LURELOVERSโ„ข Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > QLD Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Goodoo Guru Lures by Christopher Nielsen

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BTD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 6:16am
๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿ˜ฉ sad day for me mate not being able to make this year Peter Newel one lure Graham !! As you know buddy it is the one comp I try my hardest to get to !! This year sounds like you are going to get a good crowd !! Hope you all have a great time ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘. And yes I am disappointed that I am missing out on another Guru steak !! Best meal I ever had ๐Ÿ˜ต๐Ÿ˜ต๐Ÿ˜ฒ. Oh well guess someone else will get a chance to win this year ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
BTD LURES
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2015 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by goodoo guru goodoo guru wrote:

Thank you Big Fella for posting that up, very honoured to make your display case!! It's a pleasure to be amungst such great artists in this field!! And yes Grahm, I have booked you and Powery in for a Goodoo Guru rib eye steak at the Peter Newell memorial one lure comp!! I promise to fill that top shelf Benn๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰

Yes that steak at the one lure comp was bloody sensational really enjoyed it.....OOPS hang on that steak I ate was meant to be bryans!
OH well it WAS nice
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
lead lure View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lead lure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2015 at 1:07pm

Nicho looks like you were very worried about eating Padgeys steak I know I was enjoying my steak.
Not only can he make lures he knows how to cook a steak

Cheers Graeme
Davent View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2015 at 2:02pm
whats this? eating indoors in the great outdoors?
Atheism is a non prophet organisation
goodoo guru View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goodoo guru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2015 at 2:12pm
It was a pleasure having all you lads present to cook for and enjoy a great steak with awesome company
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2015 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by Davent Davent wrote:

whats this? eating indoors in the great outdoors?

yes "CAMPSITE CHRIS "puts it all on! next year we will have plush style carpet and recliner chairs...bring it on.

RAVA View Drop Down
Industry Member
Industry Member
AkLures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAVA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2015 at 7:46pm
Beautiful lures just beautiful , well done

Cheers Flacco the impressed
Fish hate me!!!

Cheers Gary
colsel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colsel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2015 at 10:17am
The "2015 - 5th Cod Nationals" begin tomorrow at Lake Mulwala. This year the winners of the Champion Team Trophy will have an extra reason to smile as each member of the team will take home one of Chris's special "Cicada Lures" as part of their $10K + first prize package.

I would like to congratulate Chris on having some of his amazing creations being selected as part of such a prestigious prize package. It is an honour of which he can feel justifiably proud.

Regards,
Col

lead lure View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lead lure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2015 at 12:04pm
Someone is going to be very happy Just wish I was there.
Well done Goodoo Guru
cheers Graeme
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2015 at 3:49pm
hmmmmm, next year I may have to take holidays after Easter.
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2015 at 5:40pm
nice lure...im sure all will be happy, chris makes a decent lure that's for sure.

colsel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote colsel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2015 at 9:57pm
Two wins in as many years - you can't do better than that. Congratulations Chris on winning the Best Cottage Industry Award at the Lure Expo yet again.

One quick look at the "Bat" and you just knew that it was from the Goodoo Guru stable. In a very short time Chris has established his own distinct style that is instantly recognisable and unlike any other. Part of a new wave of lure making that is on the horizon.

The "Bat" is an amazing work of art with such precision and meticulous detail. The fact that it has a great action in the water as well is testament to Chris's talents as a lure designer. He was not content with the final design until the lure "swam" to his satisfaction. This challenge was ultimately overcome by the inspired use of a double bib arrangement.

The fact that award is voted on by his peers must be very satisfying and rewarding. It would in some way justify and compensate for all the effort, nervous tension and countless hours involved in creating a masterpiece such as this. Now the pressure is on to complete the trifecta in 2016 .......

Well done Chris and I can't wait to see what's next,
Col

Cod Classic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cod Classic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2015 at 10:08pm
A truly amazing creation by an amazing character (& chef!). To see the passion and pride Chris puts into his work along with all round appreciation of the "lure industry" and people who have helped him is great.

I'm luck enough to see allot of his work in the production stage and extra lucky to own a few special creations of his.

Was spewing (not really!) when he won this years award because if he didn't, we were going to get "the bat" on loan for display in store @ LMFCS.

Keep up the good work "Goodoo Guru" and all the best in your effort for a three-peat.

Cheers TB
lead lure View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lead lure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2015 at 11:18pm
Congratulations to Chis on his great win. I had the pleasure of camping with Chris at the expo Sitting at the camp table at about three thirty Saturday morning Chris gave me a little present he knows I like a bit of glitter on my lures but this is not a little bit of glitter
A glitter one bubber gump thanks Chris
Cheers Graeme
Cod Classic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cod Classic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2015 at 11:32pm
Nice "Bubba Gump" there Graeme. It was a very interesting fire to be around at 3.30am in the morning!
lead lure View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lead lure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2015 at 11:39pm
Im note quite sure that interesting is the right description Tony
cheers Graeme
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2015 at 8:07am
Originally posted by Cod Classic Cod Classic wrote:

Nice "Bubba Gump" there Graeme. It was a very interesting fire to be around at 3.30am in the morning!

did you mean interesting fire to be around or to be "IN" ??

Beautiful lure chris, well deserved award.

rodsncods View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodsncods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2015 at 8:52am
BEER IS PROOF THAT GOD LOVES US AND WANTS US TO BE HAPPY!!!
Alljo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alljo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2015 at 8:34pm
Congratulations on the lure now thats done its time to work on the HK monaro.Be the man on the road!!!!! Well done chris
matt fraser View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Barambah Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt fraser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2015 at 10:18pm
Thanks for putting the pics up Col, for us to all take it in properly! What a fantastic lure/piece of artwork.

Congrats Chris!

Matt
goodoo guru View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goodoo guru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 10:56pm
Finaly time to reflect and comment!!! Thankyou Col for your fine words and effort to post my work!!! You do this on your own back and it's very rewarding to me knowing that my work is worthy of this effort!! Thankyou and in can not be more proud of this!!! Thanyou also for everyone's support this last year in keeping me inspired to create!! I live for that! I have soooo much more to share, believe me!!!
Finaly getting to show who I am as a craftsman outside the shadows of a professional jewellery company that engulfs my life๐Ÿ˜“๐Ÿ˜“ . Standing on stage receiving my award makes me the proudest man alive!! It's not a piece of jewellery for royalty or a celebrity !!! But it's finly my design in something with my name!!
grey nomad View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grey nomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 11:22pm
Am not even gonna comment on your lures Chris, you should be on a bloody handicap Big smile, give the
rest of us a chance LOL.
Gristy
whipit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whipit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2015 at 12:02am
I got to see this lure close up when they pulled it out of the cabinet late Sunday afternoon. ... your a craftsman all right. Was lost for words, only a few swear words muttered out. The paint, shape, and metal work was amazing.

Cheers Brad
whipit
jebe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jebe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2015 at 11:50am
ClapWOW that is freaking wicked
I have no words
JB
colsel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colsel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2016 at 8:44pm
3 years, 3 entries, 3 WINS !!!

Congratulations Chris yet again on winning the Award for the Best Cottage Industry Lure at the 2016 Expo. The votes of your peers has confirmed you as a true Master Craftsman.

This now completes your trifecta:
2014 Cicada
2015 Bat
2016 Water Dragon
The fact that these works of art all swim beautifully makes them all the more amazing.

These photos were just a couple of quick grabs as Chris rushed to deliver his entry and in no way do this lure justice.

Congratulations to a deserved winner,
Col
jaybonnie View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybonnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2016 at 10:54pm
Some true works of art mateClap
THE CODFATHER
Padgey View Drop Down
Industry Member
Industry Member
Power Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Padgey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2016 at 11:30pm
Well done Chris one of if not the best lure I've seen. Cheers Padgey.
HANDCARVED and HANDMADE TIMBER LURES
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2016 at 9:16am
yes it was special... Well done campsite Chris. 
Love ya work. 

MadDogLures View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Mad Dog Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadDogLures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2016 at 9:28am
WOW that's is amazing 61Well done Chris
Cheers
Dave
Life is fishing!
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2016 at 9:34am
you Mr Nielsen are a "freak"and bloody fantastic person good on you mate!Hug
that's no how ye make porridge!
Nativeman View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nativeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2016 at 9:54am
An artist, a true craftsman, and a top bloke all in one. An amazing creation...bring on next year...
Ducks View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2016 at 1:06pm
Any video of a swim?  I'd love to see that!
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2016 at 4:21pm
I kept on going back to look at that lizard - amazingClap
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
lead lure View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lead lure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2016 at 5:33pm
Originally posted by Ducks Ducks wrote:

Any video of a swim?ย  I'd love to see that!

Criss never mentioned a video he did say he made many changes to the frill (bib) to get the desired action .
Cheers Graeme
Krisco82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krisco82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2016 at 6:43pm
What a talent!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic