LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Lure Making > Make your own Fishing Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How to

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blade97 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to
    Posted: 31 Jan 2017 at 5:42pm
Hi guys im all new to this was just wondering where do i start i want to make my own lures by hand all help and oppinions would be appropriated
Yatesdavid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yatesdavid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2017 at 6:11pm
Welcome, there's lots to learn about here, all depends what type of lures you want to make, then we can guide you more, good luck.
Cheers
Dave
Dave
Blade97 View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blade97 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2017 at 6:14pm
Hi dave
What is the easiest to learn first mate as id like to get into all types of lures
Cheers blade

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yatesdavid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2017 at 6:33pm
Best bet is starting at what fish you are targeting and then we can pin point what to make
Dave
Blade97 View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blade97 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2017 at 6:37pm
Cod yellowbelly and redfin mate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yatesdavid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2017 at 6:51pm
That's a start, now you have a few lures to choose from as you would know been a cod fisho . There's spinner baits but you will need a mold, then there's divers and surface lures and for them you require timber for the body and polycarbonate sheet or aluminium for the bib and stainless steel wire for tow point and hook hangers.
You can browse all the different topics in this site for how too, and for components you could jump on Australia lure shop and jump int kutta furra lures and he sells all different bibs pre cut, this makes life easier
Dave
Blade97 View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blade97 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2017 at 7:30pm
Thanks so much for that mate really appreciate it
Blade97 View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blade97 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2017 at 6:07am
I dont think he sells lure blanks mate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yatesdavid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2017 at 6:49am
No he doesn't i meant he sells the bibs, you still need to make the body's yourself
Dave
Blade97 View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blade97 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2017 at 11:50am
Ah okay mate
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2017 at 4:03pm
I make Lure Making Kits, to get people started in carving timber lures, but I haven't got any together at the moment.  The Kits come with a lure that I have made, plus all you need to make 2 more lures.  They look like this:

It will be a while until I have any lures made but happy to sell the Large Guppy Kit (for Cod & Yellowbelly) without the lure for $40 posted.

Also worth reading the Posts, on LureLovers, in the "Lure Making Articles" section.   http://www.lurelovers.com/Forum/lure-making-articles_forum276.html

Also worth reading an article that I wrote a few years back:  http://www.fishingmonthly.com.au/files/2011LureMakingFeature.pdf

Good luck with it.

Cheers

Travers
Blade97 View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blade97 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2017 at 6:06am
Thanks mate id be very interested in one but leave it with me mate
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic