LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Lure Discussion > Welcome area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hi there

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diesel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hi there
    Posted: 01 Mar 2018 at 7:48am
Jeff is the name, mad keen lure fisho from Central Qld.

I mainly fish with hard-bodies and soft vibes chasing barra and jacks at Baffle Creek and yellas out west. I'm currently gearing up for a trip to the Top End for what is shaping up to be a cracker of a runoff and I've been restocking the lure collection for the trip - an expensive exercise, but enjoyable.

Jeff
Fysshe Salmon View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Fysshe Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fysshe Salmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2018 at 10:51am
Hi Jeff, welcome to the site. Enjoy your trip to the Top End, the runoff should be good this year!! Plenty of good Barra lure makers on this site...
Fysshe
diesel View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diesel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2018 at 3:25pm
Thanks for the welcome, Fysshe.

I've been checking out some of the barra lures on here for the past few months and like what I see. It's a bit like a kid in a candy store, where do you start? 

Thought about having a crack at making some myself a while back, but I lack the patience required for all the fiddly work. I love working with timber, but only when I'm hanging on to a chainsaw or an axe.

Jeff Big smile

Ducks View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2018 at 4:30pm
Start with "A" and work your way down haha
Welcome mate.
I've just decided to sneak up and fish the run off after some plans to go cod fishing got stuffed.
I've realised I probably don't need more lures just more tackle boxes.
MadDogLures View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Mad Dog Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MadDogLures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2018 at 5:04pm
Welcome Jeff, Enjoy the site.

Cheers,
Mad Dog
Life is fishing!
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2018 at 6:36pm
Welcome to the site Jeff, yep it should be a far better year then the previous few years
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
bignanny View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
CAM Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bignanny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2018 at 6:47pm
Welcome to the site Jeff. Regards Chris 
All my braids gone!
diesel View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diesel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2018 at 6:51am
Thanks for the welcome, fellas.

A couple of my fishing mates have always reckoned that I'm a bit weird because of my habit of purchasing a particular lure and then not using it. They fail to understand that some lures are such an example of perfection that it would be an insult to the maker if I flicked it out and damaged it in some way or lost it. 

There is no doubt that these lures are made for catching fish, but so are all the mass produced lures that are proven fish catchers and easily replaced, not so the 'works of art' produced by very talented people who devote their time and skills to creating what could be regarded as nothing less than pure perfection.

So, to all you lure makers out there, now that I have suffered a slight degree of brain damage stringing all those words of praise together, be kind to me should I seek to purchase your wares Wink

Jeff
Chep Buxley View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Chep Buxley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2018 at 7:10am
Welcome Jeff, lot's of good people on this site........Not me, I'm talking about other people LOL
diesel View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diesel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2018 at 7:31am
Thanks Chep.

Jeff
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic