LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > International Lures > North American Fishing Lures > USA Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Heddon BRS Colour collection

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hutto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Heddon BRS Colour collection
    Posted: 30 Nov 2010 at 7:38pm
One of my lure collection fetishes is the Heddon BRS Brown Crawdad

These are my BRS lures to date

Cheers
Hutto
ropes.basstard View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Asian Lures Guide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ropes.basstard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2010 at 9:09pm
OMG! What a great collection. How long has it taken you to collect all of these?
Hi I'm Ropes and I'm addicted to fishing lures.
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2010 at 9:44pm
THERE very very cool HUTTO ClapClapClapCoolCoolCool
tooch View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Twitchy Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tooch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2010 at 9:45pm
Very nice Ian...ClapClapClap...Pete.
I'd rather be fishing with

Hutto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hutto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2010 at 9:58pm
Hi Ropes,

I was introduced to the BRS coloured Tiny Tad  through the Nepean Fishing Club in Penrith in the early eighties and a couple of the tads have been in my posession since then. Its only been the last 3 or 4 years after reminiscing about the good old days that I started watching for them on auction sites and the addiction has prospered since then.
In the late eighties the Heddon Company dropped the colour from the Tadpolly range. Fortunately Steve Kovacks from Custom Crafted Lure fame in Wagga Wagga had started making a similar lure called the Wiggla and I was instrumental in introducing the colour to him.
Heddon lure is the top one and Wiggla the bottom one.

Hedon have a lot of other older models in this colour however some are commanding big $$$ and they are pre my vintage of interest ie. 1980's

The tads were/ are good fish catchers and this one accounted for some good yella's at the recent Canberra Convention

Anyway I am pleased you enjoyed my collection

Cheers

Hutto
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Asian Lures Guide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ropes.basstard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2010 at 10:12pm
Personally I think the Taddy style lures are under rated and somewhat overlooked nowadays. I'm very familiar with the "Nepean Special" myself and fished many a Basscatch using them. Thanks for influencing Steve. However, the taddy we called the "Mighty Invincible" in "the gorge" is the Fire Tiger pattern. Most of mine have little paint left on them at all. We'd fish them surface twitching and as a regular diver with unbelievable success.

I think I might only have one or possibly two Wiggla's left. But I do have a resonable collection of taddies, but no pattern at all to what I have.

Ropes
Hutto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hutto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2010 at 10:45pm
I have a few more tads to show......

An addiction that has got right out of controlTongueTongue
Hutto
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Asian Lures Guide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ropes.basstard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 9:59am
Great collection, the highlights for me are the top row (all killers) and the left hand column. Those red & blacks rock. Bream & whiting can't get enough of those tiny red & black buggers.
doccod View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
B.J.'s Spinnerbaits

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doccod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 10:27am
Great Collection Mate, I too have a few tads and my latest catch of them were the later rattling ones. I have a firetiger in mint condition and a Blue Pirate still in its packet. Also the white one,red/black,pure black etc etc regards B.J.
Hutto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hutto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2011 at 8:55pm
With the help of LL member, Big Kev, I have upgraded my BRS Colour collection.

Thanks Kev, I am one very happy collectorClap

Cheers

Ian
Hutto
RAVA View Drop Down
Industry Member
Industry Member
AkLures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAVA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2011 at 10:15pm
Awesome Ian just awesomeThumbs Up
Fish hate me!!!

Cheers Gary
Screamingreel View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2011 at 8:23am
Hutto
I found some info on a  Heddon lure when first introduced 1902 -1903 which maybe of interest to you  will locate and post, includes a couple of black and white photos .

Regards John
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2011 at 11:14am
Some Heddon History  1902- 1903 and a photo of one of the earliest Heddon frogs found in the company archives.

May spark some interest to attempt something similiar over in Aussie, very interesting FROG design.

Interesting comment in the process of manufacture 40,000 baits for this season's business.

Information obtained from the National Fishing lure collectors club Nov 1998

Regards John

Hutto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hutto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2012 at 11:46pm
My BRS colour collection is slowly growing and the display case is filling nicely.

The wish list is
Heddon
Model Number

7025                    Prowler 3 5/8  inch            BRS

9006                    Magnum Tadpolly   3 ¾” BRS

9120                    Crazy Crawler  5/8 oz         BRS

9300                    Medium Dive Hedd Hunter         ¼ oz       2¼ “       BRS
9305                    Medium Dive Hedd Hunter         3/8 oz      3”            BRS

9350                    Hedd Hunter Minnow    4 ½ inch BRS

You never can tell where the next lure might come from

Cheers

Ian
Hutto
steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2012 at 11:53pm
Great display and collection!
cheers steiny
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2012 at 8:06am
Great work , thanks for posting
barneyminno View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Deep River Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barneyminno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2012 at 8:48am
Just saw this post thread and its just amazing what you've put together lan.
Beautiful lures. Great work  Smile

Barney.
Hutto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hutto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2012 at 3:08pm
Thank's guys,

I am fortunate that this colour is relatively new being introduced in 1978.
Watching lure sales on evilbay and checking sites like lurelore.com I am blown away by the number of models that were released by Heddon. Luckily most of these were released prior to the mid seventies and therefore do not feature in my colour collection.

Cheers

Ian
Hutto
Fysshe Salmon View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Fysshe Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fysshe Salmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2013 at 10:47am
Great collection Ian, I have just started collecting a few Heddons and, although I have about a hundred already, I haven't seen one that colour!! You must have snaffled them all up already... LOL
Fysshe
Hutto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hutto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2013 at 1:17pm
No mate, there are still a few out there.
The display case is getting a little cramped but there are still a few models that I need to locate. The problem is that most that I am seeking are in USA and many sellers will not ship internationally. Even if they do USPS freight charges can double the price of the lures.

This is the collection of BRS as of today................

Anyway the search goes on

Cheers

Ian
Hutto
nitelum View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitelum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2015 at 2:11pm
I have the larger crawler in BRS.
Hutto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hutto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2015 at 6:01pm
G'day Ricky,

Thanks for responding to my post. I'm always looking for the elusive BRS coloured Heddon lures. I have sent you a pm

Cheers

Hutto
Hutto
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic