LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Lure Making > Make your own Fishing Lures > Lure Making Articles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

hi vis

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Dave Pearce Lures and OLM Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pearcey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hi vis
    Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 8:49am
starting to run out of this high vis auto acrylic silver the paint is over 12 years old now but has a fantastic finish , is the new acrlic auto silver just as good surely it cant be any better , have to buy some soon protech is the brand, pearcey
Pearcey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pearcey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 12:10pm
would also like to know does the new tech water base paints produce a silver like this , if so i will change , as i wont have to bother about ventilation and such, pearcey
Pearcey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pearcey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 7:43pm
these lures will be fine sanded again and sprayed with hi vis silver once more, lots of options with gold concentrate , fluro red mistings , white sprayed over silver, with fluro yellow , just some combinations, pearcey
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 8:09pm
G'day Pearcey.  I use Protec Flouro Orange and Flouro Pink, but haven't used any of their other colours.  The Protec Flouro Acrylic Lacquers are actual paints (rather than the flouro concentrates like SEM make) but they come out looking a bit 'chalky', rather than a smooth, shiny surface.  The Flouro Orange is a sensationally bright orange but the Flouro Pink is a bit disappointing.  Both need plenty of clear coat to make them look shiny.

Strangely, the flouro pink looks orange, in the can. Confused

Unfortunately, the photo doesn't show just how bright the flouro orange really is.

Is the Protec Silver really bright, or just a very metal-flaked silver?  The silver that I use is called 'Fine Aluminium'.  It comes up pretty good and looks sensational under the Candy Concentrates.

Cheers

Travers
Pearcey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pearcey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2013 at 8:55am
hello travers , the silver i have is full of metal flakes and very sparkly in the sun light and inhances the misting colours it also brings out the gold concentrate , it is not a smooth coat such as, hence the fine flakes , lovely lures by the way mate Clap, i will be painting today and will put up a pic when done cheers, pearcey
Pearcey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pearcey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2013 at 6:25pm
heres the high vis silver lures finished , all have a great action , the shallow ones are very light on the rod tip but wobble with just a twitch , thats how they should be made , the blue water lure has a tight action shimmy , pearcey
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic