LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lure Market > LureLovers.com Cottage Industry Lure Market > Powell Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hunter Valley Caravan, Camping & Fishing Show

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrewparr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2012 at 10:06pm
I'll be there at about 9am, gotta come in before uni and work haha. Where will I find you's?
A rod in one hand, a beer in the other. In an imperfect world, there are still perfect moments.
RAVA View Drop Down
Industry Member
Industry Member
AkLures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAVA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2012 at 10:26pm
Down the back mate next to the barra tank, looking foreward to meeting you Thumbs Up
Cheers Flacco
Fish hate me!!!

Cheers Gary
saito View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2012 at 12:26pm
Got a little bit of rain this morning here in Sydney.
Hope it didn't get too wet for you guys up there today?
ropes.basstard View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Asian Lures Guide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ropes.basstard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2012 at 4:34pm
Dropped in this morning and saw the boys, by god they have some great product! Gee I love my wife, she really spoiled me rotten. I'd post some photos but I had a Murphy moment and left the camera battery behind. BTW Travers' sneaky gems are awesome. I scored one or two for myself.
Hi I'm Ropes and I'm addicted to fishing lures.
saito View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2012 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by ropes.basstard ropes.basstard wrote:

Dropped in this morning and saw the boys, by god they have some great product! Gee I love my wife, she really spoiled me rotten. I'd post some photos but I had a Murphy moment and left the camera battery behind. BTW Travers' sneaky gems are awesome. I scored one or two for myself.
Jealous Cry Would like to see these gems that you got.

I will be heading up there tomorrow morning, so hopefully might bump into some of you.
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Asian Lures Guide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ropes.basstard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2012 at 4:40pm
Ok now that's out of the system I just wanted to thank the guys it was a wonderfull chinwag. We must find a reason to catchup again with even more LLs.
BTW it might be cool & windy but it is dry.
RAVA View Drop Down
Industry Member
Industry Member
AkLures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAVA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2012 at 7:43pm
Thanks Paul it was great to meet you and your lovely wife, yep we will have to have another get together soon. James it was dry mate see you tomorrow Smile
Flacco
Fish hate me!!!

Cheers Gary
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2012 at 8:59pm
Great to see a few of the LL's members drop in and say g'day.  Always nice to meet the members face-to-face and have a chat - emails and PM's are great, but you can't beat the old fashioned handshake and chat.

ropes.basstard (Paul), SNAFU (Mick), bullrout22 (Dave) and Paul's wife buying him a great birthday presentBig smile.

andrewparr (red top)                                                                             lest_55

Benno also paid us a visit and bought a few lures.

As you can see from the photos, the crowds were a bit thin, probably because of the predicted rain that didn't eventuate.

Dave provided a very tastey 'road kill' Dream Pot feed of curried chicken and Gary provided apple turnovers for morning tea, which we had at about 3pm.  A good day was had by all.

Still a couple of the 'special' little lures left and a few 'signed' lures.  The Trout and Micro Diggers were the top sellers for the fishermen.

Tomorrow should be OK, except for the wind.

Cheers

Travers
bullrout22 View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bullrout22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2012 at 10:36pm
Travers

It was great to say Gday again also to Gary and Dave always great to see some one you know,it was great to meet Snafu & Ropes and his wife.looking forward to the next time.
Thanks Dave lunch was great

Also it was great to see Brett again and have a good talk about lures next time mate bring a few lures always better to touch than look at pictures Wink
Thanks again another top day talking you you all

Dave Lake Macquarie N.S.W

CaptainCranky View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainCranky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2012 at 6:45am
Great to see LL's catching up.By the looks of the fellow in the Akubra ,Paul's better half might have chosen his lure.
The Journey is the Reward

Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2012 at 8:07am
Originally posted by bullrout22 bullrout22 wrote:

Travers

It was great to say Gday again also to Gary and Dave always great to see some one you know,it was great to meet Snafu & Ropes and his wife.looking forward to the next time.
Thanks Dave lunch was great

Also it was great to see Brett again and have a good talk about lures next time mate bring a few lures always better to touch than look at pictures Wink
Thanks again another top day talking you you all

Dave, it was great to catch up, but I'm a little concerned about what you and Brett were discussing. Last year I used the caption "My Merlin's bigger than your Merlin".  I think that I should have saved for this year's photo! Confused

Beautiful day, today - blue sky and a bit of wind.  It blew a gale last night but now seems to have died down to a chilly wind.

Despite requesting Baked Beans, Dave's knocking up pancakes for breakfast this morning.  Best head off and supervise the head chef.  He's planning on serving fresh fish for lunch, despite Brett's reluctance to provide Barramundi!Cry

Hope to see a few more LL's members today,

Cheers

Travers
andrewparr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrewparr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2012 at 9:52am
Nice to meet you fellas, its a shame I couldn't part with more $! Smile
A rod in one hand, a beer in the other. In an imperfect world, there are still perfect moments.
bullrout22 View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bullrout22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2012 at 2:41pm
Quote Dave, it was great to catch up, but I'm a little concerned about what you and Brett were discussing. Last year I used the caption "My Merlin's bigger than your Merlin".  I think that I should have saved for this year's photo

Travers

We was talking secrete lures LOLLOL

The truth  Brett was showing me pictures of lures he has picked up and I tried real hard to get a couple he just said no,mean bugger he is CryCry
Revenge will be sweat ClapClap

Andrew I forgot you sorry mate it was great to meet you also Clap

Im glad the wind is ok it was blowing here this morning

Dave should be on master chief he cooks up a top feed
Dave Lake Macquarie N.S.W

SNAFU View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
RIPP-N LURES

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNAFU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2012 at 5:18pm
Spent a few hrs on fri and sat morn with the 3 amigo's (travers,RAVA and River Rover) or is that the 3 Stooges.hahaha...sorry boys Big smile...it was good to hang around the boys stand and have a chat and watch them carve and sand blanks,get some tips on luremaking and to listen to their sales pitch...these blokes could sell ice to eskimos i tell ya...Cool...was also good to meet..ropes..andrew..saito..bullrout and bret(justlooking) from the barra tank display,good to put faces to the names is always good....hope the sales were up today boys as you have a great display of your excellent lures ...thanks dave for the lunch and morning tea..did i hear travers say the curry needs more ONIONS..HAHAHA.......

Mick!!!
saito View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2012 at 6:47pm
Was at the show on Saturday and was great to meet up with Travers and some of the boys behind the stand.
Was good talking about lures and getting tips on making them from everyone.
Was able to pickup some, acutally quite a few lures that day and now contemplating on whether to use them. They look so good in their packets LOL
Thanks for the talk boys (Not very good with names - Mick, David, Gary and Travers?), you guys made the long trip worth it...it's good to put some faces on names.

Hope you guys made some good sales today, wish i was there but i think i would of bought the shop if i stayed longer.

Hope to see some of you guys at the QLD Lure Expo as i will also be heading up there.

Thanks again

James

@Travers - My girlfriend likes the orange signed lures, she thinks they're cute. She still hasn't asked how much i spent that day Thumbs Up
lest_55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lest_55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2012 at 6:59pm
  Spent an hour or so there on Friday arvo on my way home fom work .. Grabbed a couple of lures and had a great chat to travers ,Gary,Dave and Brett Clap....Ended up back there today and had a nice little talk with Gary Wink bought a couple more lures and ordered a few moreThumbs Up
                                                                                                Cheers LES
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2012 at 8:26pm
The 3 days of carving, selling & bullsh*tting is now over Big smile.  I think that we may have 'dodged a bullet', with the weather, although the little tent did have a tendency to lift during yesterday's high winds.  Today was an absolute pearler of a day, with blue sky and a light breeze.

James (saito) caught up with us yesterday and shouted himself some nice little treasures.  It was great to catch up and talk lures.  Poor bloke!  He's now caught the lure collecting bug. Now, he's heading to the Lure Expo, good luck with the collection, James.

Also had Ronnie                                       and                  Ron Davies (D.Dads) make an appearance today.

Gary and Dave provided great support, with an endless supply of gourmet tucker, poor humour and stunning lures.  Brett nearly had the crowds believing that the three stoogers in the white tent were luremaking geniuses - the "tent of knowledge!" was the call.  As expected, we couldn't live up to the hype!LOL

Les turned up again, today, with some of my old Guppy lures and a couple of Gary's old lures.  Nice to see them looking so good after 20+ years.

Will we go around again in 2013?  Maybe.

Cheers

Travers
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2012 at 8:46pm
almost made it but as always work interfered...so please do 2013....its allready booked.
Jas
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
RAVA View Drop Down
Industry Member
Industry Member
AkLures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAVA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2012 at 9:26pm
Yep I am now sitting down unwinding with a glass of champers (I am a cheap drunk) I had a ball meeting all those LL people who came to see us talk lures carving and all things great in our world of lure making, the food Dave cooks up never ceases to amaze me a HUGE THANKYOU mate ClapClapClapClapClapClapClap and our boss Travers always cracking the whip ( sand here carve there wave to the crowd ) great fun LOL. To see some of my old lures turn up was for me a real thrill thanks Les I now know they have a good home Thumbs Up and Brett on the barra tank went above the call of duty promoting us in the tent of knowledge Embarrassed as he said between the three of us in the tent there was a great deal of knowledgeEmbarrassed yep Dave found the knowledge it was on a piece of wood shaving on the floor between us so it was lucky we did not step on it or all that knowledge would have been lost !!!!!!Wink Thankyou all for a great 3 days
 Cheers Flacco
Crynow back to the real world tomorrow.
Fish hate me!!!

Cheers Gary
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Asian Lures Guide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ropes.basstard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2012 at 9:57pm
Guys we are back home too but we are having a liquor muscat we picked up at Pokolbin.

Been fondling my show bought lures with some relish. Will be posting some pics here as soon as I can sort out a failed software update.

Mal Vader View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mal Vader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2012 at 10:30am
Sorry fellas, I didn't make it over Cry .
The young boy's footy took up the morning(what we do for our kids Thumbs Up ).
Andrew said he needs more cash, spent too much on lures, so much so when I hit him up for $ for another lure he had already ordered Shocked ....................................................................I can't get mine either, it's on the same order Broken Heart . Not to worry, he gets paid Tuesday.

DARK LORD
In Space, no-one can hear you SCREAM!
River Rover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote River Rover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2012 at 11:57am
Great weekend, Talked, ate, carved lures, met fellow LL members and even did some work selling lures, big weekend. Highliaghts were RAVA's miserable failure when he got promoted to the wave. I might get a go in another 2 or 3 years but the pressure is huge. The shaving of Knowledge RAVA mentioned was actually a 6 inch lure he over carved and sanded whilst watching some of the passing customers.
Have plenty of Flappers left and have put some here if anyone interested.

Clappers $13 plus postage  Top to bottom sets $20 plus postage

David
Ronnie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ronnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2012 at 7:12pm
Went to the Camping & Fishing show on Saturday arvo, met Powelly, Rava and River Rover. Great to meet you guys, bought some nice lures and went out Sunday arvo and give them a test run. Caught 3 flathead on the trawl and a thumping salmon, all on the moogerah minnow from Powelly. Thanks guys, cheers Ronnie

steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2012 at 7:43pm
The moogerah minnow is my fav powelly model
cheers steiny
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic