LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lure Market > LureLovers.com Cottage Industry Lure Market > Powell Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Guppy & Minnow Lure Making Kits

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Guppy & Minnow Lure Making Kits
    Posted: 17 Sep 2012 at 9:36pm
I had a request, a month ago, for a Lure Making Kit in pink or purple.  I didn't have any kits, at the time, so I made a few.  Seems that the member didn't want the Kit, after all, so there are 6 to choose from.

Both the Guppy and 7cm Minnow Kits are $30 each + $8 postage.  Each Kit includes:

Instructions with templates, one double blank with carving lines drawn and holes drilled (to keep for future reference), a double blank (with bibs, eyelets, hooks and split rings) to make 2 lures and a finished GUPPY/7cm MINNOW lure of your colour choice.

The lures, for the Kits are below.

Send me a PM, if interested.

Cheers

Travers

saito View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2012 at 10:24pm
Would love to have some of these in my collection without the kit.
Might have to hit you up soon again Travers
Cheers

James

~Love my Bass fishing~
SNAFU View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
RIPP-N LURES

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNAFU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2012 at 7:14am
Nice lot of lures there Travis,great colours..Thumbs Up

Mick!!!
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2012 at 9:02am
The 2 purple lures, with pink rings, have gone.

Cheers

Travers
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2012 at 8:53pm
The Yellow/black Guppy Kit has gone.

Travers
Poolie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poolie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2012 at 2:48pm
Hey Travers, the hooks on the black lure are they the ones with the outer barb? I have some on one of the lures I got from ya and when anyone looks at my little collection they're mesmerized by them.

Small Scale Lure Creations; Lure making on hold ATM.
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2012 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by Poolie Poolie wrote:

Hey Travers, the hooks on the black lure are they the ones with the outer barb? I have some on one of the lures I got from ya and when anyone looks at my little collection they're mesmerized by them.

Hey Poolie,

You've picked it, like a nose!LOL

VMC Barbarian Outbarb trebles.  If you believe the VMC blurb and the reviews, these hooks have better penetration, are stronger and hold fish better than the traditional trebles.

Cheers

Travers
ropes.basstard View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Asian Lures Guide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ropes.basstard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2012 at 8:34pm
Got em, tried em and have seen no difference to other hooks
Hi I'm Ropes and I'm addicted to fishing lures.
Mal Vader View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mal Vader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2012 at 1:07am
I see more issues with wooly jumpers,,,,, like Blackberry Vines, those suckers JUMP a coupla metres. PinchOuch
DARK LORD
In Space, no-one can hear you SCREAM!
Drewb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drewb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2012 at 4:53pm
sorry Powelly I have sent you a pm have had a few issues with the net and being locked out of sites 
Cheers Drew

Aussbasstony View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussbasstony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2012 at 5:24pm
Very Nice as usual Travers ! 
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2012 at 9:09pm
Only one Kit left - the yellow 7cm Minnow.

This is a replica of the lure that caught me the heaviest yellowbelly at the Maroon Dam Invitational Comp, back in 1993.  (Thomo will remember that one).  Great sentimental memoriesBig smile

Cheers

Travers
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2012 at 7:54pm
Looks like they have all gone. At least, at this stage, they have all been requestedBig smile

Cheers

Travers
Krankem Spinnerbaits View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krankem Spinnerbaits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2013 at 11:11pm
Hi Powelly,
                 Im new to the timber lure making game and would very much like to purchase one of your guppy lure making kits to get me started.

Cheers

Tim
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2013 at 10:15am
G'day  Tim 

I'm in the process of making about 100 lures for the  The Hunter Valley Caravan, Camping, 4WD, Fish & Boat Show  -  which is on May 24-26.   I've got some Guppy Kits and 7cm Minnow Kits in that lot of lures.   

When I finish them, I'll put PM you  photos of the finished Kit lures so that you can choose the lure that you want to be included in the kit.  The Kits are $30 each, plus postage ($8).

The Kits look like this:

Cheers

Travers
steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2013 at 12:10pm
I think the lure making kits are a great idea for people who starting out. Well done Travers!
cheers steiny
goldtrev68 View Drop Down
Ex Member.
Ex Member.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldtrev68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2013 at 2:54pm
Mr T put me down for one of your next lot of kits,,,you buggers were to fast for me,,,,while I was bike riding to loose my chin collection,,all lures were taken,,,Gary CFSA
Krankem Spinnerbaits View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krankem Spinnerbaits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2013 at 6:18pm

Thanks very much Powelly, i will definately purchase one of your guppy kits when they become available. As i am only a new member i am unsure if i can send or recieve private messages.

Cheers

Tim
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2013 at 8:39pm
A few members have been enquiring about the Lure Making Kits.  I made a few for the upcoming  Hunter Valley Caravan, Camping, 4WD, Fish & Boat Show (May 24-26).  I haven't put the Kits together, yet, but they should be finished on the weekend.

There are 6 Guppys (5 deep divers & 1 shallow diver)  and six 7cm Minnows. 

If anyone is looking for a Kit, I'm happy to sell them before the 4WD Show - $30 + $8 postage.

Cheers

Travers
Strangalures View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strangalures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2013 at 11:54am
Pm sent about black with yellow strips thanks Rick
Fish Choking Lures :)
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2013 at 6:04pm
The Kits have been finding new homes.  Budding new lure carvers, hopefully! Big smile

5 Kits left.

Cheers

Travers
zenag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zenag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2013 at 11:23am
Travers,
I am new to lure making and the site and would like to purchase one of your 7 cm minnow kits, as i cant send you a PM can you please email me on pleahy@zenagchicken.com.pg
thanks Zenag { phil}
zenag
jearlybird View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jearlybird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2013 at 11:47pm
Hey,
im new around here wondering if you have anymore kits available, deffinately keen to purchase.

cheers josh
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 9:56pm
Josh, I've had a bit of a run on the Lure Making Kits, lately.  Got one 7 cm Minnow left.  It's Midnight Violet with yellow rings. Let me know if you are interested.

I've been working on 2 new Kits, following requests from a few members.  I'll put up a new post, when they are finished and ready for sale.

Cheers

Travers
jearlybird View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jearlybird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 11:24pm
yea deffinately interested, just let me know email joshua_earle@hotmail.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic