LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Lure Making > Soft Plastics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

hand injection moulds

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner Member
Beginner Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hand injection moulds
    Posted: 24 Nov 2013 at 2:42pm
Hi,some time ago i found a mob that would custom make aluminum hand injection molds for soft plastic lure making,my computer that had the site marked crashed i have spent a fare amount of time since trying to find the company again but no success,if anyone knows of anyone who does cnc machining of this type please let me know. Cheers Gaz
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2013 at 7:53pm
Gaz you could try Richard Mainey at port plastics 0408868892 he might be able to help
Screamingreel View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2013 at 8:30pm
There is a guy in Canberra that sells them as well.
Appears at the various boat shows, someone may have more details , I have them but probably packed.

Regards John
Big-Pete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big-Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2013 at 9:17pm
www.u-make-emsoftplastics.com.au have some google bears baits ,bait junkys . Heaps out there.

Big-Pete

I make mine out of plaster, they work great and I made my own injector.
Beetle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beetle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2013 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by Big-Pete Big-Pete wrote:

I make mine out of plaster, they work great and I made my own injector.

I make mine out of plaster too.

Pete, how did you make your own hand injector? I've been trying to work that out for ages. The commercially available ones are expensive.
Big-Pete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big-Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2013 at 7:26pm
Hi Beetle I will take some photos tomorrow and post them.

Pete
Big-Pete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big-Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2013 at 6:34pm
Hi Beetle sorry I have been distracted trying to make something well out of my league so hopefully tomorrow.

Big-Pete
Beetle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beetle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2013 at 9:10pm
No worries Pete.

Still curious though. Everything I've tried or thought of has simply not been able to handle the heat.
reelsandlures63 View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reelsandlures63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2013 at 4:35am
I used to make rubber moulds that you could pour lead into and they lasted for ages. it was of coarse a rubber designed for the task
Timber King Lures View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timber King Lures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2013 at 6:13am
i use to make molds from aluminium (lures,sinkers,bullets) on a milling machine.Easy as..maybe a business which does fitting//turning or engineering work id say ??
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2013 at 6:42am
Originally posted by reelsandlures63 reelsandlures63 wrote:

I used to make rubber moulds that you could pour lead into and they lasted for ages. it was of coarse a rubber designed for the task
you can still get it mate Barnes Products sells it,its made for molding jewellery from pewter
Screamingreel View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2013 at 7:18am
Amazing the amount of Technical now how from members on Lure lovers

Not much that a member has not tackled , seen, tried , or is at least aware of.
I appreciate the guidance and explanation on many of the interesting items covered by members

regards John
Big-Pete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big-Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2013 at 7:48pm
Here are the photo's as promised, please don't touch your screen as the ink has not yet dried.

Big-Pete

Big-Pete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big-Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2013 at 7:53pm
the injector is about 200mm long 30mm diameter aluminium tube the shaft on the plunger is 7.5 mm. Both the end cap and the nozzle are made out of aluminium bar turned to suit. Not sure how much it holds lets say heaps. The best idea is to heat it next to the molten plastic before you use it the first time then it should be ok until it gets to hot to handle.

Big-Pete
jham66 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jham66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2015 at 9:14pm
Has anyone thought to repurpose an old (or new) bicycle pump as an injector? I think you could even unscrew both ends of some of the old ones. Can get them in many different sizes and made from either plastic, steel or aluminum....

I've never made soft plastics.... but I'm interested!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic