LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > QLD Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Goodoo Guru Lures by Christopher Nielsen

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote colsel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Goodoo Guru Lures by Christopher Nielsen
    Posted: 20 Jan 2015 at 9:56am
Following the 2014 Lure Expo I heard reports of a "new" lure maker named Christopher Nielsen. Chris made an instant impact by winning the trophy for the "Best Cottage Industry Lure" at the show with a surface lure in the form of a cicada. After checking out a few more of his lures I was very impressed with just how quickly his skills had developed, and it was refreshing to see some totally new and original designs(Prawn Cocktail, Bubba Gump Shrimp, Charlies Angel, Cicada ... ).

Chris is a jeweller by trade and a self-professed perfectionist. He is quick to point out that his rapid development as a lure maker has been greatly assisted by helpful advice freely given by other more experienced lure makers, many of whom are members of this site. Apart from work and the demands of a young family, Chris is currently working on a limited edition(10) of his award winning "Cicada" lure.

Hopefully my photos below will convey some of his talent for you to appreciate. With this as a starting point I for one will be eager to follow Chris's progress. Some of his ideas for this years Lure Expo sound very exciting indeed.

Please enjoy,
Col

lead lure View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lead lure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2015 at 10:52am
Some stunning lures I have had the pleasure of meeting Chris and seeing these as they are being made
Cheers Graeme
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2015 at 11:09am
WOW very cool lures indeedyClapClapClapClapClapregards bob
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2015 at 11:13am
Chris is probably "the" most artistic luremaker to watch at the moment.his stuff is really fresh and as Col said he is a perfectionist.He's a nice fella as well very approachable and good to have a yarn with.i cant wait to see what he comes up with next
that's no how ye make porridge!
rodsncods View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodsncods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2015 at 12:38pm
look too good to be smashed by a big cod.....mick
BEER IS PROOF THAT GOD LOVES US AND WANTS US TO BE HAPPY!!!
matt fraser View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Barambah Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt fraser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2015 at 1:05pm
Like Ollie's work, that is Art! Not something to be tied to the end of a fishing line. Amazing skill and talent! Well done,

Matt
barneyminno View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Deep River Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barneyminno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2015 at 2:35pm
Superb lures with excellent paint  Smile

l think you will have to make another display cabinet Col   LOL

Barney.
goodoo guru View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote goodoo guru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2015 at 9:41pm
Hi all, thank you Col for putting up this post, I am mostly humbled!!! I am so happy with how my creations are being received and will attempt to be regular with posts of my work in the future!! Thank you to all that have responded to Cols post, I appreciate your comments greatly! It has taken 3 years to get my lures to a level of quality that I felt worthy of sharing, although my first lures I made for some time was when I was 12!! There's much more to come from Goodoo Gurus this year
Tincan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tincan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2015 at 10:02pm
Just spotted this post, crazy creative, well done.

Tincan
You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.
Cod Classic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cod Classic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2015 at 10:19pm
Had the pleasure of staying with Chris for a night when I was up there for last years expo.

Top bloke, great family and he makes exceptional lures. To hear of his "lure journey" and who has helped him out along the way, it is no wonder he is producing some great stuff.

Throw in his brilliant jeweler skills for eye for detail and quality, you near on have the complete package.

Shop early to avoid the rush if you are chasing some of his lures.

Keep up the great work "Goodoo Guru"

Cheers TB
Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2015 at 10:42pm
OH dear, if you guys are getting even better, I think I'll sit in a dark corner and watch on.
Absolute works of art and I can see why the anglers, collectors and judges like them.Clap
"If you are going to have fun with your rod.. get some wood

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goodoo guru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2015 at 10:53pm
Never sit in the dark mate, we all have sometimg to share, and lots to learn from each other no matter our skill level
Lofty View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Esoteric Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lofty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2015 at 5:39am
Can it get any better ????I dont think so
Esoteric lures "For The Select Few"
steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2015 at 7:09am
Awesome original body shapes, bib shapes and colours...well done!
cheers steiny
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2015 at 7:22am
I was hoping no one would discover chris :(
My orders will take forever now !
Not a bad cook either...but curry expertise is yet to be seen!
Took one of chris lures swiming on weekend...tough day...but held its own with a variety of lures thrown in the day...i like em a lot ...will post pics when time allows....
Top stuff chris...
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
Pearcey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Dave Pearce Lures and OLM Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pearcey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2015 at 8:09am
Awesome Thumbs Up, cheers pearcey
Raffey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2015 at 10:14am
Wow.......Simply incredible.
Tbolt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2015 at 10:35am
Definately crossed the line between craft and art.. superb!!!!

Cheers
Mcleod View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Macquarie Customs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mcleod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2015 at 11:24am
those look great, so clean and crisp, well done. Look forward to seeing more

Angus
Tony Mc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Mc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2015 at 11:28am
Chris, do you still have any of your earlier lures? 
It would be great to see how you got to the point you are at now.

Tony.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote goodoo guru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2015 at 11:33am
Hi Tony, I sure do have some of my old lures that I started with years back, should I post a few up then mate??
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2015 at 11:54am
YES!
that's no how ye make porridge!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goodoo guru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2015 at 11:57am
Ok, see what I can do😎😎
whipit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whipit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2015 at 9:10pm
Very impressive, designs, paint and bib shapes. You deserve all the complements you get.
whipit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goodoo guru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2015 at 9:35pm
Guys, I have to admit I'm not good with technology and computers, I've realised I've got no idea how to post an immage if my older lures on this forum, going to need some assistance. All my immages are stored in my phone, is it possible to load them up from it😁😁😁😁😁😁😁 cheers Chris
Tony Mc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Mc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2015 at 8:31am
Keep trying, I'd love to see the them Approve

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goodoo guru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2015 at 8:34am
Roger that 👍,
Shinco View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shinco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2015 at 9:05am
Hey Tony, its Tim, new to site, what's the go with posting a picture? wanting to put picture of my lure up but can't work it out.
BTD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BTD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2015 at 8:51pm
Chris.
You are running hot there champ !!👍 just so you keep up the work I will post up some of my lures you have made for me !! The phone will go now buddy 🙈🙈
BTD LURES
lead lure View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lead lure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2015 at 9:03pm
very nice Benn im looking forward to my first one mite just settle for another steak
jaybonnie View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybonnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2015 at 9:55pm
Nice work mate and i like them alot.
THE CODFATHER

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goodoo guru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2015 at 10:45pm
Thank you Big Fella for posting that up, very honoured to make your display case!! It's a pleasure to be amungst such great artists in this field!! And yes Grahm, I have booked you and Powery in for a Goodoo Guru rib eye steak at the Peter Newell memorial one lure comp!! I promise to fill that top shelf Benn😉😉😉😉
fletch View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Kuttafurra Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fletch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 12:10am
awesome mate love em ....better get mine ready aswell , cheers aaron
Padgey View Drop Down
Industry Member
Industry Member
Power Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Padgey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 1:12am
seen one of these lures today, great work Chris, time is plenty when you have no time, hey Chris as you said burning the candle as I do every night, cheers Bryan
HANDCARVED and HANDMADE TIMBER LURES
BTD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BTD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 6:10am
Yes mate I will hold you to that promise !!🙊🙊the prawn cocktail will look good in amongst the top water theme wall 👏👏👏👏🎣🎣
BTD LURES
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic