LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > NSW Lures > Powell Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mack Attack's

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mack Attack's
    Posted: 03 Jun 2012 at 1:28pm
Here are 3 'Mack Attacks' made by Travers. These are all 4 inches long. The top purple one is a newer heavy duty model (Bertha), it is 22mm across the gill width . The pink one is 20mm wide, and the pale blue is only 18mm wide. I noticed also, the tale section is narrower on the pink model (see the last pic).

All three lures are beautifully made and painted and show slight differences in their profiles....this is why I love timber lures....individuality! My favourite is the slimmer body of the blue n white one. A couple of these guys will probably get thrown at some barra soon, when it warms up. I am keen to land a good size barra on one.

cheers steiny
steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2012 at 2:20pm
Here are some other colours. The blue n silver and Black n white are slim profiles. I really like the blue n silver.

cheers steiny
ringo View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2012 at 9:48pm
Beautiful lures.  That 2nd photo really shows off the quality paint job.  I love the pink and the light blue.
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2012 at 6:25pm
There are 2 main variations of the Mack Attack.  The original Mack Attack (like the blue/silver one) has a thinner tail and head section than the Mack Attack that I usually make.  I've still got some 'original' blanks and I sometimes make the original profile.

The Mack Attack that I mainly make these days is a slightly beefed-up version of the original - I still use the original template, but move it slightly to get a deeper (thicker?) profile. The beefed=up version came about because most of the Mack Attacks were being used for Barra fishing and I needed to fit heavier trebles. I recently made a template for the 'Barra' version, so most of the Mack Attacks will be this version.

The third variation that you refer to (your purple lure), the Mack Attack "Bertha", is a beefed-up version of the "Barra" Mack Attack, with a slightly longer bib.  These were originally made for Brolly to throw at NG Black Bass, but I don't think Brolly has made the trip to see if they hold up to the Black Bass,yet. I still had a couple of blanks left, from Brolly's order, which is why I still had a couple to sell.

Basically, the Mack Attack is made as the "Barra" version.  Ocassionally, an original version is carved. The "Bertha" version is done to order. The flouro orange/black head "Bertha", dated 2011, is still available.

Cheers

Travers
steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2012 at 12:05am
Hard to put these beauties in the water. The paint job is so nice. Powelly.....I might give the blue one or the silver one a swim soon. I know I have been threatening this for a while!

cheers
Darren
cheers steiny
simon bruce View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simon bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2012 at 12:02pm
Steiny

they fish pretty well

the fish aren't art critics
Pearcey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Dave Pearce Lures and OLM Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pearcey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2012 at 12:19pm
travers they are lovely lures mate, love the paint mate, very talented lure makers on this siteClap pearcey
steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2012 at 12:28pm
Nice FM Simon...well done!
cheers steiny
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2012 at 7:56pm
Originally posted by simon bruce simon bruce wrote:

Steiny

they fish pretty well

Simon, this is the photo that I have on my computer desktop, at work.  Love the photo.  It makes a perfect desktop display and an even better conversation piece. Big smile

Cheers

Travers
ringo View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2012 at 11:44pm
I love that yellow one.  Obviously the fish do too.  Travers let me know if you're selling any more Mack Attacks in the future.  I think the barra up here won't be able to resist them.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic