LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > NSW Lures > Powell Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Powell Mcleay

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner Member
Beginner Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stu27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Powell Mcleay
    Posted: 05 Jun 2012 at 1:39pm
I bought a pack of mcleay minnow blanks and made myself. Thought i'd upload a pic cause i was pretty happy with my first try. Thanks Mr Powell.
oog663 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Oogs Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oog663 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2012 at 2:47pm
Stu27 Very Nice Clap

Steve
saito View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2012 at 2:57pm
Good on ya mate
I have the Guppy pack but will keep that in the packet LOL for safe keeping in my display cabinet.

Now you just need to catch a fish on it and take a photo for us to see

James
Cheers

James

~Love my Bass fishing~
Stu27 View Drop Down
Beginner Member
Beginner Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stu27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2012 at 4:08pm
Can"t wait to get out and catch a fish on it. I have a few more in production, i now have the bug i"m in the process of developing some of my own lures as i don"t want to copy others. Any tips would be much appreciated........... Look out for posts of my first catch.
RAVA View Drop Down
Industry Member
Industry Member
AkLures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAVA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2012 at 4:30pm
Good stuff Stuart Clap they are a great little lure, you have done well making and painting him, Travers will be pleased Thumbs Up
Fish hate me!!!

Cheers Gary
SNAFU View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
RIPP-N LURES

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNAFU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2012 at 7:20am
You have done a good job stu..ya gotta be proud of that mate Thumbs Up

Mick!!!
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2012 at 8:26am
Well done, Stuart.  Looks the goods Big smile.  Now it's time to catch some fish on it!

Thislure isn't a Macleay Minnow, it's a 7 cm Minnow.  You must have bought a luremaking kit from me, at the 4WD Show, a few weeks ago.

The 7 cm Minnow and Macleay Minnow are very similar shapes. Strangely enough, they were designed at different times and for different purposes.The Macleay Minnow was designed for river bass fishing.  The 7 cm Minnow was designed as a versatile (all rounder) lure that I used to teach the kids at Tenterfield High School how to make lures.

I was back in Tenterfield a few days ago, talking to the students about careers in agriculture and the courses that we offer at Tocal Ag College. It was a bit nostalgic being back in the room where I taught agriculture and lure making for 8 years.  It's been 16 years since I last stepped foot in that room.

Good luck with the lure making.

Cheers

Travers

Stu27 View Drop Down
Beginner Member
Beginner Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stu27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2012 at 10:40am
Thanks for the info Travers, I actually got the kit from a mate when i was living in Penrith. We went on a fishing trip to lake Lyell a couple of years back and my mates were catching heaps of bass and trout on your minnows. I just had to have them they are a great lure the bass definitely love them. I only just got around to making them last week now i'm hooked. I can't wait to make some more lures once i get some more supplies.

Thanks for the post.

Stuart
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic