Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > NSW Lures > Marz
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Harrington Hunters

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
B.J.'s Spinnerbaits

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doccod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Harrington Hunters
    Posted: 12 Sep 2013 at 12:37pm
G'day Maurie sent me up some new flathead lures to try for this season called Harrington Hunters, great lures these and I urge fellow members to invest in some especially the shallow version that still swims in less than a foot of water and no I cannot post photosLOL some one might copyLOLLOLCryLOL.........B.J.
doccod View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
B.J.'s Spinnerbaits

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doccod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2013 at 1:00pm
I hooked a big black sting ray in the front part of his right flap with this lure last night with the Owners hooks penetrating no worries,then had a five minute tussle at full lock up but was never going to win as the ray was a big one at least 6ft from wing tip to wing tip......He went to ground once but plucking the braid like a banjo saw him lift off the bottom and swim towards the gantry for the open sea....I don't know what I would've done had I managed to subdue him anyway as he still had his tail,I called Marzy just after it happened so we could both commiserate the loss and laugh together......I'm very impressed with the new platinum braid from Platypus as the mainline was only 10pound rating with a metre of 12pound fluro-carbon line attached via a double uni knot......The main line parted first as I'd say the back scutes came into contact with the line due to the changing angle but it was sure fun.....Keep an eye out for a black ray with a 5inch orange lure attached last seen heading north.......regards B.J.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic