LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > NT Lures > Reidys
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hand Signed Reidy's.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luxman78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hand Signed Reidy's.
    Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 5:35pm
I got these 2 Moulded handsigned Reidy's in a deal the other day.I haven't seen to many hand signed ones before.

Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 5:52pm
Very nice Matt Tongue

I've got a couple of that model lure but none hand signed, great to see you've made some nice acquitions whilst up north! Clap
Cheers, Tony

For the love of Fishing Lures.
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2010 at 12:57pm
WHAT model are these or names of them ???????????????Big smile
CaptainCranky View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainCranky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2010 at 2:38pm
I have 2 Plastics like those also.I will give Jeff a call and see if he remembers anything at all about numbers
 of lures signed.
The Journey is the Reward

GB61 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB61 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2010 at 5:16pm
They are called Reidy`s Big Barra lures . I caught my first barra on one of these at Dorunda station in NQ, still have it .I had a signed one as well but I repainted it and sold it on ebay ,for five bucks ,could only catch whiskered barra on it.
be anxious for nothing
Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2010 at 6:35pm
GB, what colour did you repaint it, wasn't Red stripes over Gold was it......

Darbs
"If you are going to have fun with your rod.. get some wood

bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2010 at 7:22am
I ve had afew of these never knew what they were..............thanks boys..regards bobBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smile
GB61 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB61 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2010 at 4:58pm
Hi Darby ,Yes the one i repainted was red stripes over gold , not a very good job though the paint and brush I used was all but gone,think I left the makers signature, probably stuffed it up.
be anxious for nothing
Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2010 at 8:37pm
GB, ahhh haah!!!! I bought it, and after stripping back your paint job, I can see why you did it . there is only small scraps of original paint left on the belly, It must have been a good producer Big smile

And yes the signature is still there Thumbs Up

I am contemplating a bib transplant with another of the same vintage i acquired that has great paintwork but no bib left to speak of Unhappy

I know its not really kosher, but if it's only for my collection......still undecided Confused

ohh!! and damn good adhesion with your paint GB, I've had to scrape, fine sand and then soften with thinners to get it back to original surface Clap
darbs
"If you are going to have fun with your rod.. get some wood

GB61 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB61 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2010 at 9:56pm
Hi Darby , Yep that`s it alright , sorry for the mess I thought I was leonardo but sadly not . They worked well & have a nice action .I have a bleeding mullet color but unfortunately not signed ,it caught my first barra and was retired from service. Good luck with it maybe it can be revived ?? Gaz
be anxious for nothing
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic