LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lure Market > LureLovers.com Cottage Industry Lure Market > Powell Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hunter Valley Caravan, Camping & Fishing Show

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hunter Valley Caravan, Camping & Fishing Show
    Posted: 13 May 2012 at 12:46pm
It's that time of the year again!  The Hunter Valley Caravan, Camping, 4WD & Fishing Show is on, at Maitland Show Ground, from Friday May 25th to Sunday 27th.

Carving lures for this Show has consumed most of my spare time for the past 3 months.  Finally finished and bagged the last batch of lures today.

Sorry about taking photos of the lures in their plastic bags, but the thought of unbagging 90 lures for photos was a little unappealing on this freezing cold Mother's Day!

Trout and Micro Diggers.

Macleay Minnows

Moogerah Minnows

Little Diggers

Mack Attack

7cm Minnow & Guppy Lure Making Kits

I've bought some new paints in the past 12 months, so there a few new colours - Pearl White and 3 SEM Candy Concentrates (California Gold, Mint Green & Candy Apple Red).  The Pearl White and Flouro Pink lures look pretty stunning as do the lures done in Candy Concentrates.

A few LL's members have indicated that they will be coming to the Show so, as well as some 'signed' lures, I've made some special lures.  There will be a few little lures that I have never sold before, only given to my 'rough' mates.

Flacco, the Aklure man, will be in the tent with a shipping container full of lures, as well as Flappo, the River Rover, with some Clapper Flappers.

Hope to catch up with a few LL's members over the 3 days.

Cheers

Travers

Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2012 at 1:01pm
Forgot to put a link to the Show:

Travers
wahootim View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wahootim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2012 at 6:32pm
Travers, some beaut lures there, dig the Gold with red eye scheme. im sure you'll sell out in no time, but if you have any left when you get back from the show let me know ill be keen for some thats for sure. Tim
manny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2012 at 7:06pm
Very Nice Travers. Keep the red and black ones for me (little diggers) Great Jack lures. BTW I'd like that Burgundy( Maroon, Queenslander Queenslander Queenslander) white  one also. LOL LOLLOL I hope you do well.
Regards MannyOhYeah

Manny
RAVA View Drop Down
Industry Member
Industry Member
AkLures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAVA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2012 at 8:20am
Yep I will be there with Travers and Dave Big smile here are some of my stuff some blades and top water lures I also have some fizzers but I will post those pics tonight, I will get some closer shots as well Embarrassed 
cheers Flacco

Fish hate me!!!

Cheers Gary
edzard View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Ollie's Stingrays

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2012 at 9:09am
WOW, you guys have certainly been busy.
Great looking lures Travers, fantastic colours schemes.

Flacco has also been very busy, no wonder I haven't heard from him for a while, both been buried deep in the caves.

As always fantastic lures, sure they'll be a success at the show.

Ollie 
fishaholic5 View Drop Down
Industry Member
Industry Member

Illusion Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fishaholic5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2012 at 9:18am
The lures look great, I hope you do well there this year. I didn't realize there was so many other lure makers around the Hunter Valley before I joined this siteClapClapClapClap

Cheers
Wal
Illusion Lures
ropes.basstard View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Asian Lures Guide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ropes.basstard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2012 at 11:57am
I will definitely be there this year. RIPPA and it's my birthday so the missus is buying me some lures.

I"M EXCITED!
Hi I'm Ropes and I'm addicted to fishing lures.
Ducks View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2012 at 12:41pm
Hmmm...  Wonder if the mrs wants a nice drive around the Hunter in a couple of weeks...
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2012 at 1:03pm
geez gary....some hrs there mate....and theres more to come!!!!!!! good work.
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
Mcleod View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Macquarie Customs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mcleod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2012 at 1:42pm
wowza that is a massive effort therre guys. I know how long it takes me to churn out one let alone that many. They look good. Forgot this was on, if I get up there I will swing by and introduce myself.

Angus
River Rover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote River Rover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2012 at 1:52pm
Back from Melbourne and there will be a crop of Flapper lures to add to Powelly and Flacco's great work. Trip to Melbourne was show related as I needed to work on the menu for the weekend, met with Heston, so a few surprises guaranteed. Great excuse to eat in best Lygon street had to offer and the vineyards of the Yarra valley and the boss thought I was treating her to the high life. Now I will be able to talk wine with Wadey and feed the team. 
David
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2012 at 6:44pm
I've got a few 'signed' lures, that I will be taking to the Show.  Happy to sell them prior to the Show, if anyone is interested.

Collector Set in Pagan Gold - $300.  Sorry about the photo quality.

Mack Attack Set in California Gold - Mack Attack 5" + Mack Attack + Trout Attack  -  $130.  I haven't made the Trout Attack for about 20 years.  Made a couple this year. This is the same Set that I made for Tony's fund raiser.  Second photo only has Mack Attack 5" + Mack Attack, but is a better photo.

Nudes (6 Aust Red Cedar, one White Beech and one Brown Beech). Mack Attack ($35), Little Digger and  Moogerah Minnow ($30ea), Macleay Minnow ($28), Micro Digger & Trout (25 ea).

4 Diggers. These are only available in Collector Sets and, occasionally, on ebay - $50 ea.  The Olive and Red/purple Diggers are 2011 made.  The Candy Apple red and California Gold were made recently.

These lures were made as a Collector Set (constructed in 2011), but I had to repaint the Macleay Minnow and Little Digger. Didn't quite match the shade of violet, so they are being sold separately.  Same price as the nudes.

Also got a couple of Mack Attack "Berthas" (2011). I made these for Brolly to attack Black Bass in NG.  They are heavy duty Mack Attacks - $40 ea.

Ermm That took Hug than I expected.

Cheers

Travers
RAVA View Drop Down
Industry Member
Industry Member
AkLures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAVA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2012 at 2:58pm
Hi all here are some of the lures that I have for the show, blades, fizzers and dawgs. Poor old SNAFU (Mick) will never offer to help me again I am sure, his poor little fingers got worked to the boneOuch puttiing the blades together with me, had to package em all Clap then he shouted me lunch because I let him do it Confused Wink

Fish hate me!!!

Cheers Gary
steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2012 at 8:23pm
RAVA and Powelly...you boys have been busy! Great looking lures as usual guys!
cheers steiny
SNAFU View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
RIPP-N LURES

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNAFU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2012 at 4:29pm
HAHAHA Gary,my bloody fingers was a little sore after hardwareing up all those blades,,,i have seen all of gary's lures and they look smick....Travers i can't wait till i see your lures in the flesh mate,i already have my eye on a couple...good job boys ....just need to see dave's clapper flappers nowTongue

Mick!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote River Rover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2012 at 5:33pm
Well Mick the wait is over, the boys have just been on a trip to Uncle Gary's lure testing facility passing with flying colours, so the security has been downgraded and here is the end result

Never have I made a batch this big, the flapper and blade sets in same colour will be in sets called top to bottom also did a family of Flapppers, Beside the lures for sale I am more so looking forward to a weekend of great fun with great mates. Look forward to seeing as many lurelovers as can possibly make it to the show.
David
RAVA View Drop Down
Industry Member
Industry Member
AkLures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAVA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2012 at 6:16pm
Ahh Clapper Flappers OhYeahhad a great arvo watching these little guys do their stuff Thumbs Up well done Dave they look awesome mate ClapClapClapClap
Fish hate me!!!

Cheers Gary
andrewparr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrewparr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2012 at 11:32pm
Awesome, I'll definately come see you's! I'll drag the old boy with me too!
A rod in one hand, a beer in the other. In an imperfect world, there are still perfect moments.
SNAFU View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
RIPP-N LURES

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNAFU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2012 at 7:46am
Good stuff there dave...i'll be in for a couple of red and white fella's...good stuff...

Mick!!!
RAVA View Drop Down
Industry Member
Industry Member
AkLures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAVA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2012 at 10:17am
To all LL if you come to the show please come and intro yourself to us Smile we love meeting LL and put a face to the names we see on the forum, Hug and if you are lucky you may even see the famous Travers Powell wave OhYeah
Fish hate me!!!

Cheers Gary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote River Rover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2012 at 2:03pm
Are we charging for the wave viewings?
David
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2012 at 4:12pm
Waving Clown
RAVA View Drop Down
Industry Member
Industry Member
AkLures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAVA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2012 at 8:41pm
yep thats it LOL I do hope you are not going to wear those clothes Shocked
Fish hate me!!!

Cheers Gary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote River Rover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2012 at 9:00am
The scary part is we tend to wear similar clothes to the boss?
David
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2012 at 12:02pm
The outfit looks fine Clown.  If you 2 don't like it, blame Nicho  -  that's where the insipation came from!

At least we won't look like a bunch of clowns, this year, which should be a vast improvement on our image last year.

God, it's going to be a long 3 days.

Travers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote River Rover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2012 at 4:42pm
Definitely could not blame Nicho it would have more dots if he inspired it. It may have a bonus of attracting attention. Looking forward to the challenge of the 3 days lures packaged and boxed ready to go. Rain predicted so it should be just like last year. Gary and I are even working on a new lure together prototypes of the Dawgorn Flapper may even be ready.
David
reel deal View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reel deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2012 at 6:05pm
Hey Jordy Dave,

Did I see some dimples (?) on the bibs - innovative that you intentionally marked the bibs rather than trying to keep them pristine.Ermm

wadeyLOL
www.reeldealfishing.com.au
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2012 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by reel deal reel deal wrote:

Hey Jordy Dave,

Did I see some dimples (?) on the bibs - innovative that you intentionally marked the bibs rather than trying to keep them pristine.Ermm

wadeyLOL
Hmmm Confused, best that I don't tell you where I got the dimpled aluminium! Suffice to say that the bloke who gave me the 'reflectors' used to work with the 2 nut-cases that I have to entertain next weekend (lets hope that there are no sniffer dogs on duty)Big smile

Travers
ropes.basstard View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Asian Lures Guide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ropes.basstard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2012 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by RAVA RAVA wrote:

Hi all here are some of the lures that I have for the show, blades, fizzers and dawgs. Poor old SNAFU (Mick) will never offer to help me again I am sure, his poor little fingers got worked to the boneOuch puttiing the blades together with me, had to package em all Clap then he shouted me lunch because I let him do it Confused Wink

Gary will you be selling any fo those mind blowing bibbed lures of yours?

Ropes
Hi I'm Ropes and I'm addicted to fishing lures.
Mal Vader View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mal Vader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2012 at 9:30pm
Yep! I'll come along, kicking and screaming! Got a lot of names to put faces to, as well. I'll be the twitt in the Knights clobber(the LL clothing range debate has slowed) Ouch
DARK LORD
In Space, no-one can hear you SCREAM!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote River Rover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2012 at 8:53am
Yes Mr Wade the 2012 Flapper range comes with textured bibs. As Powelly stated the opportunity of a new material came our way and I think it really comes up great on surface lures. Goes to show Flapper lures listen to their clients you want texture on the bibs we give it!
David
steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2012 at 9:03am
The dimpled bibs look awesome David!
cheers steiny
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2012 at 9:26pm
A few of the 'signed' lures are on their way to a new home.  Gone are the trio of Gold Macks, a nude Mack Attack and Moogerah Minnow, The Candy Apple Red Digger and a Trout, Moogerah Minnow & Micro Digger in the Purple/Red pattern.

The rest are still available, including the gold Collector Set.

Cheers

Travers
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2012 at 7:41pm
Well, it's on for young and old tomorrow!Party  Day 1 of the Hunter Valley Caravan, Camping, 4WD, Fish and Boat Show.

Dave and Gary must have ducked into church, through the week, and asked the Big Fella to hold off on the weather.  It was supposed to be bucketing down today and tomorrow (90% chance of 20-40mm), which has been downgraded to 90% chance of 10-20mm today and 80% chance of 1-5mm tomorrow.

We haven't seen a drop of rain, today, but there's still 6 hours to go.  The radar shows the rain drifting to the South of us, so a huge thanks to Flacco and Flappo for taking the unprecidented risk of talking the the big G LOL.

If there are any members turning up, rock up and share the lies, gossip and bullsh*t that I have to put up with for 3 days - sorry Thommo, I was referring to my support staff.

Cheers

Travers
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic