LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Lure Discussion > What the blazes is this fishing Lure?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help with today's pickups

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flathead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help with today's pickups
    Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 6:07pm
Murphys, clure, two unknowns are they wild rivers? Two more unknowns, I was told the larger bleeding mullet came from Weipa. Thanks in advance.
OCD View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
OCD Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OCD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 1:00am
Gavin, If you look at the belly on that bigger bleeding mullet one, you should see a small red dot. It looks like a Keith Boys lure, the twist ties on the hooks is also a clue. I don't know about the small one with stick on eyes but you are right with the others.
Cheers,

Gavin
Flathead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flathead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 8:14am
Hi Gavin, I've got a few of Keiths lures left. Used to buy them from him at the markets and occasionally pull up for a chat on the way home from the ramp. This doesn't have his spot. Remains a mystery.
I wish I could get a few more of Keith's lures for my modest collection. He was a such
a lovely Bloke.
micknq View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micknq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 11:06am
No mystery Gav , definitely a Boysey . Sing out if you want to trade those Wild Rivers mate .
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 2:08pm
Not all Boysey lures have the red dot. I have a couple identified as Keith's without them - some where in a container full of stuff.
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
OCD View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
OCD Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OCD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 4:43pm
Yes, not all Keith's lures had the dot but it makes them easy to identify. Mick is right, that is certainly one of Keith's, the paintjob, the eyes etc. I reckon I would even have the Vee Pattern template here to match it, somewhere.
Cheers,

Gavin
Flathead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flathead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 6:35pm
Well it's a bit embarrassing but I'm coming clean. Put my glasses on and undid the hooks. Red dot just as you all said.
micknq View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micknq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by Flathead Flathead wrote:

Well it's a bit embarrassing but I'm coming clean. Put my glasses on and undid the hooks. Red dot just as you all said.

OCD View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
OCD Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OCD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 11:54pm
LOLThumbs Up All good Gav!
Cheers,

Gavin
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic