Forum Home Forum Home > General Lure Discussion > Luremakers Biographies
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hill's Timber Lures/ Mad Dog Lures

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Mad Dog Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MadDogLures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hill's Timber Lures/ Mad Dog Lures
    Posted: 27 Sep 2016 at 8:18pm
I first started making timber lures in 2011, as Hill's Timber Lures trying to keep Dad's passion going, but one day I decided Dad would rather have me to have my own identity.

I will keep productionising some of Dad's lures but naming them Jimmy/Dave Hill lures and all proceeds will go to Returned and Services League Australian. This might be once a year and hope all will support this wonderful service.

Why did I start making timber lures because of my cabinet making back ground of 9 years, being in fishing retail industry of 8 years, artistic skills from my uncle who had paintings in the art galleries and all this made me think to have a good crack at making timber lures.

After Hill's Timber Lures, I change the name to Mad Dog Lures, I love the passion of making timber lures, the art what goes into it and at the end seeing a fish caught on them.

I was brought up only to take enough home for a feed and then catch & release was our way of fishing.
Below are some old and new lures made by me.

Thank you all of you for making me feel welcome on Lure Lovers.

Cheers,

Dave Hill
Mad Dog Lures

This lure was made in 2011

2012-2013

2013-2014

2014-2015

2015-2016

Life is fishing!
Kimo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2016 at 12:20am
Hi Dave
As you are aware I have a few of your lures, some I bought to fish whilst others I have bought to put away and display.
Those I bought to fish will only get wet when I am away on holidays,which I am intending to be frequently. The others will sit on display at my place and be passed on to my grandson when I am gone.
He may choose to fish them,or display them up to him but I personalty have no dout that the passion you display in your lure making, weather they be called Hill lures or Mad Dog in time to come your lures will become as collectable as those of the greats we now treasure.
keep up the good work Dave
Cheers Kimo
hypnos View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hypnos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2016 at 7:20am
well done mate  - i keep doing it - the end result is definitely worth the effort  - the lures i have bought off you are for me to fish ( they have their own box so i can acquire more !! )  but no doubt Mad Dog Lures are very collectable ClapClapClap
cheers
bazz
a wife & a steady job are a handicap to the serious fisherman !!
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2016 at 7:56am
I dig daves lures the ones i have all make there way into my bass box &get a floggin here in the hunter valley &surrounds great luresClapClapClapClapBig smileBig smileregards bob
Rocket*Surgeon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocket*Surgeon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2016 at 9:53am
Dave - You already know I love your work, and that I truly believe your Dad would be proud of you. That aside, I honestly think your lures are some of the most visually attractive ones I've seen. Not completely over-the-top, but they just LOOK like they catch fish. And that's what important! They make me want to get out to the river and start reeling in the fish !
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2016 at 11:45am
i can see an evolution happening here going by the pictures you put up DaveWink,good to hear about your background and i'm keen to see more of your creations mateThumbs Up
that's no how ye make porridge!
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2016 at 8:43pm
Clapgood of you to support the RSL like that Dave - and great lures tooClap
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic