LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > WA > Halco
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Halco Combat

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TTragic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Halco Combat
    Posted: 09 Feb 2010 at 12:20pm
not sure of the history of the Halco Combat.

I will ask when we are at the factory tomorrow.....I will get some pictures as wellSmile

Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2010 at 12:45pm
Very effective lures Simon, and nice examples you have there!

At the factory? Sounds like fun!

If your memory is like mine Andrew I highly recommend taking a notebook as well as the camera - better still take a voice recorder (can't read my own writing when I rush) LOL

Cheers, Tony

For the love of Fishing Lures.
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2010 at 10:48am
ONE of the best bass lure we used thew the 90s my fav is the yllow& black great fish taker top shelf...Big smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smile
the duke View Drop Down
Industry Member
Industry Member

Gidgee Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2010 at 1:26pm
A Great little LureSmile

Pick these up a while ago still in the original packets.

If anyone is interested in them I am wiling to sell or trade just send a PM. - Cheers Tom

TasV View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TasV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2010 at 11:25pm
WOW! First up hi... just found this forum Googling for Halco Combat lures. My fav. was the yellow and blackone as well. It was a sad day when it went out on duty and went MIA :( If I could find a few more of this vintage (not the current clear-bibed one) I would buy them in an instant!
dalbykayakin View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Smick Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalbykayakin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2012 at 7:31pm

I'd trade these no worries at all. might need a clean but

bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2012 at 3:22pm
LOVE the yella combats caught my 1st 2kg bass on one illnever forget thatLOLLOLClapClapClapregards bob
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2012 at 5:02pm
The Combats originally had a clear bib. Then they went to a colored bib and this changed the profile of the lure that the fish sees so they weren't as popular. Have they gone back to a clear bib?

Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2012 at 5:09pm
Martin, I only ever recall the old style Combats with painted bib.... The Bass liked then up the Brissie river and Noosa everglades, maybe the dirty water reduces the scariness.
New one has that fandangled bullet proof bib do hickey, so at least you could conceivably replace the bib if it gets buggered.

"If you are going to have fun with your rod.. get some wood

2RODS View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2RODS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2012 at 10:51pm
I have a few here... Happy to trade if anyone wants some... Bass are not a thing we see in Darwin.. Except sand bass 
Andy View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2012 at 10:24am
Andy View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2012 at 10:31am
I remember the original clear bibbed combats. They were sensational, some of my first lure success came on the orange/black model. My first of many species came on that lure. Used it until all the paint peeled off. I was devastated when they went to the coloured bib, I always thought it made the lure seem much bigger in the water. Never worked the same as the originals!!
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2012 at 5:42pm
So that would make the original clear bibbed lures, and then to a lesser extent the painted bibbed lures somewhat collectible, remembering that collectible only means if someone collects them. 
Martin-

bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 8:50pm
COME ON boys show us ya COMBATSBig smileBig smileBig smileClapClapregards bob
amdoubleu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amdoubleu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2013 at 8:08am
Gotta' find mine first??
Alan
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2013 at 8:29am
Here are some of mine. I know I got some of the original clear bibbed ones somewhere. But trying to find them is like trying to find my dangely bits after my divorceOuch

Martin-

peter am View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter am Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2013 at 6:34pm
just saw this, Great freshwater lure, Used to sell hunderds of them, Bet they still work just as well.peter
peter
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2013 at 7:04pm
WON my 1st bass comp with that yella combat in the myall river when i was wipper snapperWinkWinkLOLLOLLOLClapClapClapClapClapi dig em regards BOB
Mal Vader View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mal Vader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2013 at 7:54pm
Plenty of articles in fisho mags mentioned them.(1990s)
The Tremblers were supposed to supersede them.
DARK LORD
In Space, no-one can hear you SCREAM!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic