LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > QLD Lures > Fysshe Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ians Poppers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wahootim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ians Poppers
    Posted: 12 Aug 2012 at 9:23pm
Was given these buy a guy that was in the Ipswich Sports Fish Club, he said they were Ians work [Ian hope were right] said around early to mid 80's. Tim
Fysshe Salmon View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Fysshe Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fysshe Salmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2012 at 12:25am
Yes Tim, a couple of my old ones made from dowel from the local hardware shop. Got my best lure caught Jack of 2kg on the little pink one, Calliope river early 90's. Clap
Fysshe
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Fysshe Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fysshe Salmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2012 at 12:49am
Checked my records, was 1kg on 2kg line at 3am. The bigger one was got on bait later. Will try to upload pics.
Fysshe
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Fysshe Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fysshe Salmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2012 at 12:59am
Eddy Watson showed me up later that day with a bruiser 2kg fish on 1kg line on a pink Nilsie. ClapClap We heard the fish chopping the night before and headed upriver in the early wee hours. Got my jack on the first cast. I was quicker to the spot! LOL
Fysshe
wahootim View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wahootim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2012 at 2:34pm
Thanks Ian, you wouldn't dare through lures at jacks on 1 and 2kg line these daysLOL [can get expensive]. cheers Tim
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Fysshe Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fysshe Salmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2012 at 2:47pm
Actually lost very few lures to Jacks, easy fish to target on ultra light gear with the right technique! 2 metres 6kg leader and 30cm 10kg tippet. Lost a lot more on heavier tackle when more pressure is applied to leader! StarStar
Fysshe
steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2012 at 3:00pm
Nice pics Ian!
cheers steiny
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic