they slammed black bream and trout hands down. I used to have a little elton john one that I swapped here in Windsor many many moons ago and now only possess one 60mm Wild Thing in dark green back with black stripes over gold stomach and no bob u cannot have it . The tow eyes are very distinctive. They were once given away by S.A.Angler and so either Shane Mensforth or his 5/8th Greg Irving should still be in possession of a few! regards B.J.
Callop Catcher View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Callop Catcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2010 at 4:59pm
Yes Brian, good guess, they where bought from Grange Rd.
Late last year!!!
He also had a few old Killalures which I snapped up as well!
Good luck with your new comp. you are running later this year.
Are you doing Cobdogla again this year?
Stephen 
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2010 at 12:14am
nice little lures what are they made of ?
doccod View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
B.J.'s Spinnerbaits

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doccod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2010 at 10:32am
Wink G'day steven yes mate I'm still running Cobby this year. You only got what I left behind regarding bee dee's and ancient killalures even though I took the best colours of the killalures from that store including a very rare killalure with a paint mistake made on the handpainted eyes that were part of that genre. How is me old mate going on Grange Road say g'day to him for me will ya. Like I said to ya b4 ya done well to get 3 lures off the wall at one time! All those old Bombers there are very collectable as well! As well as those very very very early halco products. Grab yourself an original Baltic Bobber while your there to ay? That store is a walk into the past and I know for a fact that theres people on this site that would cry tears of joy to see all the old Advertising posters for tackle dating back to the early forties and fifties to the modern era. P.S. Leave some lures for me and don't tell too many people about the treasure shop ok! Regards B.J.Clap
bullrout22 View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bullrout22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2010 at 12:58pm
Stephen

Here are my two Dee-Bee lures you do not see many of these around top small lures

Dave Lake Macquarie N.S.W

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Callop Catcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2011 at 7:17am
Another one I found late last year.
A couple more on the way to me.
Cant wait
Cheers Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Callop Catcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 6:53pm
This one I bought for my Father about 15 years ago
He said I could have it back
It glows in the dark!
Cheers Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Callop Catcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2011 at 8:24pm
Another Bee-Dee
Cheers Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Callop Catcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2012 at 6:41pm
These are hard too find, but starting to get a few

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Callop Catcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2012 at 6:42pm
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2012 at 12:01am
THATS the one killer bass lure in the river casting great lureBig smileClapClapregards bob
Kimo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 8:00pm
I have had these for some time now
and these arrived today

Has any one more information on these lures other than what is in the previous posts
I will attempt to extract what info I can from Arthur on Grange road if he is still there.I believe they stopped making them in the late 90`s
Any info please
Kimo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 11:05am
Hi all
I have been trying to make contact with the maker of these lures.
I am told he works /ed for the Australian or South Australian Wheat Board and was transferred from Adelaide to Tumby Bay /Port Lincon
I have looked up several phone numbers and called and left messages but no replies as yet.
I am interested in the number of colors these were produced in.
I have some in a glow in the dark colors.
If these lures were made early or mid 90`s would this possibly be a first for Australian home made lure making to be using a glow in the dark paint or treatment on their lures ?
Thanks Kimo    
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic