LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lure Market > LureLovers.com Cottage Industry Lure Market > Tas Highland Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Highland Fling/Killer lures

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Tas Highland Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyenna Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Highland Fling/Killer lures
    Posted: 08 Jun 2012 at 9:21pm
Just finished the first batch of Highland Fling's Thumbs Up
A new model that i have been working on for a few weeks until finally coming up with these bad boys ,they should smack those trutta Ouch LOL
A great action, 70mm and floating ,they also average around 4-6' and deeper if trolled with a bit of drop back .They should be great for casting at 5+ grams .

A few 70mm Rainbows  .

A few 70mm Brown Trout .

A couple 70mm Perch .

A few Highland Killers .
80mm Perch ,70mm Perch ,80mm Rainbow ,80mm Brown Trout .

Dave ...

Trout extractor !
saito View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2012 at 11:23pm
Wow that look awesome!
Great paintwork there
Cheers

James

~Love my Bass fishing~
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2012 at 3:42am
Dave i just love your Lures. That Rainbow is ????? can not find the right words
Yes got it : Truta suicide material mate.
Just stunner's all of them ClapClapClapClapClap
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
EVEN CUSTOM DOGS LIKE THEM
SNAFU View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
RIPP-N LURES

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNAFU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2012 at 6:09am
Dave they look excellent mate,nice colour schemes great work Thumbs Up

Mick!!!
Tyenna Dave View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Tas Highland Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyenna Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2012 at 7:40pm
Thanks for the positive feed back  Thumbs Up
Hoping the fish are fond of them and after test swimming a few in the Derwent today (below the Bridgewater) on the new Lox rod i reckon they will .
The Flings have a big rock and roll with a nice fast tail whip also mixed into the action ,can't go wrong Cool
Dave ...

Trout extractor !
Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2012 at 7:44pm
Love the attention to detail on the paint Dave Clap
You have a gift  mate 66

What clear system do you use?? it seems to make the colours POP!!!
"If you are going to have fun with your rod.. get some wood

pop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2012 at 9:59am
Your best so far Dave, Great work......Nev
A lure without hooks is a Keyring.
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Tas Highland Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyenna Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2012 at 11:05am
Cheers Nev and Darby Embarrassed
Always trying to improve on previous efforts.
I have been using 2 coats of Devcon 2Ton (30 min) for clearing bodies ,it seems to be fairly durable and easy to mix compared to my last epoxy system that was a mix ratio of 5:2 and took 24hrs to dry .
Still thinking of trying that Etexlite product for a comparison ,apparently its easier than Devcon to handle ,
Dave ...
Trout extractor !
FLASH View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FLASH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2012 at 7:30pm
@ Dave , was interested do you still get that smokey look to this new clear after its been in water for the first time as you do with the old clear coat ?
Davent View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2012 at 8:56pm
lovley looking lures bloke, Makes me wish we had trout up here so I had an exuse to try and procure some!
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Tas Highland Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyenna Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2012 at 11:18pm
@ Flash ,no mate this stuff has never given me any trouble Thumbs Up
It also sits a little heavier so i only do 2 coats instead of the 3 they used to get .

Thanks Dave !
I'm sure a wide variety of species would eat them and i do have a few other colours that may well work .
I'll throw up a pic of some alround patterns Big smile
Cheers ,
Dave ...
Trout extractor !
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Tas Highland Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyenna Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2012 at 11:34pm
 Black & Gold (visable red base) , Silver/Copper/Black or the White/Red/Black would probably get eaten in your neck of the woods Davent Wink

Dave ...
Trout extractor !
Davent View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2012 at 12:44am
Im sure they would get eaten no matter what the color mate, they look great. But I like a bigger lure, 100_ 150mm. Interested in how you use the clear finish though. Cheers Dave.
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Tas Highland Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyenna Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2012 at 1:15am
Yep, i imagine your feisty fish would have them half way down their throat and probably unretreivable LOL
The clear is fairly easy to use being that i am a Painter & Decorator .
A small soft bristle brush is the way i go for application with a couple drops of alcohol to thin the epoxy brew.
It will drip off the lure only once if your coat is the right thickness and this is where i clean off the drip and turn them around .I then stick them in the hot box for 6 hours at around 25-30 degrees .
I am considering building a drying wheel inside the hot box as the next project to improve on my finishes though they are pretty even and glassy atm so i can't complain  Thumbs Up
I hope that helps in some way ,
Dave ...
Trout extractor !
FLASH View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FLASH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2012 at 7:24am
Dave , I think that a wheel would be a wast for you as your lures look great now . Did you get to hook up those fans i located for you ?
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Tas Highland Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyenna Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2012 at 11:58am
Your probably right Flash when i'm using Devcon .
If i was using the old system it would be invaluable but the 2Ton sits so well as it is Thumbs Up
Have not hooked up that bank of fans as yet but they appear to fit straight into the little spray booth you also donated .
Stoked Big smile
Dave ...
Trout extractor !
Mcleod View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Macquarie Customs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mcleod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2012 at 1:38pm
Dave, they look great, really nice clarity from the clear.

Angus
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Tas Highland Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyenna Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2012 at 7:17pm
A new batch of lures this time consisting of some Huon numbers along with the usual King Billy .
I think there is at least 70 lures available at present, all packaged up and ready to go Thumbs Up

The usual KBP Highland Flings in 70mm and there are multiples of these guys ready to post .
$35 for 2 lures delivered or $20 for 1 lure delivered .

A couple 75mm Flings in Huon Pine Wink

Top shot .

Signed on the belly !

A couple naked KBP Highland Flings and a couple naked Huon Highland Minnows .

There are to many here at present to mention and they won't last long Thumbs Up
Looks like i'm over stocked up for the trout opening already Big smile
Dave ...

Trout extractor !
Petervano View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Petervano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2018 at 3:30pm
Hi Dave,
I bought a couple a few of your lures from you when i was down there with the Southern Fly fishers crew.
Are you still making lures i would be aftet a fre of your liitle brown trout or highland minnows if you are?

Pete
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic