LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Lure Making > Soft Plastics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I love the softies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ex Member.
Ex Member.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldtrev68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I love the softies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted: 04 Nov 2011 at 10:25pm
This year was my first year using softies in a serious way!in a club.My son got junior champ 300 points in front of second place,biggest bream 1.265kgs.I won senior section by 120 points biggest flathead 4.636kgs.In one of our mini comps my son & myself got 117 points first place -second place used live bait & strips of mullet & got a whopping 3 points.We got 28 flaties in a 3 hour session biggest 79.6 cm,5 over 75 cm & the rest going at 51 cm --68cm only using Berkley GULP pumkin seed 4" minnow,4"swimming mullet & 3" camo swimming mullet.Only dropped 1 it was a dinosaur at least 115cm bit thro 10 pound trace!
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2011 at 6:10am
I still dont get the same pleasure using the plastics as I do using hardbodies.....but no doubt they are doing the job well, they are the in thing and with good reason...........but they just dont cut it for me, Id rather catch less and get a few on hards than get lots on plastic...........just personal opinion.
Well done on yours and your sons results............those flatties had some size about them!     over a metre is a big fish......would love to see one of those someday.
Jas
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2011 at 9:47pm
good stuff Goldtrev the 1.2kg bream and the 4.6 kg flattie are a very nice score indeed.those big metre plus flatties are way too cagey to get caught,ive seen them down around jumpinpin never been able to get one to take a lure though
toadfrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toadfrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2011 at 12:52pm
I like about everything . I do some plastics because they are easy to experiment with . Ruin some plastic and you lose a couple dollars . Ruin a crank bait and you lose control of your vocabulary Plus cost , time , labor and sanity . 
You and I can make a positive difference in someones life every day if only for a moment.
dalbykayakin View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Smick Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalbykayakin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2012 at 9:28pm
With flatties do you just jig/crawl the softies across the bottom? slowly? i've never landed a fish on a softie but have caught some flatties over 65cm on size 2 stumpys with the pointy bib they loved em that day at the pin. 1st cast 3 winds into the retreive boom 66cm flatty. trolled straight after that for about 5 minutes boom 67cm flatty couldnt believe my luck.
goldtrev68 View Drop Down
Ex Member.
Ex Member.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldtrev68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2012 at 10:02pm
Rastuss...mate just drift with them holding the rod at all times,,use to do all the crap that they do on TV but stopped that & just relax doing it,,but for the bream you got to work harder,,barra like the slow bounce of the bottom,,whiting are little twitches of the rod tip still drifting,,jack like it smashing them in the head so lots of casts into the snags,,even got mud crabs on them,,,that was a big surprise I will tell you,,gary 
goldtrev68 View Drop Down
Ex Member.
Ex Member.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldtrev68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2012 at 10:10pm
these three fish are 70cm,,74cm,,79.6cm...all caught in about 45minutes,,,got 28(flaties) from 10am--4pm plus whiting bream sole jew tailor & bloody big toad,,all on soft plastics,,,pick up a sponcership from BERKLEY for our trouble,,,Gary....CATCH MEASURE PHOTO RELEASE,,,
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Smick Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalbykayakin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2012 at 10:23pm

Holy hell thats some good fish there. everyone who talks flathead talks pumkinseed colour it must be a good'n

toadfrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toadfrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2012 at 11:59pm
I could only wish to get into a mess of those flatties . I'm soooo jealous . Once in a while our flat heads will take a yellow jig . Won't touch softies . Strictly live bait fish .
You and I can make a positive difference in someones life every day if only for a moment.
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Smick Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalbykayakin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2012 at 7:45am
Originally posted by toadfrog toadfrog wrote:

I could only wish to get into a mess of those flatties . I'm soooo jealous . Once in a while our flat heads will take a yellow jig . Won't touch softies . Strictly live bait fish .

But are your flathead the same as ours or are they a type of catfish called flathead catfish?

toadfrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toadfrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2012 at 2:32pm
They are a catfish . The look is quite similar but different species . Its not uncommon to catch one 60 lb or so . But you better have some good line . As soon as they take a bait they head under a rock for cover . 
fishtime View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fishtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2012 at 6:01pm
I love soft plastics too they are awesome
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic