LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > NSW Lures > Bounty Hunter Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bounty Hunter variations

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brolly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bounty Hunter variations
    Posted: 27 May 2012 at 12:28pm
I was looking at a few of my large 120mm body Bounty Hunters recently and apart from the obvious difference between the abs plastic and the  timber ones(which have the small round tow wire and hook hangers and no slot in the bib under the tow wire) i noticed a couple of other unexplained variations in that one of the abs plastics has what appears to be a slightly shorter/shallower oval bib without the slot and one of the timber ones has what looks like originally fitted  stick on metalic eyes ??.Here's some pics. Mike(Brolly)

FISHING JUSTS GETS IN THE WAY OF MY LURE COLLECTING
CaptainCranky View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainCranky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2012 at 2:32pm
Nice lot Mike.I can't shed any light on these variations either.I have not seen one with stick on eyes.
The Journey is the Reward

Pearcey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Dave Pearce Lures and OLM Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pearcey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2012 at 3:49pm
its not easy getting a lure to swim with that eyelet and bib position with a flat bib who knows what genius lure  makers think like steve , ive never met steve but i know he is very innovative i have noticed that some of his towing eyelets are squashed down and at the end of the day its all got to do with water pressure hence the dished bibs the squashed down eyelets allow the loop knot or snap to stay in one place for the water pressure to make the lure work theres so many fine variations in all aspects of lure actions , pearcey
Brock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2012 at 4:09pm
Any chance you want to sell them?
simon bruce View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simon bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2012 at 5:07pm
Brock

whilst your enthsiasm is understandable this isn't really the point of the the post.

We don't want to deter people from posting pictures of their lures,

There is a classifieds section in which any lures for sale would and should be posted.

the fish aren't art critics
Oldman View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide

Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2012 at 6:39pm
Mike
The lure with reflective eyes is one of VERY few that Steve did for himself, for a trip to PNG.
The rounded bib is not original.
No idea about the green lure.
(info thanks to Steve Jolley)
Laurie.
Brock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2012 at 7:07pm
Simon, I fully understand your point. Sorry but just keen to get my hands on more originals
simon bruce View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simon bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2012 at 7:29pm
Brock

Cheers, see you have put up a separate post - which I have moved to the classifieds.

Good luck with the Bounty Hunters and look forward to a report about a succesful PNG trip

the fish aren't art critics
Brolly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brolly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2012 at 7:31pm
Thanks for the info Laurie,and here's a pic of the underside of these two,both abs plastic, and you can see why i was unsure as the oval bib is not  just a ground down original (as there is no slot) but appears to be a specially made and fitted bib ??  Mike(Brolly)

Seaweed View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
née Capt.Seaweed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seaweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2012 at 10:45am
Mike, have a 'confession' to make, that large red timber one I sent you for your PNG trip, has a bib that I made. When found the lure was 'bibless', this seems to be something that's happened twice to me with these lures. Lost a bib while fighting a barra on a 10cm sized Bountyhunter. Luckily, the toweye was in the lure nose on this particular lure, otherwise wouldn't have landed the fish. Wonder if anyone else has had this trouble? The lure was new, first and last barra it landed, still sitting in my boatbox Ouch.
Regards, Seaweed.
"Always Merry and Bright"
Brolly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brolly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2012 at 1:50pm
Tony,i've only just read this post in regard to you putting the oval bib in that lure(exceptional job i may add) anyway thanks for clearing that up and now i think this lure meets the requirements to be referrred to as a Hybrid seeing more than one lure maker has contributed to the making/modifying of this lure.Thumbs Up Mike(Brolly)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic