LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Lure Making > The Luremakers Shed
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

how good are these!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: how good are these!
    Posted: 12 Mar 2013 at 5:27pm
seagull View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seagull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2013 at 5:41pm
Yep them pliers are the bomb have a pair myself and makes twisting wires easy as.

Cherz Errol
Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2013 at 5:57pm
Only way to go Dave, I use them all the time now I have a pair. I did a mob of eyes the other arvo, banged out about a hundred in 2 sizes of wire and 2 different eye diameters in about an hour.

If you need some wire I can send you a link to a guy that sells it in a few diameters and 1lb spools,

Cheers Brad
"If you are going to have fun with your rod.. get some wood

Fysshe Salmon View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Fysshe Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fysshe Salmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2013 at 6:05pm
Certainly saves time! This pair well over 50yrs old, ex RAAF issue. U.S. Robinson Jet Twisters.
Fysshe
Davent View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2013 at 6:07pm
thanks brad, might take you up on that when i run out of what ive got.
pliars are used in aviation industry aparently, cost me$70, and worth every cent. Made about 50 sets in about ten minutes. used to twist my wires by hand, every lure ive made untill last week, my left index finger had a permanent split....ouch.
steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2013 at 7:33pm
I have seen Ian use those twitching pliers to make an eyelet ....blink and you miss it!
cheers steiny
Montah Steel View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member
Hobbled Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Montah Steel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2013 at 8:01pm
could be my next aquisition if its that easy. im using a drill atm.
Davent View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2013 at 8:17pm
Ian,hope mine look like that one day!
fletch View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Kuttafurra Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fletch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2013 at 8:32pm
love those things .....but when it comes to the heavier wire i use you end up having to use other hand to help it twist .........well worth there bucks .......cheers aaron
Montah Steel View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member
Hobbled Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Montah Steel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2013 at 8:41pm
youtube video of how they work for those like i that havent seen them in action. awesome stuff!!

Fysshe Salmon View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Fysshe Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fysshe Salmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2013 at 8:58pm
Yeah Dave, still working well. A bit of lube on the spiral, occasionally, really helps too. I'd love to know how many thousand eyelets I've spun up over the years! Does yours have a bearing built in? U.S. or Korean? I googled them up last year and there were quite a lot around for sale... Cheers IAN
Fysshe
Davent View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2013 at 10:08pm
Ian, I dont know! I went to all tools in darwin, looked all over the pliars section, conversation went like this.

Hi , can I help you mate?
Yeah, im looking for a pair of pliars for twisting wire, lots of small twists, sorry dont know what theyre called.
Oh  know the ones mate, got that gadjet in the middle, aviation twisting pliars I think you mean.
If you say so, have you got any?
Yeah, over here.
How do they work?
I dont know.
Thats when old mate came over and did the "give here, I know boats" thing.
He then demonstrated that he didnt know either, by inserting some wire up the middle of the theaded mechinism.
The first bloke then got onto you tube, and then did agood demo.
Good blokes though, ad when they found out that I made lures, everyone in the shop came over to check out the pliars.
Gave me a ten buck discount.
Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2013 at 10:59pm
Dave, the rip off buggers!!!!, same ones off ebay from $14 + frieght from the US or between 30-50 from Aus suppliers.

Brad
"If you are going to have fun with your rod.. get some wood

Davent View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2013 at 11:50pm
Yeah I know Brad, but thats $70 NT, not the same as the Aussie dollar, equals about $8 Aust.
Petrol'$1.70 a lt
Paid $6 for a lettuce the other day, and a 2 bedroom townhouse built in the 1980,s will set you back $430,000.

And I wanted them then and there as well.....Smile
Red Hunter View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Red Hunter Fishing Rods

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2013 at 6:35am
Dam , thats a good tool . Thumbs Up
Darkside Slayer and Zombie hunter.
OCD View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
OCD Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OCD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2013 at 8:00am
A MANS TOY SHOP has them but you may have to order them in. Cost was about $60 from memory. Some really expensive ones on the market to, $250 plus!!!
Cheers,

Gavin
bdowdy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bdowdy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2013 at 9:54am
very cool tool....ClapThumbs Up
hunting and fishing the new england
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic