LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > Aussie Lures - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help with Lure ID

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
No_Classifieds
No_Classifieds

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help with Lure ID
    Posted: 07 Aug 2017 at 4:18pm
Hi, would love some help with identifying these two lures - the fatter / tiger one in particular. I've only got the one and it fishes like a champ. The day will come when I lose it - so want to know what it is so I can hopefully fine more.

The flatter lure doesn't get fished much at all. Just interested to see what it is. From memory think I may have even found this one on a snag in the Daly River.
thanks..
Seaweed View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
née Capt.Seaweed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seaweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 11:06am
The one pulled from the bib has a Southern Cross type paint pattern, could the other one be an early RMG?
Seaweed.
"Always Merry and Bright"
dmc View Drop Down
No_Classifieds
No_Classifieds

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 2:20pm
Thanks. Not familiar with Southern Cross lures - I can see what you mean by the pattern though - looking at some of their paint jobs. I've had this lure since late 90's early 2000's.

The 'scorpion' shaped lure - I don't know. The images I've seen of the early timber RMG scorpions seem to have flat bibs. This one has a slight curve in the ally bib. The eyes are quite small as well.

The below lures are early Lees - with ally bibs. Got these early 90's. Pretty sure I got the 'scorpion' type around the same era - but can't see any sticker marks under the bib. I used to think it was a Lees - but don't really know.

rally44 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Lee's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rally44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 7:32pm
DMC, Not one of mine ,the Scorpion. Other two are mine, as you say early `90s. Cheers Richard
Dads in the shed making saw-dust again.
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 7:40pm
top right one almost looks like an Rmg but a little fat?,i dont think the other is a southern cross although the scale pattern is similar to some on a southern cross,the body shape is almost Bennett isnt it?

that's no how ye make porridge!
dmc View Drop Down
No_Classifieds
No_Classifieds

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 9:08pm
thanks people. I've got a bit of time on my hands at the moment - so will keep researching. The flatter lure does have the Bennett Merlin shape and bib - but not sure about the eyes.

Richard - your ally bib 5" Lees above are my remaining survivors of at least 30 Cape York trips. I probably had a dozen or more in the early days - when have since been donated to the barra gods. These one's still get a swim every year and still match it with anything on the market.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic