LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Lure Making > Make your own Fishing Lures > Lures you have made
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Getting my first lures wet!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Getting my first lures wet!
    Posted: 12 Aug 2018 at 9:27am
I took my first 3 lures for a swim yesterday and was stoked with the results! Took some short videos, links below...
I was really pleased with how they sat in the water, and their action on the retrieve. I would like to tweak things though so that they dive a bit deeper - at present they all only dive to about 1 metre (the big one wouldn't get to a metre). Happy to take feedback / ideas / suggestions to achieve this. Thanks for looking!
Dan
Gil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2018 at 11:10am
Just started myself. Made about 60 now. In my short experience iv found a bigger bib will and a flatter angle will get you down deeper. Hope that helps.
Cheers
Gilhop
Danny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2018 at 2:28pm
Great work Dan. They swim great. The first video was my favourite action. Keep up the good work.
Dan
Craft View Drop Down
Craft Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 10:08am
Nice action on those puppies, Dan. Great stuff.

Roy
Barndog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 11:02am
Another 5 designs  had their first swim over the weekend. Really pleased with the results, especially diving depth when compared to the first 3 I tested. Had a few that I looked good as a template but wasn't sure how they would swim, and was pleasantly surprised! Took some short videos again for interests sake...
It's almost a case of "if you've seen one, you've seen them all", but there are some subtle variations in the actions. Enjoy!
Dan
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic