LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Lure Making > Make your own Fishing Lures > Questions and Tips re carving your own fishing lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Having trouble with wakebait action

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben Wheeler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Having trouble with wakebait action
    Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 4:27pm
I have made a couple wakebaits but i cant get the action right.the first 2 joints have a nice action but the rest just drag behind and dont have a 'snake action' any help is great.
Thanks, Ben
Ben Wheeler View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben Wheeler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 4:28pm
I have searched it but i couldnt find what i was after.
matt fraser View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Barambah Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt fraser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 1:12pm
Ben, its all about the first segment. It has to have significant action in order to transfer the action through the lure.

Have a look at the length of your first segment. Generally by extending the length that will improve the action into the other segments. 

Hope that helps,

Matt
Ben Wheeler View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben Wheeler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 6:08pm
Yeah ok, Thanks alot
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic