LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lure Market > LureLovers.com Cottage Industry Lure Market > P.J Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SOME MORE NEW SPOON MODELS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SOME MORE NEW SPOON MODELS
    Posted: 15 Jun 2012 at 2:13am

Here is some more new spoon models i have made lately. New-Silver/Cobber and Brass back side

These are made with Brash and cobber. the back side is Silver from old Trophy´s
 Inspired by some of the Trout fisher´s here on L.L.

Also made this one. special signed at the back ??? to a L.L.menber
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
EVEN CUSTOM DOGS LIKE THEM
SNAFU View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
RIPP-N LURES

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNAFU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2012 at 4:48am
Gee PJ they look excellent mate...not knowing myself how to make them,looks to be a lot of work in them...well done PJ Clap

Mick!!!
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2012 at 7:14am
Thanks Mick.
Thy do take a fair time to make. The easiest ones i think about 45 min. in total
Have an idea some where in the future, to make some small step by step videos on how i make a 2 sheet molded Spoon. If any one else would like to have a go on it, a video cud be a good starting help. And other wise it would be my pleasure to help. So just ask, and i will try to help
Hope my Son will learn the skill when old enough, and carry it on.
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2012 at 7:29am
very nice p.j........they look like they would wobble really well....it is an art form.....and your very good at it.....keep them coming.
Jas
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2012 at 7:52am
Hi pj...love the scale pattern, very nice!
cheers steiny
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2012 at 8:35am
Yes Jas it is art just like your Wooden Lures. That there is a very simple reason to.
We just love to Fish mate Big smile

Darren i am not sure the Fish care if there is scales ore not.  Thy don't see the swivel, rings and Hook. If thy cud, i am sure thy would not strike. Have tried a numbers of time in the Streams a Fish rising behind the Spoon ready to strike, and then a tiny piece of weed sets on the Hook. The Fish immediately stops, and go back again
But thy do look good don't thy Wink

P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
Red Hunter View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Red Hunter Fishing Rods

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2012 at 9:02am
Excellent work PJ . Thumbs Up
goldtrev68 View Drop Down
Ex Member.
Ex Member.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldtrev68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2012 at 3:16pm
Great mate they look top shelf,,Gary
Tyenna Dave View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Tas Highland Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyenna Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2012 at 1:02am
Awesome spoons/wobblers PJ Thumbs Up
Loving that last one ,couta looking scale pattern indeed !
The half scaled pattern took my eye aswell ,a great looking variation Cool
And i just keep on staring at them ,bloody eye candy PJ !
Dave ...
Trout extractor !
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2012 at 1:38am

Thanks fore all the good feedback from Preciate that

Also pretty happy this one.
Had to take severel Pict. The light was teasing, as it is quit curved.

P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
Tyenna Dave View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Tas Highland Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyenna Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2012 at 1:57am
Love the gill markings on that one PJ !
Very nicely placed to  Thumbs Up
Dave ...
Trout extractor !
Screamingreel View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2012 at 10:51am
The couta would go balistic on those lures, Quite a shine on the metal as well.
regards John
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2012 at 7:45pm
Thumbs Upvery nice PJThumbs Up
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2012 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by Screamingreel Screamingreel wrote:

The couta would go balistic on those lures, Quite a shine on the metal as well.
regards John
John i need to ask what the :couta is Ermm 
i have just made the final polish on them. So thy are brand new. Can give them some clear cote if i want them to stay this way
Here are some used with out clear cote, in New-silver/Brass/Cobber and one in pure Cobber to show how nice that can get. Actually still have a shiny look on it
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2012 at 6:40pm
p.j
i will try and track down a photo or two unless some else has one handy . We have a cold water species (Tassie , Victoria, )(NSW ?? not sure)   and a northern one as well, could be others that I am not aware of.  The big boy is located up north.  Very toothy ,and can collect lures.
Regards John

Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2012 at 7:13pm
p.j very nice mate......ive never been attracted to the metals that much......got a lot of them ive used over the years,,,,,but yours are great....maybe its just cause i know the guy that makes them is an allright guy.
Jas

p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2012 at 8:04pm
[QUOTE=Screamingreel] p.j
i will try and track down a photo or two unless some else has one handy . We have a cold water species (Tassie , Victoria, )(NSW ?? not sure)   and a northern one as well, could be others that I am not aware of.  The big boy is located up north.  Very toothy ,and can collect lures.
Regards John

Thanks John
Is there any Fish at all in AU. that not have big Teeth Smile
Here is the under Jaw from Patrick's first Pike. (a couple of teeth there to) Will use Brads idea, with cheap Pict. Frame to make a display. Attach the Jaw, and the Lure on the Pict. he caught it on, together with a good Pict. of him holding the Pike
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2012 at 8:22pm
NICE P.J...I mounted a lot of mangrove jack jaws and sharks years ago.......we have an eel here known as a pike eel...they also have a set of fangs that look great mounted......your son will love that gift mate,,,,,great effort.
Jas

p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2012 at 8:24pm
Jas Mate
Thats because you never seeing them as beautiful as mine LOL
Must say all credit on these Spoons is not mine. Have got a lot of inspiration from the Delfin Spoons i collect. Some of my Spoons is models made from them. But of cause i have giving them my own touch.
Here is some with a pattern inspired by The old painted ones.
These is in similar shape and curves to some Delfin´s but a lot smaller

P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2012 at 9:03am
p.j.
found a northern species called "Pickhandle Barracuda, {and there is more than one species found up north} a real lure destroyer.
Nice set of pearlies, will track down the lighter Tasmanian version from one of my fishing mags.
Up north, most fish have some type neat dental arrangement
Regards John
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2012 at 9:11am
Background on the Tassie  Barracouta just lacks a picture at the moment.
Tyenna Dave may have caught some on his recent tuna trip, on the east coast and could help out with a photo.

regards John
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2012 at 9:20am

Thanks fore that John Thumbs Up

I can see what you mean by Lure destroying. Thats a nice set of Teeth there. And i beth thy can use them quite well.
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2012 at 10:08am
Travel in large schools and attacks anything that flashes, lures , swivels ,wire traces, etc. Frequently lose the lot of gear being used at the time.
regards John
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic