Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > QLD Lures > Pro Rigging Kit Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pro Rigging Kit Lures

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pro Rigging Kit Lures
    Posted: 17 Feb 2010 at 6:50pm

Around 1990 Paul Dolan decided to market and sell Pro Rigging Kit Lures that were sold by mail order. The lures were sold as unpainted blanks complete with instructions and hardware, enabling anglers to paint the lures using their favourite style/colours.

Paul sold these lures until approximately 1993, and then started Strike Zone Lures in 1994.

The Pro Rigging Kit Lures included the following models:

• Bass
  • Callop
  • Goodoo
  • Bibless Hi-Speed
  • 3" Shallow
  • 4" Deep
  • 3 and 4" poppers
Here's the Pro Rigging Kit Lures Range (with the exception of the Bass model)

This is the protoype of the Pro Rigging Popper, possibly the earliest keeled popper made in Australia.

Here's an article about the Pro Rigging Kit Lures. Paul mentioned that another article was written by Mal Florence in QFM around 1991 that I'll try to track down.

Thank you Paul for sharing the story of your Lures with LureLovers.com Clap

Paul Dolan has had a succesfull career in various aspects of sportfishing over the last several decades, from many successes in competition fishing (Both Lure and Fly) and currently owns and runs Fraser Coast Sportfishing based in Hervey Bay QLD

Cheers, Tony

For the love of Fishing Lures.
Brolly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brolly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2010 at 7:45am

Tony,here's a pic of the Bass model(green) with the Callop and Goodoo.Although Paul Dolan more than likely moulded these i'm guessing Allan may have painted them going by the "Lively Lures" inscribed on the Goodoo.

FISHING JUSTS GETS IN THE WAY OF MY LURE COLLECTING
Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2010 at 11:10am
Gday Brolly,

You never cease to amaze me with the lures you come up with, thanks for posting them up Clap

The Pro Rigging Kit Lures were moulded by Al Dolan, and were originally packaged and marketed by Paul as blank unpainted lures.

As you mentioned the ones you have were painted by Al Dolan using one of his popular colour styles.

Al mentioned he had some laying around after Paul had wrapped up the Pro Rigging Kit Lures so he painted them up. Likewise, the ones that Craig had a while back were painted by Al - here's a few I got off Craig

Cheers, Tony

Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2010 at 2:15pm
Here's a couple of pics of some Longtail Paul put a client on to this week in Hervey Bay, check out the Pro Rigging Kit Lures in both the Longies gobs Smile

Here's a link to the report for that trip on Paul's website

Cheers, Tony

Stephen Booth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephen Booth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2010 at 3:50pm
I love the editorial freedom where it says Paul approached LIvely Lures - priceless.

Nice - another Dolan factoid I never knew about. And he's still nailing longtails too - bloody DolanLOLLOLLOL
Screamingreel View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2013 at 10:04am
Found this ad QFM May 1993

Regards John
Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2014 at 9:53am
Thanks John,

I missed that you had posted up the ad - nice find! Smile
Cheers, Tony

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic