Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > QLD Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Goodoo Guru Lures by Christopher Nielsen

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
OCD Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OCD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2016 at 9:48am
Besides being weirdly talented, Chris is a great bloke, awesome cook and has a passion for lures that you can only really realise when you get talking to him. Lures, he loves them, truly!
Thanks for a great social weekend Chris, both Robyn & I loved "Campsite Chris".
Cheers,

Gavin
matt fraser View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Barambah Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt fraser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2016 at 5:47pm
Congrats Chris! Amazing talent, beautiful lure! 

Well done!

Matt
Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2016 at 6:07pm
Awesome work Chris, congratulations! Clap

I agree with all above - amazing talent Artistic
Cheers, Tony

For the love of Fishing Lures.
madoldeel View Drop Down
Ex Member.
Ex Member.
fake profile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madoldeel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2016 at 7:45pm
What can one say that has not already been said.....freak,master lure maker,craftsman.I think your swimming in a very deep talent pool & in the deep end..Very few makers can match your skill set...The other lure makers that come to my mind one has the same first name & the other is Ollie...After 3 years of wins what will you come up with next...What goes on in your heads fella`s to come up with these lures...100% artistry......congratulations on win number 3...... 
hazmail View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Rayna Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hazmail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2016 at 11:14pm
WOW !! amazing work Chris, wish I was there to see this-
Congratulations (again).
Pete
   'RAYNA' ---Free Range Lures
peterayn@yahoo.com.au
colsel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colsel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2020 at 11:46pm
A few more of Chris's spectacular "Bubba Gump" shrimp lures to add to the record. I trust that everyone will appreciate seeing some additional lures of this exceptional calibre. Artistic quality and craftsmanship of the highest order.

Enjoy,
Col

ArdentAngler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArdentAngler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2020 at 1:24am
Ye gods Chris, what do you have a drawer full of wood elves and sprites in your shop? That's some top notch stuff there. Rumor is you just look at wood and it carves itself, care to comment on that???

hypnos View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hypnos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2020 at 7:35am
absolutely superb work !!!
cheers
bazz
a wife & a steady job are a handicap to the serious fisherman !!
HARTE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HARTE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2020 at 7:43am
Wow, amazing work! Clap
Thanks for sharing.
Cheers, Graham
colsel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colsel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2020 at 1:34pm
A couple more to add to the mix. These two larger works of art were created last year(2019) and saw much spirited bidding when sold off at auction.
The fluorescent red colour that Chris used for them is called "Hotter than Pink" and that just about sums up these two beauties.

Enjoy,
Col

Cod Classic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cod Classic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2020 at 12:39am
Colsel

Would be interested to know what the "Supa Wasp" sold for as it sits proudly in our lure cabinet and the wife has not said a thing about how it got there! Chris's work is amazing and I believe he is undoubtedly one of Australia's finest lure makers.

Keep up your great work of showing the lures you have. It looks like an amazing collection.

Cheers TB
hooknose View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hooknose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2020 at 7:31am
Outstanding 😆👍
Cheers Steve R  !!!
MAN I LOVE FISHING ! ! !
colsel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colsel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2020 at 12:16pm
Hi Tony,

I totally agree with your assessment of Chris's work. Apart from the meticulously detailed finishes that are a standout feature of his lures, his designs are both new and exciting. This originality is very welcome and refreshing in an industry that does have it's fair share of "borrowing and inspiration".

Unfortunately, not all the lures shown in this post belong to me. The Supa Wasp was auctioned by Chris on Facebook in July 2019 and sold for $370. It was labelled as #2 Supa Wasp and I don't know how many others exist. I am aware that the Wasp lures were made in at least two sizes and also have seen images of some nude laminated versions.

As for the origins of the Wasp that materialised in your cabinet, I just wish that I had that sort of luck. Your wife obviously has excellent taste and I would just enjoy it and leave it at that.

Regards,
Col

al49 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote al49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2020 at 4:06pm
sensational work and unreal paint jobs on those lures .
it a lot better world if you just smile
colsel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colsel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 11:54pm

Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2021 at 5:26pm
nice collection Col,
im still waiting on my 2015 order
:)
cmon Chris...Bite LOL
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2021 at 9:01pm
Gotta say wow again! Cool
Cheers, Tony

For the love of Fishing Lures.
colsel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colsel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2021 at 6:52pm
A couple more of Chris's lures to share. This time a beautiful pair of Wasps(65mm and 95mm), painted with a magnificent gold and black pattern.

Hard to find words that adequately express how good I think these are - brilliant, spectacular...... For me they represent a professional standard of the highest order and I feel very privileged to be able to add them to my collection.

Enjoy, Col

hypnos View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hypnos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2021 at 6:53am
truly superb work
cheers
bazz
a wife & a steady job are a handicap to the serious fisherman !!
HARTE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HARTE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2021 at 8:49am
WOW, sensational Clap
hazmail View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Rayna Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hazmail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2021 at 12:46pm
Yep !!!very, very nice lures Col/ Chris.
Pete
   'RAYNA' ---Free Range Lures
peterayn@yahoo.com.au

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cod Classic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2021 at 10:03pm
Simply magnificentHandshake
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2021 at 8:03pm
Very nice, Chris’ lures are outstanding
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2021 at 1:20am
Truly amazing Lures ClapClapClapClapClap

Kneak & Break
          Per
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
EVEN CUSTOM DOGS LIKE THEM
colsel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colsel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2021 at 10:10pm
Another new lure model that Chris released this year is the "Covid Callop". These have a body length of 75mm and are real characters. As with all of Chris's lures they are beautifully finished and I was delighted to secure one painted with a Cod pattern.

horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2021 at 9:42am
WOW I like that…..
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
colsel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colsel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2022 at 7:53pm

puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2022 at 10:26am
love the dark colored Bubba gump and the wasps are outstanding(as always).Ive got a wasp in my Cod tackle box for fishingEmbarrassed
that's no how ye make porridge!
colsel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colsel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2022 at 9:32pm
I was delighted to be able to pick up a few more of Chris's exquisite lures at the Expo last weekend. I'm a big fan!

colsel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colsel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2023 at 5:25pm
One of my favourite patterns from one of my favourite lure makers. How "hot" are these?

HARTE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HARTE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2023 at 5:28pm
Wow, amazing! Clap

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cod Classic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2023 at 10:45pm
SUPER!!!! Love them all.

Cheers TB
colsel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colsel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2023 at 4:08pm
The new larger version of the "Covid Callop".

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic