LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lure Market > LureLovers.com Cottage Industry Lure Market > Powell Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hunter Valley Caravan, Camping, 4WD, Fish & Boat

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hunter Valley Caravan, Camping, 4WD, Fish & Boat
    Posted: 12 May 2011 at 10:52pm
Well, it's that time of the year again. The Hunter Valley Caravan, Camping, 4WD, Fish & Boat Show is on at the Maitland Show Ground, from May 27 to 29.

I've had a stand at this Show for about 12-13 years, and this will be the the first time that I haven't had a chance to make enough lures.  I will only have about 70 of my lures for sale, plus 11 Lure Making Kits and a few 'signed' lures, just in case someone is looking for collectables.

Fortunately, my good mates, Gary Akers and Dave Jordan, will be there for support.  Gary has made a few of timber lures and a heap of blades, so we shouldn't look too short on stock. 

The 'sales' tent is pretty rudamentary, looking more like a Laurel & Hardy comedy show than a high powered lure sales centre, but Thomo does his best to direct traffic in our direction after his Super Tank show.
  Gary and Dave pretending to be Super Salesmen.

As you can see, we are usually run off our feet.  If you happen to be at the Show, drop in and say G'day  -  we'll try to push the crowds away and have a good chin wag.

These are the lures that I have managed to get ready for this year's Show.

Trout, Micro Digger,  Macleay Minnow, Mack Attack,  Little Digger, Macleay Minnow, Moogerah Minnow

Lure Making Kits                                                             "Signed" Lures

Hope to catch up with a few LL's members.

Travers
reel deal View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reel deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2011 at 10:58pm
Trav, Gaz and Jordy - 3 stooges for sure....

Spoke earlier with BassnBob and I will pick him up on the way thru.
Can you sort out security clearances for us

Laurel n Hardy
www.reeldealfishing.com.au
Glennh View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glennh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2011 at 11:12pm
I'd say ill see ya there i need to replace my fav r/t :)
CaptainCranky View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainCranky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2011 at 7:50am
Looks great.Is there room for a chopper to land nearby,I'm thinking of getting Brazakka to go for a spin.
The Journey is the Reward

Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2011 at 9:24am
Should be a lot of fun Travers, and some nice lures on offer for the lucky showgoers Thumbs Up

Barry, that sounds like the way to do it in style, although it might be more cost effective if we set up a live video feed in the stall of you Heli-fishing for Barra using the Hunter crews lures? Cool hmmm I'd have to come along in case there were any problems with the video feed, all we need is a sponsor! LOL

Cheers, Tony

For the love of Fishing Lures.
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2011 at 10:39am
Originally posted by CaptainCranky CaptainCranky wrote:

Looks great.Is there room for a chopper to land nearby,I'm thinking of getting Brazakka to go for a spin.

Barry, if you have floats on the chopper, I'm sure Brett won't mind you landing on the 'tank'.  Might shut him up for a while!LOL

Travers
doccod View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
B.J.'s Spinnerbaits

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doccod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2011 at 11:47am
Winkahhh brazaka the flying barra king,he's a grin ay? Mmmmm might have to try and make an effort to come and look myself where exactly is it being held and is there a mud map for young players? I'd probaly come via clarence townLOL....... b.j.
reel deal View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reel deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2011 at 2:59pm
Clarencetown Cry
Holy flying spinnerbaits Brian - watch out for banjos

wadey
reel deal View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reel deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2011 at 3:01pm
Hey Travers - I see more than 70 lures up for sale.
Canna ye not count Laddie..

wadey the kilt
doccod View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
B.J.'s Spinnerbaits

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doccod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2011 at 4:32pm
Wink thats ok wadey am lookin at purchasing a banjo down the track to learn and play in between constructing spinnerbaits on some back water in the middle of bass and yowie countryLOL......B.J.
Aussbasstony View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussbasstony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2011 at 6:52pm
Travers,

put that Yellow/Black minnow with the dipped head and black rings aside, I will but it off you TongueThumbs Up

That's if Thommo hasn't nabbed it !
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2011 at 8:14pm
Originally posted by reel deal reel deal wrote:

Hey Travers - I see more than 70 lures up for sale.
Canna ye not count Laddie..

wadey the kilt
Wadey, you dopey bugger, there's only 69 lures + Lure Kits + signed lures.  We might have to move to a 'secret location' if you and Bob are going to be there at the same time Ouch.

@ doccod.  We may have to send you a GPS if you intend to travel from Windsor to Maitland, via Clarencetown. 

Tony, I'll do my best to save the black and yellow lure for youWink.  Thought that I'd save a bit of time and use O=rings instead of painting stripes - bad move, it took much longer.  I broke from my traditional paint jobs, this year, and went for the bold look with the O-rings and curtain patterns.

Travers

RAVA View Drop Down
Industry Member
Industry Member
AkLures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAVA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2011 at 8:15pm
BJ at Maitland show ground, just follow the main road as if heading north you will not miss it Smile
Fish hate me!!!

Cheers Gary
RAVA View Drop Down
Industry Member
Industry Member
AkLures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAVA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2011 at 8:22pm
Here is some of mine that will be at the show

From the top blades, punkinseeds,fizzers morpeth maulers and mangrove maulersSmile
Fish hate me!!!

Cheers Gary
doccod View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
B.J.'s Spinnerbaits

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doccod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2011 at 11:01am
Wink Thanks gary, travers gps no good for me thats modern technology i'm still into lining up marksLOLLOLLOL but seriously how much each lure cost travers? Lure Kit cost????? Gary will also tell you of my locationWink the black with white rings is what I'm aiming for. I just love that colour combination and its brought me heaps of success with natives!!!!!! B.J.Smile
doccod View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
B.J.'s Spinnerbaits

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doccod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2011 at 11:05am
Wink oh gee where that photo spring from sorry garry didn't see your last post/piccies till after i posted beautiful work also but no black and whites? Matter of fact awesome work from all of you newcastle/hunter valley lure craftsmen!!!!!! B.J.
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2011 at 3:31pm
Hi BJ

The lures range from $12 to $15, with the lure making kits $25 (7cm minnow) and $30 (Guppy).

Travers
River Rover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote River Rover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2011 at 10:37am
Im not sure about Travers claim of super salesman but Wadey you will have to try harder to insult me by calling me a stooge Geez that would nearly qualify as a term of endearment to what I am used too!!! My role in the Powell Aklure team is support services and if the other two talk bad to me they go from flathead fillets for lunch to vegemite sandwiches!     Wink  Look forward to catching up!
David
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2011 at 11:53am
Originally posted by River Rover River Rover wrote:

Im not sure about Travers claim of super salesman but Wadey you will have to try harder to insult me by calling me a stooge Geez that would nearly qualify as a term of endearment to what I am used too!!! My role in the Powell Aklure team is support services and if the other two talk bad to me they go from flathead fillets for lunch to vegemite sandwiches!     Wink  Look forward to catching up!

We haven't broken the news to Dave, yet, that his primary role is produce cooking odours to attract the customers.  Like a sausage sizzle, Dave's flathead sizzle produces crowd pleasing odours Big smile.  Gary and I just feel obliged to eat the gourmet food that results from this secret strategy.

Travers
reel deal View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reel deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2011 at 1:30pm
Maybe if you added baked beans, you have even more odours Dead.

Travers/Gary - have you made anything yet with the mango ????
David - yes keen to catch up too.

wadey

RAVA View Drop Down
Industry Member
Industry Member
AkLures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAVA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2011 at 7:17pm
Wadey no mate haven't made anything yet been to busy getting this stuff readyWacko
Fish hate me!!!

Cheers Gary
Aussbasstony View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussbasstony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2011 at 7:38pm

Travers,

Did you keep the lure I was after ?    Email me a pic of what you did not sell if there is any please Big smile

Cheers Tony 
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2011 at 9:13pm
nice lot of lures there guys, great idea to get a few of you together selling ya wears, hope it was a successful day for all.
Jas
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
RAVA View Drop Down
Industry Member
Industry Member
AkLures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAVA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2011 at 9:40pm
Hi Jas, we are hoping it will be a successful 3 days also, but it's good fun with good mates anyway lots of laughsLOLLOL and Dave's great food 59what more could you ask for.
Fish hate me!!!

Cheers Gary
reel deal View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reel deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2011 at 9:53pm
Jason,
It is still 9 days away - plenty of time to pack your stock and get your bum on a plane.
Txt me flight details and I'll pick you up !!!!!

wadey
ropes.basstard View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Asian Lures Guide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ropes.basstard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2011 at 10:02pm
How depressing! I've gone ahead and booked a romantic weekend away for my wife and I on the same weekend...........BUGGER! I would have loved to have met you guys.
Hi I'm Ropes and I'm addicted to fishing lures.
RAVA View Drop Down
Industry Member
Industry Member
AkLures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAVA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2011 at 10:48pm
Thats a shame as we would have liked to have met you also Paul, as any one else from LL we would love to meet, Paul sometimes you just have to do these things it gets browny pointsWink
Fish hate me!!!

Cheers Gary
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2011 at 7:19am
[QUOTE=reel deal]Jason,
It is still 9 days away - plenty of time to pack your stock and get your bum on a plane.
Txt me flight details and I'll pick you up !!!!!

wadey
[/Q

UOTE]

Tempting wadey, but I think my busted ass lures would be a bit out of place sitting amongst these works of art!LOL
Maybe I could knock up a little humpy out of recycled rusty corrugated iron, and set it up as a stall outside the closest SAINT VINNIES.
Jas
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
Screamingreel View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2011 at 7:56am
What is the opening hours for the show.

Regards John
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2011 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by Screamingreel Screamingreel wrote:

What is the opening hours for the show.

Regards John
Open from 9 am to 5 pm each day.  Sadly, there is not much in the way of fishing gear at this show. Just 2.73 million campervans!, 7 boats, a few 4WD accessory outlets and some camping shops.

Bloody long way from Qld, just to catch up with 'Flacco and the Sandman', plus the celebrity chef, 'Dave' Gordon Ramsey.

Brett must be on the road.  No cheeky banter from him yet.  Here's a photo of him trying to pull a crowd.
 Thank God he had us there to clap and cheer!

Travers
RAVA View Drop Down
Industry Member
Industry Member
AkLures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAVA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2011 at 6:50pm
Travers has just been here checking out what I had to use as fillers for the stall Wink but I have finished my lot nowSmile 200 blades 58 minnows

Fish hate me!!!

Cheers Gary
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Asian Lures Guide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ropes.basstard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2011 at 7:11pm
I could just cry!Cry
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2011 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by ropes.basstard ropes.basstard wrote:

I could just cry!Cry

Come on, Paul.  Surely your romantic weekend is at the Hunter Valley vineyards.  Just tell your beautiful wife that you are taking her to a "Show" Big smile.
Mmmmmmaybe not!

Travers
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Asian Lures Guide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ropes.basstard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2011 at 8:15pm
Actually last year it was in the Hunter. This year it's in Sydney overlooking the harbour.
Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2011 at 10:12pm
Paul, that's just a quick hour & a bit up the highway Wink
"If you are going to have fun with your rod.. get some wood

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic